Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 1,151 to 1,158 of 1158
    mtbr member
    How does that reshipping service work?

Seems pretty lame of Santa Cruz not supporting their older models with parts. Especially so for a frame that isn't even five years old.
    Last edited by Spacer; 01-21-2016 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Basically, you tell the reshipping service what you want to order and they buy it for you (Jungle Products only accepts credit cards from the UK) and have it shipped to their UK facility. Then they ship it on to the US, dealing with customs etc. You pay for this service, but they have a shipping calculator on their website so you can figure out how much it will cost ahead of time.

I'm sure there are other companies doing the same thing, Borderlinx was just the first and most legit-seeming one I found. They have good info on their website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    For the Blur LTc, when exactly did they convert the rear axle to 12x142? I'm under the assumption that it was 2013, but I've now attempted to buy two different LTc's that have the 2013 paintjob style and are advertised as 2013 but still have the standard QR.

I'm confused. Did SC make the Blur LTc differently throughout 2013? Did they produce the LTc at all in 2014?
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey, I´m hoping I can find some help in here. I have a Monarch Plus RC3 fitted to my Blur LTc, tune is M/L. I have 30% sag and rebound fully open but it just doesn´t seem to work, specially when dealing with high frecuency hits (like when going over ruts at speed). Shock doesn´t seem to be able to recover or something, it feels like it packs up. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    For the Blur LTc, when exactly did they convert the rear axle to 12x142? I'm under the assumption that it was 2013, but I've now attempted to buy two different LTc's that have the 2013 paintjob style and are advertised as 2013 but still have the standard QR.

I'm confused. Did SC make the Blur LTc differently throughout 2013? Did they produce the LTc at all in 2014?

I believe Santa Cruz made the axle switch in late 2013. I bought mine in late 2013 and it came with 12X142 rear and iscg tabs. I do not think they made the Blur LTC after 2013. I think they only made the Blur TR after 2013.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I've been away for a bit, but here's an update of my situation:
    After reading some articles from people who changed the shocks on their VPP bikes, most have gone in the direction of bigger volume air cans (relative to the RP23 Fox which is ridiculously small really).
    I have seen some enthusiastic reviews of people who used RS Monarch Plus RC3, but I haven't been able to find decent info on the shock tunes that they used.
    RockShox recommends L/L for a leverage ratio of 2.2 (which is what the Blur LT has got), but there are almost no shocks on the market with such a tune. Most are M/L (first is rebound?), and some people ride M/M and say it feels good.
    Does anyone have more information on the shock tune that would fit? This is my trail bike, so I am aiming for small bump compliance and smaller jumps, not the big hits.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    I have seen some enthusiastic reviews of people who used RS Monarch Plus RC3, but I haven't been able to find decent info on the shock tunes that they used.
    RockShox recommends L/L for a leverage ratio of 2.2 (which is what the Blur LT has got), but there are almost no shocks on the market with such a tune. Most are M/L (first is rebound?), and some people ride M/M and say it feels good.
    Yes on LV air can...
    Homework: Monarch RC3 Plus shim stack

Time to get your mitts dirty
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dsc_8401.jpg

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dsc_8406.jpg

Upgraded my wife to a LTc from a 09 LT. She says its a better bike in every way.

Now we play the waiting game for the 11 speed SLX to be released to the public so we can ditch the front derailleur and go 1x.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324