Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Blur LT frame size

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  TheMachinist 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Blur LT and it looks like I'm between a medium and a large frame. I'm 5'10" and 175 lbs. Can someone with a similar height chime in and let me know what size frame your riding...

I was thinking of the medium as it will be a little bit lighter, but don't want a frame that is on the small size...

Thanks!

#5 ·
Ideally, you should demo ride each size. I suspect the large will feel closer to what you think you want since the LT's have a tight cockpit. Look at the initial posts on the LT2 where people thought the top tube length needed lengthened. By now, most of us have realized the benefits of this design.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info guys... I really need to demo them both as suggested. Need to find a store that carries them now......

My inseam is also around 30" and I ride mostly XC trails w/some occasional Norcal gnar...

#8 ·
I'm 6'1 tall I have a BLUR LTC Large ,in the first rides it was looking like a too small to me,I change stem fro, 70mm to 90 then turns to foward position to face steep descend tracks I just got the fine position when I have put some spacer(20 mm) and up lift the handlebar i returned to 70 mm it is now pretty good:thumbsup:

#10 ·
I'm 5'10 ~170 fully geared up. I rode both a medium and large Blur and in the end the medium was a far superior fit and I am extremely happy with my decision. The large felt very unwieldy . . .

P.S. I ride with a 70mm stem and the balance is perfect (for me anyway). Excellent, precise steering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.