Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1065
    mtbr member

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread

This is overall setup (at the beginning) I'll try to get picture of current setup soon

[

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnie View Post
    The drive-trained setup I've chosen is SRAM XO

Very nice!
    What flats are those?

mtbr member

It's WellGo B181, it stick to the shoes very well, light weight and strong.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xhailofgunfirex View Post
    Replaced my old anodized 2011 Skidmark Blur LT with a carbon one, thanks SC sale!

Frame: 2013 Blur LTc Medium, Red
    Fork: Rockshox Revelation Dual Position World Cup
    Shock: Fox Float CTD Kashima
    Drive Train: Shimano SLX & XT, Race Face NW 30T
    Wheelset: WTB Frequency i23 with Hope Hubs
    Tires: Hans Dampf 2.35 f/r
    Brakes: Shimano XT
    Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb
    Saddle: WTB Silverado
    Stem: 60mm Race Face Turbine
    Bars: 720mm Answer Protaper AM Carbon
    Grips: ODI Troy Lee
    Pedals: Nashbar Verge

Attachment 839397Attachment 839398Attachment 839399Attachment 839400Attachment 839401Attachment 839402
    Great looking ride, how's the suspension action while pedaling on the 30t? Any changes you noticed?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Updates:

- 1x10 drivetrain: OneUp 42 tooth cog and Race Face 32 Narrow/Wide
    - Monarch Plus RC3

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-9pgp.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-l66c.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-zydb.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-fjec.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-6rx5.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I am working on a new build on a '13 BLTC and had a couple questions for the group.
    the frame in question is actually featured earlier in this thread.
    This frame has the ISCG tabs, are there any fitment issues with certain chainguides I should be aware of? Could have sworn that I read something about that. I'm considering pulling the LG1+ off my DH bike to try it out but I'd rather run one of the more XC oriented ones or possibly even go to one of the 22/32 front derailleur guides available.

Can anyone give advice on a short shock setup that works well? I do have a 7.875x2.25 on hand that I have mocked up but not ridden, it seemed to have too much travel. I'm thinking that internally limiting a 8.5x2.5 to something like 8.25x2.25 may be the best compromise? what about shock tune? this is uncharted territory for me. I am looking to get ahold of a 7.875x2.0 small can RP23 for dirt jumping that will be kept high pressure and have another shock for general trail purpose.

Pics to come, it's basically ready and I am stoked. The goal is a bike that could be pedaled on big XC rides or moto whipped on real dirt jumps with only slight parts tweaks. as much as I hate the term, a "quiver killer."

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Here she is in her latest form

mtbr member

After finished a good trail,

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic reducer View Post
    This frame has the ISCG tabs, are there any fitment issues with certain chainguides I should be aware of? Could have sworn that I read something about that. I'm considering pulling the LG1+ off my DH bike to try it out but I'd rather run one of the more XC oriented ones or possibly even go to one of the 22/32 front derailleur guides available.

Can anyone give advice on a short shock setup that works well? I do have a 7.875x2.25 on hand that I have mocked up but not ridden, it seemed to have too much travel. I'm thinking that internally limiting a 8.5x2.5 to something like 8.25x2.25 may be the best compromise? what about shock tune? this is uncharted territory for me. I am looking to get ahold of a 7.875x2.0 small can RP23 for dirt jumping that will be kept high pressure and have another shock for general trail purpose.
    Bueller?

Ow!
    Bueller?
    Cannot help you on the guide. I use a Bio C-Guide myself to help keep the chain and and reduce slap. Works well. I seem to remember in this thread discussions on guides, so, if you have not done so already, search this thread.

I am replying mostly because--Why to you want to short shock this frame? Seems you will be limiting yourself. Also, there are other less-travel frames that may work better? Just wondering.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by clydecrash View Post
    I am replying mostly because--Why to you want to short shock this frame? Seems you will be limiting yourself. Also, there are other less-travel frames that may work better? Just wondering.
    blur LTC: strong, pretty light, stiff, pedals well, fairly affordable, etc. I am fine with how it rides in stock, ie trail mode if a little steep/tall. but I specifically picked this frame amongst others because while it is a pretty decent XC bike it also can be short shocked into something more like a 4x/slope bike. and it is strong enough to be ridden as such unlike other frames in the same weight range. And then pull 2 bolts and its back to stock if you have 2 shocks. I'm making an attempt to have less bikes, IE one bike that can be made to do a variety of riding pretty well. instead of an AM bike, an XC bike and a DJ it's 1 bike. my fork is a 34 talas. I did PM some people who have posted about it in the past but they did not reply so I am posting in this thread. if nobody knows then I will probably just start playing around with some stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by schnell318 View Post
    Updates:

- 1x10 drivetrain: OneUp 42 tooth cog and Race Face 32 Narrow/Wide
    - Monarch Plus RC3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9pgp.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	889578

Name:	l66c.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	889580

Name:	zydb.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	889581

Name:	fjec.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	889582

Name:	6rx5.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	889583
    I ordered a RF 30t narrow/wide, xt chain and cassette and an OneUp 42t cog, how has performed your drivetrain? I have an xt derailleur...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rudaripu View Post
    I ordered a RF 30t narrow/wide, xt chain and cassette and an OneUp 42t cog, how has performed your drivetrain? I have an xt derailleur...
    I am currently running a wolf tooth 42 tooth with a wolf tooth 32t direct mount ring. I am also using a medium cage x9 clutched derailleur. The blur Ltc loves this drive train. The bike seems to climb and descend better. My only regrets are now I need to buy a 34 ring because legs are getting stronger. I have found no need to run a chain retention device.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rudaripu View Post
    Absolutely fine, the bike feels so much better plus it lost quite a bit of weight. Not one dropped chain so far and no drag. Very silent too. You only need to pay attention to your chain length when setting up the new drivetrain.

A 1x11 system surely is a better option, but for the price difference this is perfectly good.

mtbr member
    Anyone put a Pike on their LTc? The Revelation I have on there is having a tough time keeping up on some of the rougher trails I ride and I kind of impulse-bought a 160 Pike last night to put on mine.... Should get here next week. haha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Anyone put a Pike on their LTc? The Revelation I have on there is having a tough time keeping up on some of the rougher trails I ride and I kind of impulse-bought a 160 Pike last night to put on mine.... Should get here next week. haha
    That should be REALLY nice!

Maybe reset the travel down to 150, or 140 if you don't need the high speed stability...just to bring the BB height back down from orbit.

I stuck an older 36 on mine and shorted it down to 140, but also shorten the rear to 127mm. Got the BB down to ~13 1/4". If I get a set of 27.5 wheels on it, I think I'd have almost a 5010, but w/ a shorter top tube for the given size
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    That should be REALLY nice!

Maybe reset the travel down to 150, or 140 if you don't need the high speed stability...just to bring the BB height back down from orbit.

I stuck an older 36 on mine and shorted it down to 140, but also shorten the rear to 127mm. Got the BB down to ~13 1/4". If I get a set of 27.5 wheels on it, I think I'd have almost a 5010, but w/ a shorter top tube for the given size
    so, its the Dual position Pike, so i can lower it to 130 if need be. i dont know if you can internally modify the Dual position spring down to 150/120... ill give it a go at 160 and see how i like it. if need be, I can just drop it down to 130

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Anyone put a Pike on their LTc?
    Yes. I'm running it at 160 w/ 25-30% sag and it feels dialed! I bought the Pike slightly used locally (also an impulse buy), figuring I would get the 150 air shaft to install later, but it feels so good at 160 that I see no reason now to reduce the travel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Also, FWIW, I felt my BLTc with Pike was a sweeter ride than this Mach 6 I demoed. Probably an unfair fight since it had a Fox 34 Evolution on it, but still... the Pike is keeping the new bike demons away for now.

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-photo-5-.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchwagon View Post
    Yes. I'm running it at 160 w/ 25-30% sag and it feels dialed! I bought the Pike slightly used locally (also an impulse buy), figuring I would get the 150 air shaft to install later, but it feels so good at 160 that I see no reason now to reduce the travel.
    awesome. this makes me excited. also, you forget to add a photo of your BLTc + Pike!

had to buy new headset lower cup, 15mm axle and disc brake adapter to make this new fork work. better be worth it. haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Took this today for you sooner.

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-photo-6-.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2007

Re: Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread

I've been running the pike 160 dual position airs on my BLTc. Works really well, 130 setting is good for steep climbs, middle-ish setting fine for most trail riding, and I run it at 160 on steep/fast terrain. I reckon they're an excellent fork - stiff and never feel out of their depth on any terrain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchwagon View Post
    Took this today for you sooner.

Name:	photo (6).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	271.3 KB 
ID:	911403
    thanks! looks good. my Pike is "Out for Delivery" according to USPS so I will have pics of mine tonight once I install it. Hoping for a quick and trouble free install.

mtbr member
    blur LTC: strong, pretty light, stiff, pedals well, fairly affordable, etc. I am fine with how it rides in stock, ie trail mode if a little steep/tall. but I specifically picked this frame amongst others because while it is a pretty decent XC bike it also can be short shocked into something more like a 4x/slope bike. and it is strong enough to be ridden as such unlike other frames in the same weight range. And then pull 2 bolts and its back to stock if you have 2 shocks. I'm making an attempt to have less bikes, IE one bike that can be made to do a variety of riding pretty well. instead of an AM bike, an XC bike and a DJ it's 1 bike. my fork is a 34 talas. I did PM some people who have posted about it in the past but they did not reply so I am posting in this thread. if nobody knows then I will probably just start playing around with some stuff.
    Wrote the whole thing up...
    Blur-LTc-Short-shockd Photo Album - Pinkbike

BTW, made some recent changes...went to a 1x10
    - RF NW 30T
    - OneUp RAD cage
    - Hope 40T cog
    - XT 16T replacement cog for the 15 and 17T cogs.

Took her out to Trestle yesterday and was highspeeding the green and blue runs w/ it. SO fun! Oh, and the whole time, no dropped chain...this included some baby jumping...nothing bigger than 15 ft long, 3 ft up.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Also got a Pike for my BLTc
    Got the RC version, as i don't think i would use the RCT3 feature
    I'm coming from a 160mm Float 34 and expect the Blur to come even more alive with a 150mm fork.

Unfortunately i still haven't had the chance to go for a ride after the Pike was installed, but the fork works amazing in the "parking lot" test.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast