Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotth72 View Post
    You can't knock off the o ring on a trc's shock. There is 1/4" of shock body remaining during bottom out. Measure the shock body. It's 2.25 long, but the shocks travel is only 2". The o ring might be jarred loose because its fatigued, but it's not being pushed off due to bottoming.
    yeah, once I started thinking about it I figured I must've knocked it off with my hand while grabbing my water bottle.

This would be bottomed out though, correct?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    yeah, once I started thinking about it I figured I must've knocked it off with my hand while grabbing my water bottle.

You can't knock off the o ring on a trc's shock. There is 1/4" of shock body remaining during bottom out. Measure the shock body. It's 2.25 long, but the shocks travel is only 2". The o ring might be jarred loose because its fatigued, but it's not being pushed off due to bottoming.
    I figured that something might be astray...

By my calcs the numbers for actual travel on the TRc after shimming the shock (1.5mm shims) for 650b/27.5" wheels is as follows.

* 1x 1.5mm shim 117mm of travel
    * 2x 1.5mm shims 110mm of travel

Again, shimming doesn't change the feel of the travel and like the stock 125mm of travel, feels like a lot more.
    Last edited by Gripo; 08-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    I did about a 15 mile ride in the mountains today and I absolutely love this bike!!! I'm coming off a 2011 Giant Trance advanced and I'm happy to say this TRC was an upgrade. Not a huge one, but I can tell the difference for sure, especially on the down hill. The stability is phenomenal and it corners so freaking good! I kept flying into corners faster and faster each time. I got pretty ballsy a few times, and flew into some corners faster than I ever have before and I thought for sure I was going to bite it, but the bike railed through each one with ease. Throw your weight forward on this bike and you will be mastering cornering on this thing in no time.. I also highly recommend the WTB Exiwolfs 2.1, great fast rolling tire that feels wider and more stable than my old Nevagal 2.1. It also grips extremely well on Utah loose terrain.

My only issue I had was with the lower linkage. It squeaks on long climbs. Has any one else had this issue? If so, are there any recommendations on how to eliminate it? Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utley06 View Post
    I did about a 15 mile ride in the mountains today and I absolutely love this bike!!! I'm coming off a 2011 Giant Trance advanced and I'm happy to say this TRC was an upgrade. Not a huge one, but I can tell the difference for sure, especially on the down hill. The stability is phenomenal and it corners so freaking good! I kept flying into corners faster and faster each time. I got pretty ballsy a few times, and flew into some corners faster than I ever have before and I thought for sure I was going to bite it, but the bike railed through each one with ease. Throw your weight forward on this bike and you will be mastering cornering on this thing in no time.. I also highly recommend the WTB Exiwolfs 2.1, great fast rolling tire that feels wider and more stable than my old Nevagal 2.1. It also grips extremely well on Utah loose terrain.

My only issue I had was with the lower linkage. It squeaks on long climbs. Has any one else had this issue? If so, are there any recommendations on how to eliminate it? Thanks!!
    If you use a grease gun on the grease nipples it should push any dirt out and obviously lube the bearings.... you have probably already tried that though. Next option, open them up and take a peak? might need new bearings but I would doubt that!

The squeak could be coming from something else even?
    Pivot mach 6!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by utley06 View Post

I have a BLTc, and its gotten a little squeaky a couple times. i ALWAYS think its the linkage, and it is always something other than the linkage. its usually either my pedals, my seat-rails, or my seatpost. clean/grease all those areas and see if it is still squeaking. also, shoot some grease into the lower link with the grease gun.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

That looks like the end of the stroke. I get my shock there on almost every ride, but never hit a harsh bottom, so I don't worry about it.

mtbr member
    That looks like the end of the stroke. I get my shock there on almost every ride, but never hit a harsh bottom, so I don't worry about it.
    Well, I was able to get that with the shock shimmed running 650b's and had not contact with the tire. Good to know.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    I have a BLTc, and its gotten a little squeaky a couple times. i ALWAYS think its the linkage, and it is always something other than the linkage. its usually either my pedals, my seat-rails, or my seatpost. clean/grease all those areas and see if it is still squeaking. also, shoot some grease into the lower link with the grease gun.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My Tallboy started squeaking and it turned out to be the rear shock DU bushings. I replaced them with the new style Fox mounting hardware.

locked - time out
    Mar 2012

Squeaking gone

Went out for a ride today and the Squeaking is gone!!

Man I love this bike!!! each ride gets better and better!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur TRc pictures-trc4.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I got a frame from the SC sale. How does the Chris King green go with the green logos on the black/green frame? Does it match or are the CK parts too dark?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi1976 View Post
    I got a frame from the SC sale. How does the Chris King green go with the green logos on the black/green frame? Does it match or are the CK parts too dark?
    Yes CK is too dark....also the Salsa seat post QR is green-black irl.....

Ano green is the hardest I've ever had to match!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    Yes CK is too dark....also the Salsa seat post QR is green-black irl.....

Ano green is the hardest I've ever had to match!
    Thanks. Superstar Components has a "techno lime green" ano that looks pretty close. I'll order headset spacers to see if the colors match. If no, no a lot of money lost.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi1976 View Post
    Thanks. Superstar Components has a "techno lime green" ano that looks pretty close. I'll order headset spacers to see if the colors match. If no, no a lot of money lost.
    SS is what I've used, best colour match.

Check eBay for green ano stuff from brands such as KCNC/Mowa/Token.....still, shades can be a bit of hit & miss.

mtbr member
    I have green CK hubs and they are darker than the TR green, but far enough away that it doesn't really matter. I also have the Salsa lip lock collar and it is darker but a different shade than the hubs.
    The green Bionicon C.guide matches pretty closely to the hubs.
    Odi lime green grips match nicely with the TR green.

mtbr member
    Got my first ride in yesterday with the new Fox shock mounting hardware.
    I was very surprised at how much difference I could feel in the suspension.
    More plush and active over the little stuff.
    I actually had to add 10 psi to the shock to get the sag feeling right.

mtbr member
    Got my first ride in yesterday with the new Fox shock mounting hardware.
    What's the new mounting hardware?

mtbr member
    No more DU bushing.

Nylon inserts with Nylon spacers.

HERE

I ordered directly from Fox.

got two sets for under $20.

Could've been that big of a difference because the old hardware had over 1000 miles on them.

mtbr member
    Cool! Thank you mestapho! I didn't know those were available.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've been wanting a TRc for about a year after demo'ing one a while back. I picked up an XL frame at my LBS last week for less than the SC sale! I moved all the parts off my Intense Tracer VP, it weighs a hefty 29lbs right now with all AM parts.

-Fox 36 Float dropped to 130mm
    -CB Iodines with a 2.4 Minion up front & a 2.35 High Roller out back
    -SLX cranks & SRAM 2x9 drivetrain
    -Point1 50mm stem & Easton Havoc DH carbon bar
    -Formula The One brakes
    -CB Mallets & a Kronolog post, switching the saddle to a Fizik Tundra 2

Blur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346719920.119932.jpg

I've only had 1 ride on it and it felt great. Very fun bike! I'd like to change to a SRAM XX1 drivetrain and maybe a RS Revelation WC. I weigh about 225, so I'm not sure I want a smaller fork than the 36...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    man all your bikes look great, i'm considering buying the blur trc and have a few questions,
    i am 5'4" and test rode a small but the santa cruz reps said they are smaller sizing than most average bikes,
    i was wondering what your guys heights are for the fellas riding the small and the medium bikes please ?
    and what you think in regards to the sizing of these bikes ?
    the rep did say she rides a medium for the longer wheel base and she was my height.
    the small felt fine when i rode it but i'm curious as maybe the medium would be better and more stable

ok thx for your imput and help

andy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdMoore View Post
    man all your bikes look great, i'm considering buying the blur trc and have a few questions,
    i am 5'4" and test rode a small but the santa cruz reps said they are smaller sizing than most average bikes,
    i was wondering what your guys heights are for the fellas riding the small and the medium bikes please ?
    the rep did say she rides a medium for the longer wheel base and she was my height.
    the small felt fine when i rode it but i'm curious as maybe the medium would be better and more stable

andy
    5' 5" and got a small. It matched my small RFX's top tube length which fits me really well so I got a small instead of a medium The bonus is more exposed seatpost for a dropper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AdMoore View Post

andy
    I am 5' 6", and of a stocky build, the medium just felt to long in the top tube for me. Got a small, started with 175mm cranks and an 80mm stem, now running 170mm cranks and a 60mm stem, fits me beautifully and rides awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm 5'7" with long arms and legs and a short torso. A 23" top tube has always worked for me, so I got the medium TRc. I do use a slightly shorter stem on it than I usually do, though -- 80mm on the TRc, 90-100mm on my other bikes.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I've already installed the MRP XCG and so far so good. Installation was easy and the only thing I didn't like about it is the stock bolts that hold the bb adaptor were too long do they hit the frame but replaced them with shorter ones and problem solved. I had to adjust the FD a little but I got no chain rub and it seems cleaner in the frame...Blur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346766252.428324.jpgBlur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346766276.649460.jpgBlur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346766298.361822.jpgBlur TRc pictures-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346766326.615719.jpg

Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast