mtbr member

Blur LTc vs LTa. Geometry different.

I was looking into the Blur LT as my next bike and so was looking at the SC website and found that there is a difference in geometry between the carbon and alu. The most important(to me anyways) is the head angle followed by wheelbase.

LTc-68.1deg/42.8"
    LTa-67.6deg/43.2"
    Both are measured with a A-C of 529mm.

If the website is correct, why did SC go this route to have different geo for basically the same bike?
    To those how had tried it with the new 67.6 head angle, I would appreciate some feedback?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    the rear shock travel is shorter and low bb, i own blt alum bfore and now blur trc, trc climb much,corner more stble and is a very fun bike its make you always want to ride and jump

mtbr member
    It is infinitely easier to make a running change to a welded metal frame than a molded carbon frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sorlo101 View Post
    the rear shock travel is shorter and low bb, i own blt alum bfore and now blur trc, trc climb much,corner more stble and is a very fun bike its make you always want to ride and jump
    I think you might have read it wrong.
    I'm not asking for a comparison of the LT vs TR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    It is infinitely easier to make a running change to a welded metal frame than a molded carbon frame.
    Makes sense. And so it seems that SC went with the change on the BLTa first and possibly the LTc would get a revamp on geo later?

I was on the BLTa a couple of years back and it was a killer trail bike. It was fast up and it was fast down. I moved on to a Nomad and now itching for the Blur LT again as the Nomad is too much bike for what I do now. Generally trail riding with many climbs and short bursts of gravity riding. I can't say that the Nomad is a much faster machine going down but I can feel the weight/travel on the ups.
    And so my idea was to go with the BLT carbon what with all the positive comments I've read here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box View Post
    Makes sense. And so it seems that SC went with the change on the BLTa first and possibly the LTc would get a revamp on geo later?

I was on the BLTa a couple of years back and it was a killer trail bike. It was fast up and it was fast down. I moved on to a Nomad and now itching for the Blur LT again as the Nomad is too much bike for what I do now. Generally trail riding with many climbs and short bursts of gravity riding. I can't say that the Nomad is a much faster machine going down but I can feel the weight/travel on the ups.
    And so my idea was to go with the BLT carbon what with all the positive comments I've read here.
    Interesting. I always thought both the BLTc and BLTa had the same geometry.

BTW which Nomad do you have, alu or carbon?
    An where are you located? I have a BLTc frame that i might consider swapping with a NomadC one, if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BTTR View Post
    Interesting. I always thought both the BLTc and BLTa had the same geometry.

BTW which Nomad do you have, alu or carbon?
    An where are you located? I have a BLTc frame that i might consider swapping with a NomadC one, if you're interested.
    Hi BTTR,
    I too would always think the same geo applies to both type.
    I have the Nomad MK2-Alu with a DHX5 coil. It's going to be hard to make a deal as I live half way around the globe in Malaysia. Thanks for the offer though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora's Box View Post
    Hi BTTR,
    I too would always think the same geo applies to both type.
    I have the Nomad MK2-Alu with a DHX5 coil. It's going to be hard to make a deal as I live half way around the globe in Malaysia. Thanks for the offer though.
    Yes, the distance and duty taxes (and the fact that your's an alu) makes it impossible.
    Good luck for your BLTc project!

BTW maybe if you put an air shock on your Nomad and lighten it up a bit, you'll find it fits your riding better.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I havenīt ridden a TRc or a TRa but I own a Nickel, which is geometrie wise very close to both bikes. The standard HA was 68 degree which was not steep enough for my agressive riding stile so I slackened it to ~ 66,5 degree. Thatīs now perfect and it is a trail rocket.
    So the slacked geometrie of the Blur TRa might be just a step in the right direction.
    BTW: The longer Wheelbase results of the slacker HA

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    They slackened the headangle .5*, changed the top tube, and added ISCG-05 (and offset the linkage) at the same time I believe. Running change mid-2011.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM