Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    will do!

hey Mestapho, had a quick question. The new frame came with an aluminum upper link. I still have my old frame's carbon link, wondering if you know why they have two variations and if it's safe to switch them out? I know your new frame came with a carbon one so I'm a bit confused at their choices or is it just random. Thanks in advance.

Edit: never mind sorry, i just backtracked a few pages and read a few posts regarding the aluminum vs carbon link. Sorry, should have did some homework first
    Last edited by Bolty12; 12-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolty12 View Post
    will do!

hey Mestapho, had a quick question. The new frame came with an aluminum upper link. I still have my old frame's carbon link, wondering if you know why they have two variations and if it's safe to switch them out? I know your new frame came with a carbon one so I'm a bit confused at their choices or is it just random. Thanks in advance.

Edit: never mind sorry, i just backtracked a few pages and read a few posts regarding the aluminum vs carbon link. Sorry, should have did some homework first
    You should be able to swap it out. Willie told me to keep it for a back-up.
    It is weird that they aren't consistent.
    I may have just gotten some of the old stock they were trying to get rid of.

Would be interested to see the weight difference. My thought is they are just trying to reduce the cost.

Sunshine & Slippery Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    I'm needing a bike to leave at work. I'm seriously considering the XX1AM build kit. Anyone try XX1 yet and have recommendations on gearing (I may go 32X42)?
    You should be totally fine with that ratio. I run 34/36 on a 1x10 and would remain with that or go up a tooth or two if I were to run 1x11 and I am no beefcake. We ride a lot here, but I'm a feather weight with minor muscle mass.

In either case, starting at that ratio is probably a best bet for someone unsure with a 1X setup. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Figured I would post a recent pic:

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sweet. Which size is it?

mtbr member
    Thank you. Med, with 26" wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice TRC kdiff! What tires are you running? Whats the overall weight?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I am new to this thread, and appreciate all the info and pics. Thanks.
    I have a 2013 trc on the way and here is my build plan. I am counting grams for a 25lb build.

Any advice from people running these parts on their trc?

900g Brakes XT 7" front rotor and 6" rear
    730g Cranks and BB - XT with Cromag 32T chainring (1x10)
    330g Pedals - XT
    2225g Frame white Blur TRc
    1650g Fork 2013 150mm RS Revelation RT3 (white or black, undecided)
    1630g Wheels Stans Arch/Hope Pro Evo
    250g Chain XTR
    340g Cassette 11-36 Shimano XT
    120g Headset - 44mm / 49mm ext. Zero Stack - tapered
    1100g Tires "Racing ralph R" "Nobby nic F" 2.25
    150g Rear Shifter SLX
    222g Bar - Raceface SixC
    144g Stem - Haven 65mm
    600g Post - Reverb
    200g Seat SDG
    300g SLX shadow plus Rear derailer with clutch
    +250g for cables, grips
    I have all the SLX stuff already so not sure if it is worth upgrading them.

The other thing I am considering:
    - 2013 Rockshox Revelation fork that cannot be internally lowered or 2012 Revelation that can be lowered to 140mm

-- I rode dh for years, now spend more time on trails pedalling. I still often pedal over to dh tracks on my small bike and love it. I also have a Kona Operator and RM Slayer as my 'big bikes'. Not sure if the trc will replace my Slayer yet, I may find a way to justify both. As long as they are the same color, the wife won't notice!

cheers!

Www.rvmba.org
    Feb 2009
    Here is a pic of my TRc. Loving this bike. Just slapped on DT EX 1750 wheelset yesterday.

http://forums.mtbr.com/members/sofar...bums/blur-trc/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    Nice TRC kdiff! What tires are you running? Whats the overall weight?
    Thank you! I'm running 2.35 Minion F in the front and a 2.35 High Roller in the rear. I'm not really sure about it's weight. My wheels are a little heavier (Mavic 721's). I've been trying for a balance between strength/stiffness and weight savings. I'll hopefully get it on a scale in the next week or two.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiff View Post
    Thank you! I'm running 2.35 Minion F in the front and a 2.35 High Roller in the rear. I'm not really sure about it's weight. My wheels are a little heavier (Mavic 721's). I've been trying for a balance between strength/stiffness and weight savings. I'll hopefully get it on a scale in the next week or two.
    29.3 llbs as pictured....

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kelownamike View Post
    I am new to this thread, and appreciate all the info and pics. Thanks.
    I have a 2013 trc on the way and here is my build plan. I am counting grams for a 25lb build.

Any advice from people running these parts on their trc?

900g Brakes XT 7" front rotor and 6" rear
    730g Cranks and BB - XT with Cromag 32T chainring (1x10)
    330g Pedals - XT
    2225g Frame white Blur TRc
    1650g Fork 2013 150mm RS Revelation RT3 (white or black, undecided)
    1630g Wheels Stans Arch/Hope Pro Evo
    250g Chain XTR
    340g Cassette 11-36 Shimano XT
    120g Headset - 44mm / 49mm ext. Zero Stack - tapered
    1100g Tires "Racing ralph R" "Nobby nic F" 2.25
    150g Rear Shifter SLX
    222g Bar - Raceface SixC
    144g Stem - Haven 65mm
    600g Post - Reverb
    200g Seat SDG
    300g SLX shadow plus Rear derailer with clutch
    +250g for cables, grips
    I have all the SLX stuff already so not sure if it is worth upgrading them.

The other thing I am considering:
    - 2013 Rockshox Revelation fork that cannot be internally lowered or 2012 Revelation that can be lowered to 140mm

-- I rode dh for years, now spend more time on trails pedalling. I still often pedal over to dh tracks on my small bike and love it. I also have a Kona Operator and RM Slayer as my 'big bikes'. Not sure if the trc will replace my Slayer yet, I may find a way to justify both. As long as they are the same color, the wife won't notice!

cheers!
    I have a new TRC on the way too, I am reducing my 150 talas to 140, as the general consensus is it will handle better. Also keeps you in warranty.

What size frame have you got? I'd be very interested on how the 65mm stem feels, I am trying 75mm, but think it may make the cockpit a little cramped. I think the Haven stem is a great choice, pretty much decided on that for mine too.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Figured I would post a recent pic:

Nice setup , be interested to know how the shock performs against the standard kashima Fox

mtbr member
    Very nice! Can you still fit a full size bottle on there?
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e View Post
    Alternatively, can you mount the shock the other way to give more clearance for a bottle?

I'm looking to ditch my camelbak . . . BLT2 doesn't have bottle mounts
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    A good rim for the TRC is the Spank Oozy rim. I put a set on as they were only 25 grms a rim heavier then the Dt400 however they are 21 mm internal width so I can run my 2.5 tires still. The oobla tech makes they really stiff, they feel about the same as the Dt500's I have on my nomad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-day View Post
    I have a new TRC on the way too, I am reducing my 150 talas to 140, as the general consensus is it will handle better. Also keeps you in warranty.

What size frame have you got? I'd be very interested on how the 65mm stem feels, I am trying 75mm, but think it may make the cockpit a little cramped. I think the Haven stem is a great choice, pretty much decided on that for mine too.
    Large and I am 6' tall (short torso and long limbs). I find "long" stems (over 70mm) on slack bikes are a bad combo. Top tubes are getting longer on newer designs so riders can run shorter stems and I agree it improves the ride. Check out Mondraker bikes; they run 0mm (zero!) stems on some models.

An alternative to longer stems is a wider bar which is all the rage here in BC.

mtbr member

Santa Cruz TRc 26" and 650b

2012 Medium TRc (SC Sale with Fox RP23)
    1x10 setup
    30T MRP chainring (Lot of climbing around)
    11-36 XTR cassette
    XO medium derailleur (I run a small on my Tallboy and they both work nicely)
    XO rear shifter
    XO cranks
    Sram GXP BB
    XTR brakes with Shimano Ice Tech rotors (will try some Ashima Airotors later)
    KS Lev 150mm seatpost
    Easton Carbon Haven bars at 710mm
    Syntec 60mm stem
    Fox 26" 140mm fork
    ESI Racer grips
    Time Atac carbon pedals

24.78 lbs with 26" Easton Carbon Haven wheels and Schwalbe HD front and RR rear.

25.26 lbs with 650b AM Enve wheels 28 spokes and Chris King hubs - Schwalbe NN front and RR rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-dscf0764.jpg  

Blur TRc pictures-dscf0767.jpg  

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    @jazzanova, which wheel size do you like the most for the TRc??

mtbr member
    Haven't ridden any
    Brand new build. I have had the eastons for some time, but they are practically brand new.
    I am going to ride the 650b enve first and if I like the setup, I will most likely sell the easton wheels.
    Will try them soon and let you know.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

150 mm fork voiding warranty?

Rageday, the TRc FAQ on the SCB website used to state;

"Maximum fork height for the TRc is 519mm (Rockshox Revelation 140). Anything taller than this will void the warranty".

It doesn't say this anymore! I guess you could assume that they have removed that restriction and 150mm would be worth a go, if you're preapred to compromise on handling qualities? Anyone else running 150mm?

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/blurtr_carbon/faq.php

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Haven't checked recently, thanks for the info. Back though this thread, I remember someone was using 150mm.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just got my trc few hours ago,transfer all parts from my blt2 aluminium. But need to change the handlebar to easton haven carbon,existing is ritchey superlogic super low rise.
    Weight at 10.7kg small frame.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-uploadfromtaptalk1356362806930.jpg  

Last edited by sorlo101; 12-26-2012 at 04:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-day View Post
    Nice setup , be interested to know how the shock performs against the standard kashima Fox
    We've been getting a fair amount of rain lately, so I have only been able to take the bike out twice with the DBA and I am still adjusting it. Here are my thoughts at this point: I would say the DBA is more supple over small stuff and square edge hits. While the RP23 is definitely a good shock on the TRc I would say there was still a slight harshness on fast blunt hits while the DBA seems pretty smooth. With the RP23 I always seemed to use 80-90% of the travel no matter the trail while the DBA travel use seems to vary per trail. I don't know if that's really an issue as long as the suspension feels good. That being said I have to say the DBA almost feels bottomless. I hope that helps. As I get more time on it I'll keep you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by miles e View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Alternatively, can you mount the shock the other way to give more clearance for a bottle?

I'm looking to ditch my camelbak . . . BLT2 doesn't have bottle mounts
    I have a side entrance cage and use/d a 20oz. Polar bottle, but with the DBA there is no way it's going to fit. (I'm guessing the Polar's are about the same size/shape as a standard bottle?) If I can find a bottle about the same length as the cage than I think it will fit. I'm currently looking at the child size bottles. I ditched my backpack for shorter rides and I have been loving the feeling of riding without one so I would hate to go back. Mounting the shock the other ways won't work because the extra chamber would significantly press into the water bottle upon suspension compression or would hit the frame if it were moved so it sat above the shock.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Kdiff - great feedback on the dba, thx, keep it coming. Same probs with rain in uk as well. You've now got me thinking about ditching backpack as well !

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast