Blur TRc pictures

Printable View

  • 12-26-2012
    rage-day
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sorlo101 View Post
    Just got my trc few hours ago,transfer all parts from my blt2 aluminium. But need to change the handlebar to easton haven carbon,existing is ritchey supersonic super low rise.
    Weight at 10.7kg small frame.

    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

    Fabulous weight, what bash guard are running? Are you 3x10 or 2x10?
  • 12-26-2012
    sorlo101
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rage-day View Post
    Fabulous weight, what bash guard are running? Are you 3x10 or 2x10?

    Using raceface 34th bash guard,i just removed 44th chainring from xo 3x10 crankset. Left 33&24 theeth
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    Finally got my TRc back together in one piece. Miss the old Orange/Black color, but just glad to have a new 2013 frame.

    TRC Large
    Race face turbine stem 60mm
    XO shifters/derailleur
    Noir crankset
    Fox talas 32
    Enve wheelset/handlebars
    masterpiece seatpost
    Selle italia SLR xc seat
    HT Ae03 pedals
    Rocket Ron front/rear tires
    Formula RX brakes
    Weight: 23.6 pounds
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    1 Attachment(s)
    hope this works..
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    3 Attachment(s)
    few more pics!
  • 12-31-2012
    kdiff
    Wow, that is a sweet bike & build! :eek:

    Did you get the AM or XC wheels?
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    hey Kdiff, thanks! They're the xc versions. Still want a dropper post and maybe a 2x10 setup, then i'll be really happy!
  • 12-31-2012
    rage-day
    Great build Bolty, did you go tubeless? Also, what length are your forks? I have 150/120 and am debating whether to reduce to 140/110.
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    Hey Rage-day, thanks. i'm running tubeless right now with Rocket Rons. Sidewalls are quite thin so I have to watch out on the rocky sections, but loving the light wheel/tire feel.

    I have the 120/150 talas and i'm thinking the same, but don't want to go 110. I like the feel of the 120, but also want to utilize 140 as well. I might just get a 130 float later.
  • 12-31-2012
    rage-day
    Hey Bolty12, thanks for the prompt reply. If you do run your Talas at 150mm, I'd be interested to hear what it's like. I am waiting for a rear hub before my LBS can complete the build of my TRC!
  • 12-31-2012
    kdiff
    My Float is 150. I like it a lot but I haven't tried any other sizes so I don't really have any other comparisons.
  • 12-31-2012
    rage-day
    I have my LBS's 140mm TRC and it flows really well on singletrack and downhill. I guess I am just wondering if the 150mm fork will make much difference to the flow. I am hoping it will be good for the downhill and 120mm for the ups will make it the best of both worlds. I am not sure going to 140/110 is necessarily a good option as the 110mm for ups may not be as good as the 120mm option.

    Will let you know when mine is built and have ridden it.
  • 12-31-2012
    Bolty12
    i never tried it on the 150mm setting yet, but since someone posted that the SC faq page took out the 140mm suggested max, I'm going to give it a shot. the 120mm feels great especially on the ups, but I'm definitely going to experiment with the 150 tomorrow.

    Hope you get your bike together soon!

    Kdiff, how is it on 150mm setting, especially on the climbs? I imagine it's great for downhill.
  • 12-31-2012
    Brian Damage
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bolty12 View Post
    i never tried it on the 150mm setting yet, but since someone posted that the SC faq page took out the 140mm suggested max, I'm going to give it a shot. the 120mm feels great especially on the ups, but I'm definitely going to experiment with the 150 tomorrow.

    Hope you get your bike together soon!

    Kdiff, how is it on 150mm setting, especially on the climbs? I imagine it's great for downhill.

    I've got a Talas on my TRc. The 150 setting certainly does wander on the climbs, but it is far better than 120 on the decents. I don't think I would go down to 140/110 though, don't think 110 would be good for much. As SC claims, 130 is probably the best all around front travel, or 140 for more aggressive riding IMO.
  • 12-31-2012
    kdiff
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bolty12 View Post
    Kdiff, how is it on 150mm setting, especially on the climbs? I imagine it's great for downhill.

    I don't find that it's bad on the climbs. When I hit a really really steep spot I drop my saddle to mid-height and lean forward and I have little problems with wandering. I don't think 20mm in fork height would make a difference at this point. It's a little tough when I hit some taller rocks on a really steep section. I think it climbs better than my Bur LT2 with a 120-150 Talas. There's a local trail where you climb about 6 miles then turn around and go back down. It has two really steep sharp corners where I have encountered people with more XC-ish bikes walking those sections and I can ride them. During the rest of the climb I never think my front is wandering. This might be a more subjective thing based on riding style and trail, but those are my thoughts.

    On descents it's a beast with a 150mm fork. :D

    Admittedly, I am curious what it would be like with a 130mm fork since that's what SC told me the "sweet spot" is.
  • 01-01-2013
    rage-day
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Brian Damage View Post
    I've got a Talas on my TRc. The 150 setting certainly does wander on the climbs, but it is far better than 120 on the decents. I don't think I would go down to 140/110 though, don't think 110 would be good for much. As SC claims, 130 is probably the best all around front travel, or 140 for more aggressive riding IMO.

    Thanks for feedback. Do you adjust your Talas to 120mm for the ups, or just leave it at 150mm most of the time?
  • 01-01-2013
    rage-day
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    I don't find that it's bad on the climbs. When I hit a really really steep spot I drop my saddle to mid-height and lean forward and I have little problems with wandering. I don't think 20mm in fork height would make a difference at this point. It's a little tough when I hit some taller rocks on a really steep section. I think it climbs better than my Bur LT2 with a 120-150 Talas. There's a local trail where you climb about 6 miles then turn around and go back down. It has two really steep sharp corners where I have encountered people with more XC-ish bikes walking those sections and I can ride them. During the rest of the climb I never think my front is wandering. This might be a more subjective thing based on riding style and trail, but those are my thoughts.

    On descents it's a beast with a 150mm fork. :D

    Admittedly, I am curious what it would be like with a 130mm fork since that's what SC told me the "sweet spot" is.

    I think you are right about technique, I have been riding my 110mm fork Marin for 6 years, but have managed to keep up with my friends riding 150's on downhills, I've just had to improve my technique.

    Not sure clearance will be great with a 130, I get pedal strikes with the 140 fork and am also hoping the 150 will help with that as well.
  • 01-01-2013
    kidd
    I found, activating the pro pedal reduces pedal strikes on really rocky ascents. Flat areas and descents I can afford to pay more attention. Or back pedal to avoid strikes.
    Sc got my black and orange on Dec. 21. It weighed 28lb. I'm gonna take my time rebuilding it. I'd be happier with it in the 26lb. range.
  • 01-02-2013
    rage-day
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I found, activating the pro pedal reduces pedal strikes on really rocky ascents. Flat areas and descents I can afford to pay more attention. Or back pedal to avoid strikes.
    Sc got my black and orange on Dec. 21. It weighed 28lb. I'm gonna take my time rebuilding it. I'd be happier with it in the 26lb. range.

    Thanks for tips on pedal strikes, be interested on spec when you finish your rebuild
  • 01-02-2013
    dropmachine.com
    Is the new TRC a 142mm rear?
  • 01-02-2013
    mestapho
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by dropmachine.com View Post
    Is the new TRC a 142mm rear?

    Yep. 142x12
  • 01-02-2013
    dropmachine.com
    sigh.

    "progress."
  • 01-05-2013
    kiwanoron
    2 Attachment(s)
    Few More changes...TRc 650
    I am almost finished with it ..Waiting for a few more parts.

    Setup -

    Custom Tuned Fox rear shock, by the Bike Co in Ca.
    Fork -Fox 34 27.5
    Raceface sixC Bars and cranks with Chromag 33 tooth ring.
    KS LEV
    Hope Brakes - m4 Front and x2 Rear, Ltd blk/green
    Shimano Zee rear D.
    Flow/Novatec Wheels
    Twenty6 stem
    MRP chainguide


    Waiting on a Deity seat clamp and Saddle.
  • 01-05-2013
    zauberer
    this is a dream bike:cool:
    very nice colour mix

    your FOX34 is set to how much travel? 130mm or 140mm?
  • 01-05-2013
    Tobi1976
    Which brand are the headset spacers? Nice to see that the bar and crank boots match the frame. Have them on my shopping list, too.