mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Blur TR - where's the love?

Trying to do some research on the Blur TR, particularly the alloy version, which really interests me as my next bike. But there are nearly no reviews on it out there, and very few posts on it here. Seems like folks are either going Tallboy or Blur LT most of the time, and the Solo and Bronson are getting a lot of pub now too - why no love for the Blur TR?

mtbr member

for my part there is a tremendous love for the Blur TRc and I guess I'm not the only one

Blur TRc pictures

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I've been wondering if the al has more room for 650b. my tbal is more round. Where as my trc is straight in front of thé tire

mtbr member
    Plenty of love here too. Carbon, but same geo. Just bumped to a Monarch Plus, have been happily trying to make it do everything the Nomad does. Not as plush, but on timed runs, almost always faster, regardless of trail. (I mean down Galbraith type trail, btw)

Killer and quick. 40 plus Masters in the Enduro gonna hate me

If you buy into the 650b, then buy one. Not this bike. It is a 26.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Plus 1. My Trc rules, so much corner speed. A little ot, what tune did you get on the Monarch Plus and was it worth it?

mtbr member
    The Blur TR looks awesome, but for most of my riding the travel just isn't enough for the rough downhills. It would be a great bike for the climbs, but the low bottom bracket and shorter travel seem like it would be tough to maneuver in tight rocky technical sections. For me the Blur LTc is the correct tool.

But I'd REALLY like to demo a TRc on my local trails to confirm my suspicions. I have an LBS here that ordered my Blur for me, but they only have 3-4 Santa Cruz bikes in stock as they're mostly a Trek shop.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    The Blur TR looks awesome, but for most of my riding the travel just isn't enough for the rough downhills. It would be a great bike for the climbs, but the low bottom bracket and shorter travel seem like it would be tough to maneuver in tight rocky technical sections. For me the Blur LTc is the correct tool.

But I'd REALLY like to demo a TRc on my local trails to confirm my suspicions. I have an LBS here that ordered my Blur for me, but they only have 3-4 Santa Cruz bikes in stock as they're mostly a Trek shop.
    Sounds like the Bronson would be ideal for you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mestapho View Post
    Sounds like the Bronson would be ideal for you.
    TOTALLY! Unfortunately I just got a warranty replacement for my Blur LT aluminum and chose to upgrade to the LTc frame for some $$$. I think I'm set on the big MTB purchases for now. But I'm keeping my eye on the Bronson and 650b bikes in general for next year. Hopefully by that point there will be more wheelset and fork options so I can build something up that won't cost me $6k.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickzveg View Post
    Plus 1. My Trc rules, so much corner speed. A little ot, what tune did you get on the Monarch Plus and was it worth it?

There was almost no data out there on what to get for tune. So, I got MM tune and a High Volume can. I don't have any time on it yet, but I will report.

I am pretty bad at communicating suspension stuff, but what I want out of this shock is more big hit rebound. Other that that, I will try to say what is up with it.