Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanM View Post
    Mine gets in tomorrow. Im interested in the answer to this. Did yours come with a headset?
    No headset. That's why I asked the question. It seems like I have to place an order for a couple of different parts to get the configuration I need.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jtforester View Post
    Just picked up a LTc through the VPLS. Should I get the bb and brake mount faced at my LBS or is it safe to assume they come prefaced?

Also, I'm building it up with a 1-1/8" steerer and wondering if others are recommending a Chris King or Cane Creek headset.

Thanks
    I got mine in yesterday and had the mechanics at my shop take a look to see if the BB threads needed to be chased. They build up SC bikes all the time and said it didn't need to be done. I went home, greased my Shimano BB cups and threaded them in by hand no problem whatsoever.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    @danridesbikes

Wow what a build... and i thought mine was slightly bling ! Whats the weight ?

Oh and hi everyone, first post hence not being able to post images.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Once my count is up i will post mine. Curently looking at a ccdb air but i cant find anyone that has put one on a Blur ltc.

Any thoughts as TF tuned have also not supplied on for this bike. Cheers

mtbr member
    It's not a BLT but ...

Blur TRc pictures

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi mate,

That was great thank you and seeing that it fits on a similar frame and your write up has just made my decision.

Do you have any idea of the set up that you are running ? As in number of clicks on each dial ?

Cheers

mtbr member
    It's not mine, unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy07 View Post
    @danridesbikes

Wow what a build... and i thought mine was slightly bling ! Whats the weight ?
    25.1lb

cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Too bad that cyote fella doesn't make any armor for the BB area of the Blur LTC. Would've been possible had SC installed water bottle mount drillings on the downtube like they did for the Tallboy LTc. Oh well. My headset came in today (CC 40) so I'm going to cut the steer tube on my new Float 34 160 Kashima and can get rolling later this week when my wheels get in. I got a stupid deal on some stock DT wheels from trek. If anyone is in the market for a decent wheelset on the super cheap, hit up your local trek dealer and have them look up the closeout wheels that came stock on the 2011 Remedy 9.8. They are DT M1800s. Basically DT350 hubs laced to some decent DT rims. I won't say what I got them for as I'm a shop employee but I'm pretty sure you could get a set for around $250 or less right now.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by danridesbikes View Post
    25.1lb

cheers
    Wow.. thats 3 lbs lighter than mine... must go home and check my scales !

Great bike.

Just ordered my Cane creek db air so that is not going to help with the weight !

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    So far. Still waiting on many components.

mtbr member
    Too bad that cyote fella doesn't make any armor for the BB area of the Blur LTC. Would've been possible had SC installed water bottle mount drillings on the downtube like they did for the Tallboy LTc.
    About that... looking at your BB/downtube area, I think if you grabbed a TBLTc skid plate (I have this bike w/ Cytoe's plate) and used something like two strips of 3M's Dual Lock down the downtube and skid plate... Then a couple of velcro straps for something like a frame pump wrapped around the downtube and the skid plate...won't be the prettiest thing, but your pivots should be protected. I think I'll be doing this for my BLTc, after I pull the TBLTc's plate to size up...haven't done it yet because I've been riding the wagon wheeled canary bike
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Love the red, looks so sweet in the flesh... Might just have to make several posts to put up a picture of mine

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    The geometry specs from the website shows the seat tube length for the large BLTc to be 19.5"/48.3 cm. Now a simple conversion if the cm to inches equals 19.02". What gives? The difference/discrepancy seems to be the thickness of the clamp.

So my real question has to do with minimum seatpost insertion and where the indicator on the post should be relative to the tube/clamp.

Should the minimum insertion line on the post be just below the top of the clamp or the bottom of the clamp? The slot in the back of the tube exposes the minimum insertion line on the post until it is below the clamp.

The reason I ask is that this difference could mean that a 385mm post isn't quite long enough for me and I would need to purchase another post. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Heres mine. I have just posted this but somehow i put it in TBc section. Sorry guys.

Spec is :

Blur LTc size Large
    Fox34 160 Float
    Cane Creek DBAIR
    Easton Haven carbon wheels
    XTR drive and Trail brakes
    X0 type 2 rear and shifter (1x10)
    Fatbar (waiting for Enve DH to arrive)
    Prologo saddle
    XO Chain guide with E Thirteen 33T
    XTR trail peddles
    Thompson 4x stem
    Reverb

Weight i think is just below 28 lbs but i need to get some proper scales.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-ccdb-air.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-photo-1.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-photo-2.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-photo.jpg  

kdh
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That red looks fast...beautiful bike!

mtbr member
    may i know why blr ltc rear travel is 140mm and nomad is 160mm
    but both have the same shock size 8.5 x 2.5 ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xokokx View Post
    may i know why blr ltc rear travel is 140mm and nomad is 160mm
    but both have the same shock size 8.5 x 2.5 ?
    Do a bit of reading on "leverage ratio"...and you should come to the conclusion that shock i2i and stroke has not a lot to do w/ it's travel, except thru leverage ratio.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    ok thanks for the info

mtbr member
    so in order to set up sag for rear shock , i will still take 8.5 x2.5 as referral ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy07 View Post
    Heres mine. I have just posted this but somehow i put it in TBc section. Sorry guys.

Spec is :

Blur LTc size Large
    Fox34 160 Float
    Cane Creek DBAIR
    Easton Haven carbon wheels
    XTR drive and Trail brakes
    X0 type 2 rear and shifter (1x10)
    Fatbar (waiting for Enve DH to arrive)
    Prologo saddle
    XO Chain guide with E Thirteen 33T
    XTR trail peddles
    Thompson 4x stem
    Reverb

Weight i think is just below 28 lbs but i need to get some proper scales.
    Your front brake line needs to be routed inside the fork leg, you might want to redo it. Much safer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How does the bike climb with the 34 Float 160. I am wondering if I am going to need to drop it to 150 or if it will feel fine. Anyone have any real time on that setup yet?

b a n n e d
    I ran my Blur with a 150 for a while and the front definitely wandered and wanted to lift on the tech climbs. I dropped it to 140 and theres a noticeable difference. Feels more planted and balanced.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I ran my Blur with a 150 for a while and the front definitely wandered and wanted to lift on the tech climbs. I dropped it to 140 and theres a noticeable difference. Feels more planted and balanced.
    But you should elaborate on what your home terrain is like. I think I recall you saying it's relatively smooth?
    For the CO/Front Range, "Rocky Mountain" is a pretty accurate. Where OO7 likes his bike lower and knifier, here in Denver, lower = pedal/chainring strikes. A BLTc w/ 650b to bump the BB, AND a 34 26er fork dropped from 160 to 150 might be pretty tasty! But I'm on a TBLTc right now and its little brother is getting a bit of neglect. I'm planning on these upgrades this winter/spring:
    1. A 150mm 34
    2. A set of 650b "cheap" Chinese carbon hoops
    3. Switching from X0 9spd to XT 10spd w/ the shadow DM rear mech
    And, maybe a Monarch Plus or X-Fusion Vector Air
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2011
    How does the bike climb with the 34 Float 160. I am wondering if I am going to need to drop it to 150 or if it will feel fine. Anyone have any real time on that setup yet?
    Hi, lifts a little but I am getting use it it the more I ride. I think I have a fault with the FIT cartridge so they need to be looked at by mojo so may have them dropped to 150mm.

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast