Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1065
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    What are you guys doing to protect the low hanging pivot? Mine took a direct hit on Saturday
    Also thinking of throwing some innertube on the link area behind the bb to cut down on mud buildup in there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic reducer View Post
    What are you guys doing to protect the low hanging pivot? Mine took a direct hit on Saturday
    Also thinking of throwing some innertube on the link area behind the bb to cut down on mud buildup in there.
    Cytoe plate.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic reducer View Post
    I have a kit from Amygos AMYGOS - Blur LT carbone
    If you just want to protect the VPP then you just need this AMYGOS - Protection biellette pour Santa Cruz Blur LT (not sure if the carbon version is any different)

mtbr member
    Got the new Pike today. Install was a breeze. Took it for a quick ride. Sooooo plush. Love it.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Re: Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Cytoe plate.
    Does he make plates for the BLTc? They all seem to be mounted using water bottle mounts on the down tube, which my BLTc doesn't have.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by thepotatokid View Post
    Does he make plates for the BLTc? They all seem to be mounted using water bottle mounts on the down tube, which my BLTc doesn't have.
    I used dual lock, a 3M product, and backed it up w/Velcro straps.
    Did you click on that link I posted earlier? You can see how I looks on the BLTc.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2007

I used dual lock, a 3M product, and backed it up w/Velcro straps.
    Did you click on that link I posted earlier? You can see how I looks on the BLTc.
    Ah, right - had a look. Looks like a good solution.

mtbr member
    Ah, right - had a look. Looks like a good solution.
    BTW, that dual lock stuff doesn't really need the two velcro straps...it's some stouty stuff! I use it alone on my Jedi to hold the Jedi's Cytoe plate on...

2014-Canfield-Jedi Photo Album - Pinkbike

Just get the surface warm, stick it on, roll out the air bubbles, and done.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2007

BTW, that dual lock stuff doesn't really need the two velcro straps...it's some stouty stuff! I use it alone on my Jedi to hold the Jedi's Cytoe plate on...

2014-Canfield-Jedi Photo Album - Pinkbike

Just get the surface warm, stick it on, roll out the air bubbles, and done.
    In terms of aesthetics, I think the dual lock without velcro straps would work better. That's great advice - thanks for that.

Does the plate act as a mudguard for the bottom part of the linkage? Seems to be a bit of a mud magnet down there...

mtbr member

In terms of aesthetics, I think the dual lock without velcro straps would work better. That's great advice - thanks for that.

Does the plate act as a mudguard for the bottom part of the linkage? Seems to be a bit of a mud magnet down there...
    Mud, rocks, all except light dust.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2007

Here's mine - running XT drivetrain, RS pikes, reverb post and Stans Flows on American Classic hubs.

Got 60mm stem on there at the moment - think that's the right length.

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1407664539378.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hi everyone - so I have a stupid question that I absolutely cannot locate the answer to. SC's site no longer has any info about the LTc, and I'm getting different answers from both the bike seller and Joe at SC Tech Dept.

I'm currently shopping a 2013 SC BLTc, and can't figure out the rear axle setup. Did the frames come with a 12x142? 12x135? 10x135? Also, for the rear....does SC use a thru-axle or thru-bolt?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    13' Should have the 12x142 dt swiss rws thru axle. If not actually a 13 then it will have a quick release 135.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    Hi everyone - so I have a stupid question that I absolutely cannot locate the answer to. SC's site no longer has any info about the LTc, and I'm getting different answers from both the bike seller and Joe at SC Tech Dept.

I'm currently shopping a 2013 SC BLTc, and can't figure out the rear axle setup. Did the frames come with a 12x142? 12x135? 10x135? Also, for the rear....does SC use a thru-axle or thru-bolt?

Thanks!

Ow!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post

Thanks!
    I bet it is a 12x142 since it is a 2013 (but do not hold me to that). I do not think they ever had a 12x135. Do you need to know before you buy? Even if you get one with a 10x135, you can always use a thru-bolt or bolt-on with the correct hub. That is what I do.

Oh, and the 12x142 comes with its own bolt (or should). The 10x135 will be whatever hub you have--QR, thru-bolt, bolt-on.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xhailofgunfirex View Post
    13' Should have the 12x142 dt swiss rws thru axle. If not actually a 13 then it will have a quick release 135.
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    I bet it is a 12x142 since it is a 2013 (but do not hold me to that). I do not think they ever had a 12x135. Do you need to know before you buy? Even if you get one with a 10x135, you can always use a thru-bolt or bolt-on with the correct hub. That is what I do.

Oh, and the 12x142 comes with its own bolt (or should). The 10x135 will be whatever hub you have--QR, thru-bolt, bolt-on.
    Thank god I spotted this in the ad pictures. He had the bike listed as a 2013 Blur LTc, but I asked for pics of the rear axle setup. Sure enough, the frame has standard dropouts and he was running one of those 5mm skewer QR's. Total fail.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I relied on your knowledge as the basis for challenging him. Hope someone else doesn't get ripped off for $3500 and then find that little surprise.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43