Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    You bought used right? Did you know the former owner; worried about buying used carbon?
    i did buy used. i wasnt too worried even though I didnt know him at all. mainly becuase he said he only rode it a handful of times, and looking at the frame, it looks exactly like it has only been ridden a handful of times.

if it had arrived here in the mail with a ton of scratches and nicks all over the place, I wouldve opened a case with PAypal and gotten my money back.

honestly, in the week Ive had it, Ive probably put more scratches on it than he did with two spills I had last week.

my only concern really is somehow the rear triangle breaking like some of the early Blur XCc's, due to a weak linkage axle. I come on these boards quite a bit and so far, (huge knock on wood), I have yet to see a broken BLTc frame. Not to say it cant happen, but I have alot of confidence in the bike and SC. and I dont do anything considered major hucking, although the bike makes me confident in doing alot more, and alot faster.

Ask me in a year and Ill let you know if Im still happy with my purchase.

(I will say, that white BLTc frame is really sweet looking. The blue steel was probably my least favorite color theyve made the carbon in so far, but its just a color. The bike still rides awesome)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x View Post
    LunchWagon... is that a full axle front fork. I called hucknroll and they said they may go on sale around xmas but probably just a little lower. I guess they only have two left in stock and the bike is selling quickly so they don't need to put it on sale. They also don't do any part swaps on complete builds. I rode a LTC in crested butte last year and it was pretty sweet. Upgrade from my 4x.
    Yes, 15mm thru axle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienp View Post
    Gotta say after spending the night doing mine in the Frameskin it has been well worth the exercise.

Precision measured and cut pieces, plenty of other little squares and rounds for other parts where stuff might rub. Take a bit of time and do it the "wet" way and you should end up with a sensational result.
    I agree w/ you about taking your time, altho having to cut your own pieces kinda forces you to slow down...HAHA! Had I to do over, I'd prob just buy the kit even tho I'd argue my coverage is a lot more thorough. I did my clear bra stuff dry and it still turned out great but yeah, the wet method should yield a fantastic finish
    I think I'll do the (carbon) crank arms the wet method and get some experience w/ pieces squirming around
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I did mine the dry way too. While the result is great a bit of time with frame that was not built up so you can get it on a bench and apply using the wet method would yield sensational results. You would struggle to even know it was on there.

I have a kit for my forks that I am thinking about doing and have thought about doing the crank arms too.

Gotta say, on whole this bike blows me away every time i ride it. Need to start mucking around with the suspension settings as everything is still very mid range. Getting more and more confident with it every day though. I can sense this is the beginning of a long and beautiful relationship.

I struggle to see where people would see this bike as irrelevant in the current market. It would have to be one of the best multi purpose frames out there. So many options with this bike. Thinking of grabbing a 36 or Lyric in the near future to see how it really goes as a mini nomad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I struggle to see where people would see this bike as irrelevant in the current market. It would have to be one of the best multi purpose frames out there.
    It's only because it's no longer the "latest & greatest", but I completely agree with you. This bike puts a huge smile on my face after every ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    It's great if you are that calibre of rider that can swap and change frames and be able to notice and exploit the changes in geo that seem to happen on a yearly basis.

But for my money I would rather ride the frame i had so my riding developed over time. This bike will probably never end up being used to it's limit of capability with me but I am going to have one hell of a time growing with this bike and seeing where it will take me.

Gotta agree with you Brumo's it puts a huge grin on my face every time I ride it.

mtbr member
    It's great if you are that calibre of rider that can swap and change frames and be able to notice and exploit the changes in geo that seem to happen on a yearly basis.

But for my money I would rather ride the frame i had so my riding developed over time. This bike will probably never end up being used to it's limit of capability with me but I am going to have one hell of a time growing with this bike and seeing where it will take me.

Gotta agree with you Brumo's it puts a huge grin on my face every time I ride it.
    Oh hell yeah! Man, on my first ride, w/in an hour I was floating airs on mine. There's a pic of it in this thread somewhere... So neutral in the air and intuitive under me there was no real adjustment period.

I started out w/ a 32 Float, now I have a 36 Float. I found the head tube angle a bit steep w/ the 32, and the BB was also a bit too low. The 36 slacked it out just that touch and lifted the BB a touch too. I came from a Nomad MK1 and the BLTc w/ a 36 doesn't flop nearly as much as ppl make it out that you need to drop it down to a 150. If you've ridden the 'Mad MK1, you'll know what I mean.

Mines is dressed to the 9s for XC and light trail riding (keep in mind this is coming from a guy who primarily rides DH). I need to shoot fresh pics anyway for insurance...will post some tomorrow eve.
    Last edited by Pau11y; 09-23-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member

Totally agree. I cant imagine that some new suspension design would ever come out that would totally just blow me away relative to how my BLTc feels. Not to say there couldnt be some incremental improvements, but it just seems that new suspension designs dont make the riding THAT much better. that said, Im having a ton of fun on my new BLTc, and still figuring out how to ride the thing.

(I realize this may sound hypocritical coming from someone who just replaced a Superlight with a BLTc, but my Superlight frame is 10 years old and is showing some signs that it might die any day. plus, I plan to ride my BLTc for many years to come. im not sure my wife will allow a new bike purchase for me for at least another 5 years. ).

mtbr member
    A little dusty.
    Just picked up a 4" version of the Reverb for this plastic pony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-blurltc_red_01.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-blurltc_red_03.jpg  

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-blurltc_red_05.jpg  

╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Yebo Numzaan
    my 2x10 drive chain just arrived via UPS. Super stoked to make the change to 2x10. Hoping this will reduce the amount of chain slap / noise i hear from my drive chain....which was pretty worn and tired.
    I support EMBA

b a n n e d
    A little dusty.
    Just picked up a 4" version of the Reverb for this plastic pony
    Hopefully we don't see an updated signature for you tomorrow!

My new Reverb...seatpost was great until I really went out and rode on it..

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I know there has been heaps of neg press on here about the reverb and i know that i have had mine a short period but there have been no signs of any of the reported issues (Touch wood none develop).

It has certainly changed the way that i ride and has had me going down trails faster than ever before.

Certainly the best value for money piece of gear on my ride.

Threading freely...
    Thanks for the pricing info, sooner518.

Pau11y, nice new setup there. I had the same red pedals on my LTC a couple of months ago. After two weeks one pedal got bent from a rock strike. I manage to reshape it perfectly, but rocks and that Xspeedo don't agree, so I put it on my wife's bike (she doesn't ride rock gardens). Just a warning. I wish they had that smaller Reverb back when I got mine, but I'm not about to drop another $250 now. And what happened to your Answer ProTaper carbon bars?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    ... what happened to your Answer ProTaper carbon bars?

Still have it. But the RF SixC is a touch wider...
    Come to think of it, I think the flatter Answer might work better w/the slightly taller a2c of the 36...hum. I'm also sitting on a Thomson 90mm, zero rise. Might worth giving that combo a try! Good thinking chief!

Edit: thanx for the heads up on the pedals...
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Stout Blur LTc

Finally got my LTc thrown together. Probably one of the burliest built LTc's on this thread. Came off of an RFX, which I loved to death, but wanted something that can peddle a bit better. Originally had my heart set on a DW Spot, and randomly came across this frame at a killer price. I did absolutely no research on the frame prior to buying, as i didn't want to pass up the deal, and was thrilled to find out after what a great response the frame has been getting. I honestly wasn't too keen on the swoopy lines of the LTc, but once i built it up....Hot Damn its a good looking bike. I threw on all my components from my RFX hence the burly build.

Shock- RP23 (ISO Tuned....absolute butter!)
    Fork- 2011 Fox 36 TALAS Kashima (ISO tuned...also buttery)
    Drivetrain- XT 2x9 with Gamut Bash
    Seatpost- Easton Haven ALuminum
    Handlebars- Answer ProTaper 720 AM Carbon (perfect geometry IMO)
    Stem- Thomson 70mm zero rise
    Wheels- Hadley Hubs laced to Mavic 823, MAXXIS Minion DH F Tires (bombproof)
    Saddle- Intense with Titanium rails (I know )
    Stoppers- Formula ORO K24

Didn't get any real saddle time other than in front of my house. First impression is that it feels damn nimble compared to the RFX. The head angle feels great in the 160 setting, and horrible in the 120. Still need to dial in the suspension a bit, but overall stoked
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Last edited by jahsun145; 09-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by polymathic View Post
    Thanks for the pricing info, sooner518.

Pau11y, nice new setup there. I had the same red pedals on my LTC a couple of months ago. After two weeks one pedal got bent from a rock strike. I manage to reshape it perfectly, but rocks and that Xspeedo don't agree, so I put it on my wife's bike (she doesn't ride rock gardens). Just a warning. I wish they had that smaller Reverb back when I got mine, but I'm not about to drop another $250 now. And what happened to your Answer ProTaper carbon bars?
    Hehehe... did those wheels catch your eye?
    Don't have exact weight on them since they're mounted w/ 2.4 balloons.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    this is mine...
    awesome bike !!!
    all standard adjustable seatpost apart

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Got in a good ride today, and had a chance to take some pictures.

I added new Sunline V1 65 mm stem and Oury lock-on grips, everything else is R am build.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Is that a hucknroll purchase? Where did you shoot those pics?

mtbr member

A little OT...

I bought a set of the Reynolds MTN-C Special wheelset from Chainlove for my LTc when they had them on sale for $575... Well, it came w/ 9mm QR, 10mm TA, and 15mm TA front hub end-caps. I just found out that if you can get your mitts on a set of DMR Revolver 20mm TA end-caps, you can use the MTN-C Specials on a 20mm TA fork...like Revelation or the 36.
    FYI, the MTN-Cs Specials are the ones w/the white hubs. The black hub wheels are not the "Specials" and I have no idea about swapping out those end-caps.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Sooo...

Have been thinking of looking into the angleset idea. Is there anyone around that has gone down this path on a Blur LTc????

Wanting to see how it all works and what happens for shits and giggles.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Sooo...

Have been thinking of looking into the angleset idea. Is there anyone around that has gone down this path on a Blur LTc????

Wanting to see how it all works and what happens for shits and giggles.

I've got 2deg slackening cups in my LTc. Feels awesome on the downs. Always felt too steep at the stock setting with my 150mm revs. Could actually drop another deg or so but options are limited to running offset reducers in the shock which I think will affect the seat angle and climbing a bit too much.

At full travel, the front end does wander a bit on climbs but I can drop the forks down to 120mm and all is good again.

Will post some pics soon.

Originally came onto this thread to see what cranks folk were running

b a n n e d
    I'm just curious, but what does an Angleset do for warranty implications? I mean, aren't the fork limitations based on the HT angle?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Not on this bike. Santa Cruz say on their website that it's strong enough to take any length fork.

Making the head angle slacker should actually help the frame as the length of the fork and therefore leverage doesn't change but the angle means that more force is applied to the along the vector of the suspension.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Got the specs on those cups? Also where to buy? Have been sidelined for a few weeks with a foot injury and am getting the itch to experiment.

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast