mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Blur LTC Reverb cable routing

I was kind of surprised to see the dropper post cable routing on my new 2012 Blur LTC uses cable stops instead of housing guides. Any good solutions for Reverb hydro cable routing? I tried Shimano cable stop to cable guide adapters (Universal Cycles -- Shimano Hydraulic Line Guides) but they wouldn't stay put. Problem Solvers makes a more secure version but it doesn't look like it will work well with the beveled exit of the cable stop. Are stick on cable guides worth trying? Or route it down with the rear brake cable?

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    The best way is zip ties to the other cables. That's what I did on my TBc and my TBLTc.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Do you mean you don't want to use zip ties?
    "Got everything you need?"

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    I feel your pain. Always thought those cable stops were a bit of a head-scratcher. Its such a shame to have to zip tie the cable to the frame or patch together a routing solution on that masterpiece of a frame. could have been so neat and clean if they were cable guides. I know its not worth getting worked up over but just would have been nice.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yeah, obviously zip ties are the way to go but I thought I was getting a frame with dedicated dropper cable routing so it could have been cleaner.... It's still an amazing frame I got at a great price so I'm stoked overall.

mtbr member
    Ah, I think I understand. Could you possibly drill out the cable stops and use hose/cable ferrules? I did this on my old Cannondale frame so I could make an uninterrupted cable run for the rear derailleur.
    "Got everything you need?"

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Blur LTC Reverb cable routing

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
    Ah, I think I understand. Could you possibly drill out the cable stops and use hose/cable ferrules? I did this on my old Cannondale frame so I could make an uninterrupted cable run for the rear derailleur.
    I bet that could work. I have an extensive tool set and am very comfortable with power tools. But man, i don't think I could take a drill to that frame!
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

May contain nuts
    Drill it. Early TBc frames were the same - takes a steady hand, some good cutting bits & a flexible hand-piece and then some filing to finish. The stops are aluminium and you need to take care not to overheat the epoxy.

mtbr member
    If you don't want to drill.. these could work --> RockShox Reverb Hydraulic Tubing Frame Guide | RockShox | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

Rock Shox Reverb dropper post frame guides