mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Blur LT racing setup

Does anyone have some recommendations/ideas to setup the Blur LT for xc racing?

What would the feel be if I got rid of some of the spacers below the stem?

Other ideas?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Well, I have one and I'm not sure it's really an XC race rig by breeding. That being said, I would suggest you find a setup that you feel comfortable, yet not overly heavy. Go with a 4" air fork and XC wheels and tires to save weight. I have King hubs on Mavic 717's and run lighter tires when planning on chasing others. Other than that, you can spend tons on weight savings but I am not quite sure you'll ever get it down to true XC race level weight and setup. If you're just looking for something to play on in the beginner or sport categories, set it up comfy as mentioned and train to ride fast. If you really get into XC racing, I would suggest a little different rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

East Coast !!

I'm a Clyde. I have a frame on order. I will go Sram XO , Race Face Atlas cranks and a CK wheelset. Fox Talas 130 XTT . I figure it will be around 28-29# . Good weight for someone 225# on east coast terrrain.

mtbr member
    What size? By the time you get pedals and such, 28 may be light for your setup, but I'll be anxious to see. Enjoy - it is a sweet rig!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

blur LT weight...

I just built up a medium LT came in at 28.9 lbs with my old heavy wheels (XT/Rhyno lites). I haven't weighed it since switching wheels. I suspect I lost .75 - 1 lb. Here's the build up.

Med Black ANO Blur LT
    Swinger 3way shock
    Minute 3.00 130mm fork
    CK Headset
    Easton EA50 - 100mm stem
    Easton Monkeylite Bars
    ODI Lock on's
    Hayes hydros
    Thompson elite seatpost
    WTB Race V (??) saddle
    CK ISO Hubs
    DT 4.1d rims
    DT Double Butted spokes
    2.35 Kenda Blue Groove - front
    2.35 Kenda Nevegal - rear
    Next LP cranks 22/32 w/ bash ring
    old xt taper bottom bracket (probably heavy)

I think thats about everything.

Matt

mtbr member

BLT race bike

The BLT is not a pure XC race bike, but you can adapt it if you are more of a social racer.

I have a 29lb BLT with Pikes and 2.25 tyres, if I was going to race it I would simply change the tyres to 1.9 or 2.00 and wind the Pikes down to 110mm. It would probably go allright.

I have a Supalite race bike which I may now sell even though its a beautiful bike and 2 lbs lighter again. I'm doing less and less racing, so there is a reason.

The Supalite and BLT are definitaley 2 different bikes to ride though.

BLT
    Pikes 454 Air U Turn
    CK Hubs / Headset
    DT 4.1 Rims
    Easton Bar / Stem / Seatpost
    El Camino Brakes / Braided lines
    Race Face Atlas Cranks 36/24 plus Bash
    Intense 2.25 Tyres.

bunjinjohn
    Dec 2004

25.5lb BLT

Our LBS just built up a medium ano BLT for my wife to replace her Blur Classic that was stolen out of the shop! On the bright side, they felt really bad about it and spared no expense. It should lose a little more when we switch to Stan's.

Maverick SC32 fork and front hub
    Fox RP3 rear shock
    CK front hub and headset
    Stan's ZTR 355 rims
    Raceface X-Type cranks
    Avid Juicy 7 Carbon brakes
    Thomson stem and seatpost
    Terry Damselfly saddle
    SRAM X.0 rear derailleur, 990 casette, hollow pin chain
    XT front derailleur
    Easton Monkeylite Nano Carbon bar
    WTB Mutanoraptor 2.4 tires

She rode it with her she-wolf friends for the first time today and smoked them! She says the fork really suits the bike and allowed her to blow through the loose stuff that used to scare her, as well as climbs great. Time to race...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

pic

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTime
    I'm a Clyde. I have a frame on order. I will go Sram XO , Race Face Atlas cranks and a CK wheelset. Fox Talas 130 XTT . I figure it will be around 28-29# . Good weight for someone 225# on east coast terrrain.
    Spring set up. I'm goin to change fork to xtt and lighter wheelset nevegal 2.1. I'll save 200 gr. tires , save 400 gr wheelset pick up 1/4 on fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hmmm, that BLT looks familiar. It wasn't posted on the Speedgoat site earlier today was it? I was just on there looking for a picture of mine, which shipped yesterday, and saw that pic.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Man
    Hmmm, that BLT looks familiar. It wasn't posted on the Speedgoat site earlier today was it? I was just on there looking for a picture of mine, which shipped yesterday, and saw that pic.
    I sent the pic today. i got my frame last week.