mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Blur or Superlight - Size... 6'2" 34" inseam

Any 6'2" riders out there on a large frame?? Checking sizes on either a Blur or Superlight...Feeling that I might need to go for an XL, but would like some opinions from like sized riders (6'2", 34" inseam, 175lbs).

Thanks in advance...

Brian

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I waver between 175 and 182, and otherwise hit your size. I've always preferred a slightly smaller frame for XC, have a large blur, and I love it. Have not ridden an XL though...

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Im 6'0 and weigh about 215... (32" inseam i think) and I ride a L SL. LOVE IT...If you go with a large and feel a little cramped, u could always go with the Thomson set back seatpost and a long stem and I think youd be fine. Deciding between a Blur and SL may be the hard part...what made me do the SL is the fact that it needs very little maintenance, where Ive heard Blurs need the bushings all replaced at least every year...and depending on which model Blur...some dont pedal as well as the SL (Id guess the new Blur XC should do fine, but the old Blur, 4x, or LT Ive heard ride like a couch....) Hope that helps, Id say go with a Large SL and never look back!! Cant really make a bad choice out of the two though...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am 6'4 with a 34 inch inseam and the L Blur XC was way to small for me (mainly from a seat tube perspective as I really need the 20.5 inch seat tube - in fact a 21 inch seat tube would be best) so I went with a Blur LT in the XL frame size and built it light for XC use and I absolutely love the bike.

I tried the superlight and found the pedal efficiency to be poor, I could not get it dialed in properly so that I did not have pedal bob.

The best bike for me would have been a Blur XC in XL if they made one, however, since they don't the Blur LT was the right choice for me. (and I absolutely love the bike and the extra travel now that my riding has progressed). Overall the best thing to do is to ride all three and get a feel as to which one fits best. Keep in mind the Blur LT can be built light with the SPX XC kit and the F120RLC front fork.

Natural body armor
    6'1" - 34 inseam here on a large Blur XC, regular Thomson seatpost (no setback) and 70mm stem + 1" riser bar. Very happy

ZT
    "There is no A-line"
    Quadzilla - On-One USA

mtbr member
    6'1, 34" inseem also, large blt, 105mm stem, setback post, riser bar, feels good. as you can tell, myself and ZT are similar in size, but prefer totally different angles. You would think that the blt owner would want a shorter cockpit and the bxc would want longer, but it's all personal pref. good luck with your search. the xl blt didnt give me any crotch clearence, and i prefered the shorter, more agg. feel of the large.

Bring on the Funk!
    Mar 2007
    6'3" on a large Blur LT2 and an XL Superlight. Each size works better for my purposes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Thanks

Thanks all for your input. Picked up my size L Blur last night (Craigslist). Can't wait to hit the trails.

Brian