mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I thought i'd get a few opinions on sizing. i've been riding a large for some time now. i'm about 6'2 or so 190. the seat tube is def. too short for my liking as i have to max it out to get proper length. i've been wondering if i should switch to an xl. i like drops and techincal stuff. i also like having a more compact cockpit. i'm worried if i go to xl i'll lose this feeling but i have never tried an xl. i would test ride one if that were an option but maybe some of you guys can weigh in. i have about a 32 inch inseam, but a long torso. thanks for any insight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

mtbr member
    May 2012
    hi all brothers and sisters..just drop to ask..i am 5.6' height what size of blur lt carbon frame should i go for? thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Frame - 2012 Santa Cruz Blur LT2 Carbon
    Shock - Fox Float CTD BV Adjust Kashima
    Fork - Fox 34 TALAS 160 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust.
    Bars - Answer Pro Taper 720 AM Carbon Riser Bar 2012 - 1/2" Rise - 720mm
    Stem - Answer Rove AM Stem 2012 - 60mm - 31.8mm
    Headset - Hope Pick n Mix Headsets - Top Cup - 1.1/8" - Integral 43.95mm & Bottom Cup - 1.5" - Traditional 49.57m
    Headset spacers - Answer Logo Spacer 2012
    Grips - ODI Ruffian with ODI Lock-Jaw Clamps / Snap Caps.

Rear Shifter Shimano XT M785
    Rear Mech - Shimano XT M785
    Front Shifter - Shimano XT M785
    Front Mech - Shimano XT M785
    Cables - Shimano XT

Crank - Shimano XT M785
    Chainrings - Shimano XT M785
    Cassette - Shimano XT M785, 11- 36, 10 speed.
    Chain - Shimano XT
    Bottom Bracket - Shimano XT M785
    Pedals - Point One Podiums
    Front Hub Hope Pro2 Evo - QR15
    Front Rim - NoTubes ZTR Flow EX
    Rear Hub - Hope Pro2 Evo - QR
    Rear Rim - NoTubes ZTR Flow EX

Rear Axle - Hope QR Steel Skewers
    Tyre Front - Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin TrailStar
    Tyre Rear - Hans Dampf Evo Snake Skin PaceStar
    Tyre Sealant - Notubes Stans Tire Sealant.

Front Brake Lever Formula The One Factory
    Front Caliper - Formula The One Factory
    Front Rotor - Formula Floating Rotor 180mm
    Rear Brake Lever - Formula The One Factory
    Rear Caliper - Formula The One Factory.
    Rear Rotor - Formula Floating Rotor 180mm

Saddle - Gobi XM
    Post - Reverb 125 Seatpost 30.9 x 380mm MMX
    Clamp Santa Cruz

Weight: 13kgs (29lbs)

Very much in an AM set up just now and will look to getting a light weight set of rims and tyres come the spring for some more XC type riding.

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010194.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010203.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010195.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010210.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010217.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010198.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010209.jpg
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010222.jpg

Cheers, Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010219.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-p1010199.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    $3100 for a 2013 Blur LTc with XT build, Zee Brakes, Fox 34 Kashima w/trail adjust

This is a dang deal!

**PRICE REDUCED** 2013 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon (XL) - Pinkbike

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanM View Post
    And she's finally done. I'm effing loving this bike.
    Dang good deal here:
    This is a dang deal!]
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are super hard up on cash for any myriad number of reasons . . . . but c'mon man. This site is free for us . . . the least you could do is fork over $2 for some adspace instead of linking to ANOTHER ad forum.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are super hard up on cash for any myriad number of reasons . . . . but c'mon man. This site is free for us . . . the least you could do is fork over $2 for some adspace instead of linking to ANOTHER ad forum.
    For sure, should've just posted this in the first place....**PRICE REDUCED** 2013 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Frame/Fork (Red/XL) - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Sorry for the bombarding, it will stop now.

b a n n e d
    For sure, should've just posted this in the first place....**PRICE REDUCED** 2013 Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Frame/Fork (Red/XL) - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Sorry for the bombarding, it will stop now.
    Good on you, man. GL with the sale.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danridesbikes View Post
    Does it come with crown race for 1 1/8" straight or tapered steerer tube?
    Do you guys know if its easy to switch between the two using a different crown race, like on the other cane creek headsets?

Don't ride a Trek anymore
    Sep 2008
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Weighs about 32 lbs according to a digital bathroom scale, but I'll be going from heavy duty tubes to tubeless shortly, which should save a good bit of rotating weight...

Unfortunately I had shoulder surgery a couple days before I got the shock, so I haven't been able to try it out. Those of you running coil shocks on your blur lt's-- what spring are you running? I'm 140lbs with gear, but I usually run my bikes a little on the stiff side. Currently have a 400 on the shock but I'm thinking I might get a 350 to try.

Also debating either offset shock bushings or an angleset/works headset...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek7000rider View Post
    Those of you running coil shocks on your blur lt's-- what spring are you running? I'm 140lbs with gear, but I usually run my bikes a little on the stiff side. Currently have a 400 on the shock but I'm thinking I might get a 350 to try.

Also debating either offset shock bushings or an angleset/works headset...
    Hey man, I just ran thru the TF Tuned spring calc based on your info... I got ~275lbs spring for you. Hell, I'm 190 geared up for trail riding and I ride a 350lbs Obtainium (3" stroke spring) on a Marz Roco WC w/ ~4 turns on the preload collar. to get ~28% sag. This agrees w/ the TF Tuned spring calc for a shimmed/VPP combo.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    How you liking the Blur LTc? I'm thinking of geting one of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy07 View Post
    Heres mine. I have just posted this but somehow i put it in TBc section. Sorry guys.

Spec is :

Blur LTc size Large
    Fox34 160 Float
    Cane Creek DBAIR
    Easton Haven carbon wheels
    XTR drive and Trail brakes
    X0 type 2 rear and shifter (1x10)
    Fatbar (waiting for Enve DH to arrive)
    Prologo saddle
    XO Chain guide with E Thirteen 33T
    XTR trail peddles
    Thompson 4x stem
    Reverb

Weight i think is just below 28 lbs but i need to get some proper scales.

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Though I don't think you are asking me specifically, its a great bike and I'm quite pleased with it. It does a lot of things pretty well, but it doesn't really excel at any one thing, which is a nice trade off for me. The bike climbs well and is decently comfortable on extended climbs (6+ miles). In the techy climbs though, the front wanders and wants to lift pretty readily, however, if you know this habit, its relatively easy to compensate.

On the descent, it also does pretty well, probably better headed down than up IMO. Its stable at speed and handles both small and large hits readily. I don't have many problems with pedal strikes either. Took it to mammoth bike park this past summer and it handled 90% of the trails there with ease. The only things I did NOT do was take any drops over 3 feet.

I run the RP23 with a 3x10 drivetrain and a 32 Float shimmed to 140mm. Had it at 150 for ~18 months and am much happier at 140. More stable and responsive at speed.

With all that said . . . I'd wait until at LEAST Sea Otter to see what SC is cooking up . . . rumors abound that something new is coming, perhaps a 650b. Either way though, the LT2/c and Nomad are both due for a refresh so I'd wait to see what happens.

Something else to think about too is the TRc.

Threading freely...
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    I'm happy with my Blur LTc, and I'm a one-bike person. It's crazy reliable and works for everything. The frame has 7,000 hard miles on it in all weather conditions. Still on the original bearings and there is no play or squeaks. I have no issues with a wandering front wheel, and I ride very steep ****. (Running a 140mm.)

This said, I chose this bike a couple of years ago. If I were in the market today and wanting a SC bike, I'd be looking at the TRC and TBLT, or I'd wait for the LTc / Nomad refresh that should appear soon. The LTc is a solid performer and a quality bike, but it's been basically unchanged the last three years.
    Threading lightly and respectfully wherever I want....

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    I'm happy with my Blur LTc, and I'm a one-bike person. It's crazy reliable and works for everything. The frame has 7,000 hard miles on it in all weather conditions. Still on the original bearings and there is no play or squeaks. I have no issues with a wandering front wheel, and I ride very steep ****. (Running a 140mm.)

This said, I chose this bike a couple of years ago. If I were in the market today and wanting a SC bike, I'd be looking at the TRC and TBLT, or I'd wait for the LTc / Nomad refresh that should appear soon. The LTc is a solid performer and a quality bike, but it's been basically unchanged the last three years.
    Thanks. I was just curious. The Blur LTc frame is on sale for a great price right now. Don't know if I can pass it up

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Late to the game. Was originally saving for a TRc, but could not pass up the Garage Sale deal. Played the patience, internet game and got everything on sale or bidding wars on Ebay.

Frame Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon 2012 frame matte black
    Rear Shock Fox Racing Shox Float CTD Kashima
    Fork Fox Racing Shox 32 Talas 150 CTD Fit Fork
    Headset Chris King Inset 3 Red
    Handlebar Easton Haven Carbon Black
    Stem Thomson X4 70mm Black
    Grips ODI Lock-On Grip - Rogue Red
    Brakes Avid Elixir 9 Disc Brake White OEM
    Brake Levers Avid Carbon Black
    Shifters SRAM X.0 Trigger Shifters Chrome
    Front Derailleur SRAM X.0 Direct mount
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X.9 Type 2 Grey, long cage
    Cranks SRAM X.9 2x10 Speed Crankset White
    Chainrings SRAM X.9 36-22 with Bashguard
    Bottom Bracket SRAM GXP Grey
    Chain KMC X-10 Ti Chain
    Cassette SRAM PG-1050 10 speed 11-36
    Pedals Crank Brothers Candy 3 Pedals Red
    Front Rim Stan's NoTubes FlowEx White
    Rear Rim Stan's NoTubes FlowEx White
    Hubs Chris King ISO Disc Hub Red
    Spokes DT Swiss Competition Black w/ red nips
    Front Tire Kenda Nevegal DTC tubeless 2.35
    Rear Tire Kenda Nevegal DTC tubeless 2.35
    Saddle WTB Rocket V Team Saddle Black
    Seatpost KS LEV
    Seatpost Clamp Salsa LipLock Red

28 lb.Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-bltc-3.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dscf1675.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-bltc-11.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-bltc-1.jpgBlur LT Carbon Setup Thread-bltc-12.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	BLTC 11.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	767112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BLTC 11.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	767112Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dscf1629.jpg

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Honolii29 View Post
    Late to the game. Was originally saving for a TRc, but could not pass up the Garage Sale deal. Played the patience, internet game and got everything on sale or bidding wars on Ebay.
    Don't feel bad, I ride with a guy who is sponsored by Santa Cruz and he still prefers his Blur LTc for 90% of the riding he does. His opinion actually kept me from selling my LTc and getting a TRc.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Hiking is good for you.
    May 2006
    Loving the ride, especially descending. I won't miss the TRc because I've never had one. I am glad I got the BLTc because even with the higher BB I still get the occaisional pedal strike where I ride, lots of technical lava. Coming of a first generation Giant Reign, the VPP feels less plush on the small stuff than the Maestro, but it climbs better to me.

b a n n e d
    Loving the ride, especially descending. I won't miss the TRc because I've never had one. I am glad I got the BLTc because even with the higher BB I still get the occaisional pedal strike where I ride, lots of technical lava. Coming of a first generation Giant Reign, the VPP feels less plush on the small stuff than the Maestro, but it climbs better to me.
    Great looking bike. I really like the subtle red accents . . . its easy to over-do a "color theme" and I think you've kept it classy.

I've never ridden a Maestro before, but I agree that the BLT can be a little harsh . . . really make sure to take the time to tune the shock, and in all honesty you might consider getting it PUSH'd. I think the shock is the limiting factor . . . not the design.

I'll be on your island in just a few short days! coming in for a conference . . . might have some time to ride next thursday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Kona???

KONA....sweet, I just spent a week out there and was wondering what it would be like to eat schite on the terrain out there. I know the novice surfing was bad enough, hard to imagine being on the mtb. A brief run on the beach around Mauna Lani area put my ankles through the test and nicely ate up my running shoes.

Sweet build on the BLTc, I had to block myself from the SC Store during their sale as I could easily justify three more projects with their frame sale. I'm quite happy with my 2012 BLTc and it's set up with Maxxis Ardent 2.4 to eat up the snow packed trails of Northern NM (I've been meaning to post it but with limited time to ride I gotta be in the saddle whenever I have a free moment).
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Have you decided what size of BLTc is for you yet? I am right there with you on that (I'm 5-5), my first BLTc was a med and when opportunity knocked I switched to the small. I actually dig both frames. I rode the med with a short 70mm stem and a straight post. I loved the climbing and slower rides on the med frame. When I pointed it down I did not feel as confident as I do on the small frame. I have the small frame set up with a longer stem and wish that my Reverb post was set back. It seem like I am truly in between sizes, as I feel advantages on both sizes. I'm currently riding the small and have my medium out for sale. I spend a lot of time on a SS 29r so when I'm on the BLTc I'm all about the cheek to cheek descents, so I've decided to love on the small frame rather than the medium while saving my grueling long mile rides for the hardtail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I've never ridden a Maestro before, but I agree that the BLT can be a little harsh . . . really make sure to take the time to tune the shock, and in all honesty you might consider getting it PUSH'd. I think the shock is the limiting factor . . . not the design.
    Agreed.
    The best I've had on my BLTc was a Roco WC coil, and it still needed a bit of work... Now I've been spending some time tweaking w/ a Monarch RC3+...opening the shim stack up a bit. All I can say the potential of the BLTc frame is really limited by a crappy (Fox) shock! I overshot the opening of the RC3+ (almost NO LSR damping now) and it still did better than any RP23 and DHX 5 Air I've had on my frame. And, the frame was NOT harsh w/o LSR...but was a bit of an out of control pogo stick doing the slow speed tech/chunder riding...but a cloud at high speeds!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast