Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    Was never a fan of green frames but Santa Cruz really did a good job on this one. Looks good.

I suggest you trim the steerer tube down though
    I will definately trim the steerer tube. Still playing around with setup though.
    CRY BABIES SHOULD STAY AT HOME AND DRESS WARM ...... !!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    what is VPLS?

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    what is VPLS?
    SC's new suspension design. Virtually Pivot-Less Suspension to compete with Ibis' Ripley.

(Virtual Parking Lot Sale )
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    I made my own thread but I guess this is where this really belongs.

The build w/a little commentary:
    Frame: Santa Cruz Blur LTc - Large
    Fork: Fox Float 36 160mm
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Drivetrain: 1x9. I'll go 1x10 eventually, but I already had the cassette & rear derailleur. when they wear out I'll switch.
    Cranks: Truvativ AKA. I wanted the blingy X0 w/a 32t MRP bling ring...then I learned the X9, X7 & AKA cranks have the same spiderless design...and THEN I found the last set of AKAs at Jenson for $99...and it came with a single, 32t ring which is exactly what i wanted.
    Pedals: Shimano XTR trail
    Chain: SRAM (not sure of the type, I had it in my shop)
    Chain guide: MRP lopes
    Cassette: SRAM PG990
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM X9 Short Cage
    Rear Shifter: SRAM X9 trigger shifter
    Stem: Thomson X4
    Bar: RaceFace Turbine (not a fan of the rise & sweep, this will be swapped out soon)
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V
    Seatpost: Thomson Elite 340mm
    Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail
    Rotors: Shimano XT icetech
    Rims: Light Bicycle carbon
    Hubs: Hope Pro 2 EVO
    Tires: Maxxis Minion DHF single ply super tacky up front and High Roller 60a in back set up tubeless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-blurltc.jpg  

Last edited by RTM; 04-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

I'm living the dream!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    what is VPLS?
    What 007 said... the "Virtual Parking Lot Sale" part.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by los5 View Post
    Did you do the build yet? I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my size large butcher. Thinking about getting an XL BLTC though. Did all the parts swap?

Yep, its built up. Just been riding alot lately and havent put the pics up... ill try and see if i can get some loaded on here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-resizedimage_1367358061052.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-resizedimage_1367358060330.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-resizedimage_1367358061551.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-resizedimage_1367358061964.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]795095

There it is. I ended using some parts off the butcher on this, and then used the rest of the parts off of it to build up my new chameleon. I had originally built it with the fox 36 160mm fork but after a week of riding with it i decided i felt it was over kill for me and ended up buying a fox float rlc Fit 150. the build is as follows. its 27.5 lbs now, i have the new x fusion hilo SL post waiting on me to install it which should shed a few more ounces off the bike. but going from a 32.8 lb butcher to a 27.5 lb blur made a world of diffrence. or atleast in my own mind it did haha.

Frame:2012 Blur LTC (large)
    Fork: 2012 Fox Float RLC FIT 150
    Wheels: Stans ZTR flow laced to Chris king hubs
    Bars: Answer AM carbon bars
    Stem: 45mm FUNN funduro
    Seat: SDG FLY TI
    Seat Post: X fusion HILO
    Tires: Continental Mountain King Protection 2.2 rear/2.4 front
    Drivetrain: Shimano XT shadow plus deraileur, XT 175mm crank
    , XT 11-36 cassette, Raceface 34t single ring up front
    Brakes: Avid Elixir 7 w/ carbon lever 180/160
    MRP direct mount chain guide

The bike is a blast, thats all i know. Climbs great, jumps great, corners great. I havent found a bad thing about it, I was hesitant to switch to the 32mm forks from my 36 thinking i would notice a lot of flex and the steeper head angle would affect me but it hasnt. Its a great all around bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-resizedimage_1367358062534.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    some upgrade marzocchi 44 micro switch ta and offset bushings -1
    12.6 kg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-sam_3739.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-sam_3737.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-sam_3736.jpg  

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread

Just finished my second ride. After the moment of truth, (aka clicking submit) then agonizing over every part choice, taking months to gather parts and assemble the bike, then a few tweaks after ride 1, I have to say the Blur LTc is incredible. And (for me) the 160mm fox float 36 combined with the CTD rear shock is just perfection. My local loop didn't know what hit it. I actually caught myself laughing out load at one point.

I know I'm preaching to the converted but I just had to share.

- Rob
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-santa_cruz_blur_ltc_kz.jpg

My built - bought the frame at the VPL sale, transferred most of the components from the old bike (SLX drivetrain - seen no reason to replace it as it wasn't worn - going 2x10 next season though).
    Brakes are Hayes Stroker, 60 mm Race Face stem. Putting the bike together built my first wheel ever (front - DT 350 hub, Sapim spokes and Mavic EN521 rim) using mainly MTBR resources - turned out really well, holding up so far.
    Fork is 2011 Revelation RLT bought for less than $400 from Jenson. Really really happy with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Santa Cruz Blur Lt carbon size:L

mavic slr wheelset
    sram xx1 gearbox
    rockshox revalation WC
    canecreek db air
    10.8kg

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-464924_10201157849618871_384411076_o.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-b4.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-b1.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-b2.jpg

with fox talas 150 ctd & float ctd shock
    10.3kg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-901043_10201194822503170_1712189412_o.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-b1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-b3.jpg  

Last edited by hkbugs; 05-09-2013 at 06:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    can anyone tell me what the approx bb height would be on a 2012 ltc frame with a fox 34 or 36 160 float?

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by murrdogg11 View Post
    can anyone tell me what the approx bb height would be on a 2012 ltc frame with a fox 34 or 36 160 float?
    w/a 160mm 36 float mine is 13 3/4 to the center of the crank spindle.

- Rob

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Just built up new SC Blur LTC in XL. XX1 group, XX brakes, Fox 34 Talas 160mm fork, Flow rims laced to Hope PII hubs. Crank bros kronolog, Enve DH bards, easton stem.

Sweet ride, 12.4kg. Dunno how the dude above got a large as low as 10.? Legend!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-blur-ltc.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Grabbed a sale 2012 (REAR QR) frame from competitive and wondering if this direct mount XT SHADOW PLUS REAR derailer will work?
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano Deore XT RD-M786D Direct Mount Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur 10 Speed
    thanks

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by murrdogg11 View Post
    Grabbed a sale 2012 (REAR QR) frame from competitive and wondering if this direct mount XT SHADOW PLUS REAR derailer will work?
    BlueSkyCycling.com - Shimano Deore XT RD-M786D Direct Mount Shadow Plus Rear Derailleur 10 Speed
    thanks
    Nope, the BlurLT line will not accept DM rear mech's AFAIK.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hmm ok thanks, all my go-to's for cheap parts....bluesky, wiggle, chain reaction only seem to have direct mount in the shadow plus....anyone have a good line on a regular mount shadow plus XT?

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I think it only comes as direct mount but I thought it was regular mount compatible somehow - was thinking about buying Shadow Plus to put it on my Blur...

It looks like there are two versions, one with letter D. Jenson seems to have regular mount...

b a n n e d
    PricePoint has them right now for $115.

Edit: I have a medium cage shadow+ XT on my 2010 Blur . . .

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Blur LTC

Here's mine from the Competitive Cyclist sale. Coming from a too small DW Link 5 Spot and I also have a Banshee Paradox. Size large with a 160mm Van fork and 1 degree Works angle headset. The geometry feels perfect to me like this. I was worried how it would climb but I cleared a really steep rocky climb that's been beyond me for the last few years for the first time. First time I've tried a clutch rear derailleur - works amazingly well. Also first time on a dropper post and I'm just beginning to understand how useful it is. I was going to wait until I found a deal on a 650B trail bike but I'm so glad I went with the Blur.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-img_4564.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-img_4561.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi folks. Really nice setups you have here and glad I found this thread in the Blur LTc.
    I just picked up a frame and in the midst of getting the Bike put together.
    But I have a question. I intend to use a dual chain ring setup but not sure which guard can fit. This is an older frame 2010 which does not have ISCG tabs. Thinking of either the MRP 2X or the Blackspire twinty 2X or the E13 setup with the taco plate and roller. Which is the best choice which require minimal modifications?

anks all. Roy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucasrock View Post
    Hi folks. Really nice setups you have here and glad I found this thread in the Blur LTc.
    I just picked up a frame and in the midst of getting the Bike put together.
    But I have a question. I intend to use a dual chain ring setup but not sure which guard can fit. This is an older frame 2010 which does not have ISCG tabs. Thinking of either the MRP 2X or the Blackspire twinty 2X or the E13 setup with the taco plate and roller. Which is the best choice which require minimal modifications?

anks all. Roy
    There are several guides that will come with a bottom bracket mount. Just install the guide first, then screw in the bottom bracket. The other option is to buy an ISCG guide and a "BB to ISCG" adapter like one of these:

Universal Cycles -- E-thirteen ISCG Plate

Here's an e-Thirteen dual guide that comes in BB mount style:
    Universal Cycles -- E-thirteen TRS+ Dual DMB Chain Guide

"Got everything you need?"

k_z
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Can somebody suggest routing for dropper post cable housing on Blur LTc - or way to attach cable to the frame to be exact ? Picked up KS Lev, cable goes under the top "tube" but only routing points available are cable stops while Lev has essentially a full length housing. Did anyone tried to drill out those ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k_z View Post
    Can somebody suggest routing for dropper post cable housing on Blur LTc - or way to attach cable to the frame to be exact ? Picked up KS Lev, cable goes under the top "tube" but only routing points available are cable stops while Lev has essentially a full length housing. Did anyone tried to drill out those ?
    im kinda having the same problem. right now, i just have the cable routed below the top tube, but above the shock. im thinking ill just cut the full length housing, and use the cable stops that are there, i just havent gotten around to it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    im thinking ill just cut the full length housing, and use the cable stops that are there,
    This is what I have done. Full length housing would be better, but I've had no issues with the current setup. There are some photos back in post #815.

Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast