Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 1,101 to 1,158 of 1158
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    That's pretty poor if true.

mtbr member
    Understand your frustration, getting a warranty replacement where you cant reuse a bunch of parts must stink. I don't think SC is doing you wrong though. Parts are only warrantied by any bike manufacturer for a year. If this were the big S, Trek, really anyone, and they had to warranty a model they stopped producing several years ago (assuming the new version had a different size shock) I don't imagine you'd get any different result.

Best of luck getting back on the trail. The Bronson is a great bike if you ddo end up getting er built up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    One minute I was happily riding a terrific bike, then bang! That'll be a couple of thousand dollars to ride your new "warrantied" bike. Buying new forks and wheels would be a ***** but a new shock too? Sorry dude, that's really disappointing. I'd bet money that trek, giant or spesh would see you right. Jeez, I asked turner if I could buy new shock axles and dave himself sent me them and new linkages completely free.
    This could be the end of my long standing lve of Santa Cruz. Great riding bikes. Poor support.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintdogballs View Post
    One minute I was happily riding a terrific bike, then bang! That'll be a couple of thousand dollars to ride your new "warrantied" bike. Buying new forks and wheels would be a ***** but a new shock too? Sorry dude, that's really disappointing. I'd bet money that trek, giant or spesh would see you right. Jeez, I asked turner if I could buy new shock axles and dave himself sent me them and new linkages completely free.
    This could be the end of my long standing lve of Santa Cruz. Great riding bikes. Poor support.
    What size was your BLTc frame?
    If you want i can trade you my BLTc M frame for the replacement frame. (i'm in europe also)
    Last edited by BTTR; 07-16-2015 at 04:35 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    It was a large BTTR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintdogballs View Post
    It was a large BTTR.
    Too bad...
    What was the problem with your frame?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Sale what you cant transfer to the new bike, buy the rest and ride a far better bike in the end. And your statement of one of the other big brands giving you a frame and the other parts for a frame replacement will leave you with a huge disappointment if you ever have to get a replacement from one of them. They will only do the same thing as SC is doing. They are FRAME manufactures and most all will gladly upgrade you to a NEWER FRAME if they dont make your old one but they will not GIVE you hundreds of dollars in misc parts. They already lost money upgrading your ass.

SC is seeing you right by upgrading you to just about any other frame of your choosing in their line up that can cost 1000s more then your current one but you want a handout, well sorry bud you wont get a handout from any other giant either.

Source- Good friend of mine runs a Spesh/ now Trek shop. He stopped selling spesh because of their horrible service with repairs and sales.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I wasn't suggesting that anyone would supply loads of new parts for a bike, and it's certainly not what I expect. And my LTc was not 1000s less than a new bronson so you're off the mark there too.
    I sent a bike frame that can be used as a functioning part of a bike. What I'm being offered in replacement cannot. Ignoring the 650B thing, I am still considerably worse off. A new shock in europe commensurate with what the previous one was in it's time will cost me over $500 (in your terms). The fact that SC changed the sizes really isn't my fault, but I'm being asked to pay. You might think that this is OK. I don't. And I'm hardly after a handout, just to be put in the same position I was before my frame failed.

BTTR; it cracked. The same way that many others did.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I understand your frustration with your position and I would be as well. The only thing you can do is contact them directly and talk to them about it. But saying they are not providing you good service and that other companies would be better just isnt true. They no longer make that frame and can not offer it to you so they are offering a replacement of a comparable bike. Your frame is on CC for $2500 and is in stock, speak with SC to see if they can work with one of their retailers to see if they can get you another one back or if they can offer a free/discounted frame with a shock etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Looking at the replies in here, I've resigned myself to that fact that a frame and shock complete is not likely. It's a bit of a pisser. That LTc is the most I've ever spent on a bike, and knowing that I'm going to have to spend even more just to keep riding is bumming me out. Don't get me wrong, I knew that I'd have to "upgrade" to 650B at some point which is why I'm not shouting about it. I'm just disappointed that I'll have to shell out for a shock too when I've already paid for one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Saintdogballs - did you ask if you could have a Nomad as a replacement instead of a Bronson? Nomad frame uses the same 216mm x 63mm size shock as your BLTc. It looks like other posters in this thread have been able to get Nomad frames as replacements for their cracked BLTc. The Heckler also uses that size shock, FYI.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have one waiting for my LT2 - What settings did you end-up for the CC DB Inline? BTW I have a Pike on mine too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
    I have one waiting for my LT2 - What settings did you end-up for the CC DB Inline? BTW I have a Pike on mine too.
    dont know who youre referring to, but this is what i have as my DB Inline settings on the BLTc:
    HSC - 2.5 turns to the right from all the way out
    HSR - 2.25 turns
    LSC - 4 clicks from all the way out
    LSR - 8 clicks from all the way out

I am running one large volume spacer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    dont know who youre referring to, but this is what i have as my DB Inline settings on the BLTc:
    HSC - 2.5 turns to the right from all the way out
    HSR - 2.25 turns
    LSC - 4 clicks from all the way out
    LSR - 8 clicks from all the way out

I am running one large volume spacer.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    took my LTc to the shop to install a new headset becuase mine was creaking.... they called me back and said theres a crack on my headtube.... sigh. theyre contacting SC for me.

we'll see what they say. might be getting a new Bronson. if so, Ill have a 26" Pike and DBInline for sale soon....

mtbr member
    took my LTc to the shop to install a new headset becuase mine was creaking.... they called me back and said theres a crack on my headtube.... sigh. theyre contacting SC for me.

we'll see what they say. might be getting a new Bronson. if so, Ill have a 26" Pike and DBInline for sale soon....
    Salvage that head tube badge. They're...unique!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Good luck paully. I was informed that mine was to be warrantied nearly two months ago and I still don't have a replacement. Awful.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    What is SC replacing cracked Blur LTcs with? Bronsons? What are the replacement conditions? Just curious in case mine cracks.

mtbr member

You'll soon have a Bronson or 5010.
    A friend of mine had the exact same thing on his BLTc about a year and a half ago and they gave him a Nomad C

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BTTR View Post
    You'll soon have a Bronson or 5010.
    A friend of mine had the exact same thing on his BLTc about a year and a half ago and they gave him a Nomad C
    id be stoked with a Bronson (a Nomad is prolly too much bike for me and my terrain). not holding my breath though. still waiting to hear back from my shop. i gave them my receipt and stuff and theyre sending to SC. we'll see

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonik666 View Post
    What is SC replacing cracked Blur LTcs with? Bronsons? What are the replacement conditions? Just curious in case mine cracks.
    my bike shop has been talking to SC. submitting my paperwork, etc.... they called yesterday and asked me what frame i would want. I told them a Nomad was my first choice and Bronson was #2. he said it usually depends on what SC has in stock and that it usually takes about a week or so to get a frame in from SC... so im hoping to be a proud owner of a Nomad in a week or 2.

Only replacement conditions ive had so far is that i have to give back my cracked BLTc frame when the shop gives me the new frame, and i had to provide my original sales receipts/paperwork, adn they made copies to send to SC. like i said, the bike shop took care of all that for me. i dont know how much discussion they had with SC.

ill be moving over some stuff from the Blur LTc as much as possible. for the moment, ill be keeping the DBInline, even thuogh i know its not ideal on a Nomad. but i think being in central Texas, I can get away with it as we literally have no prolonged downhills.

ill be selling my 26 inch Pike and getting a 27.5 Pike
    Need to build some 27.5 wheels onto my CK hubs. sucks because i just rebuilt my 26 inch wheels, so the rims are basically brand new. new tires obviously
    need to swap out the rear axle in my CK hubs from the 9mm QR, to 142X12
    i have a 30.9 KS dropper. anyone had any experience shimming to a 31.6? there are some shims you can buy for like $10 that seem to work fairly well....

will keep all my cockpit parts and drivetrain (running a 1X already) as of now

mtbr member
    my bike shop has been talking to SC. submitting my paperwork, etc.... they called yesterday and asked me what frame i would want. I told them a Nomad was my first choice and Bronson was #2. he said it usually depends on what SC has in stock and that it usually takes about a week or so to get a frame in from SC... so im hoping to be a proud owner of a Nomad in a week or 2.

Only replacement conditions ive had so far is that i have to give back my cracked BLTc frame when the shop gives me the new frame, and i had to provide my original sales receipts/paperwork, adn they made copies to send to SC. like i said, the bike shop took care of all that for me. i dont know how much discussion they had with SC.

ill be moving over some stuff from the Blur LTc as much as possible. for the moment, ill be keeping the DBInline, even thuogh i know its not ideal on a Nomad. but i think being in central Texas, I can get away with it as we literally have no prolonged downhills.

ill be selling my 26 inch Pike and getting a 27.5 Pike
    Need to build some 27.5 wheels onto my CK hubs. sucks because i just rebuilt my 26 inch wheels, so the rims are basically brand new. new tires obviously
    need to swap out the rear axle in my CK hubs from the 9mm QR, to 142X12
    i have a 30.9 KS dropper. anyone had any experience shimming to a 31.6? there are some shims you can buy for like $10 that seem to work fairly well....

will keep all my cockpit parts and drivetrain (running a 1X already) as of now
    Congrats man!
    Do yourself a favor, get the 36 instead. Also, I'm running the Float X2. It's a NICE shock!
    Oh, get ready for a bit more pedal strikes, unless you long-shock your new whip. 😎

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pau11y; 08-21-2015 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Moo
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Congrats man!
    Do yourself a favor, get the 36 instead. Also, I'm running the Float X2. It's a NICE shock!
    Oh, get ready for a bit more pedal strikes, unless you long-shock your new whip. 😎

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
    i considered a 36 but i found a great deal on a new Pike RCT3 ($630). maybe the 36 is a bit better, but I loved the Pike I had on my BLTc (which is FOR SALE, if anyone is interested...), so i think ill be happy with it.
    I will look into a few different shocks over the coming months. but for now, the Inline will have to do. trying not to break the bank on this "free bike", and with new wheels/tires/new rear axle/fork/replacement brake lines/full length housing, Im already $1K+ in the hole. another $500 on a FloatX or Vivid or CCDBA isnt in the cards at the moment.

i just want to get a rideable bike ready to go. ill piece together more ideal stuff as time goes by

mtbr member
    So I've had my BLTC for a couple of years now. Frame, brakes, bearings, drivetrain and wheels are all still in good shape. All Shimano XT. I don't always wash it after every ride but I keep it clean and disassemble, clean and lubricate pivots, head set, bottom bracket and bushings regularly.

but now it is time to replace suspension. FOX shock and fork were top of the line when I bought this bike. When the CTD was functioning I would rate them as just functional but lacking support when most needed.

My question for this forum is what current model suspension would be optimum as replacement.

My optimum shock and fork would be user serviceable with minimum special tools and factory supported with rebuild kits and user friendly manuals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacer View Post
    So I've had my BLTC for a couple of years now. Frame, brakes, bearings, drivetrain and wheels are all still in good shape. All Shimano XT. I don't always wash it after every ride but I keep it clean and disassemble, clean and lubricate pivots, head set, bottom bracket and bushings regularly.

but now it is time to replace suspension. FOX shock and fork were top of the line when I bought this bike. When the CTD was functioning I would rate them as just functional but lacking support when most needed.

My question for this forum is what current model suspension would be optimum as replacement.

My optimum shock and fork would be user serviceable with minimum special tools and factory supported with rebuild kits and user friendly manuals.
    Fork- I was super happy with my pike. And coincidentally, it's for sale. PM me if you're interested. Super plush and very confidence inspiring.

As for rear, I had the DB Inline which is a great option but I've heard they're not user serviceable unless you send it back to cane creek. It is definitely a step up over the Fox you're currently on but the user serviceability might rule it out for you. I dunno. Prolly gonna sell that too if you're interested.
    Not really sure what other rear options people are running. I only had the stock RP23 which I hated.

Ow!
    I may use my LTc a little bigger than most, so my forks and shock reflect that. Currently, it has a Pike RCT3 160. Very good with the small-medium bumps so far and seems very stiff, but I have not hit anything hard yet. I had a Fox 36 160 on it before that. The shock is a Manitou Swinger Expert (with the can) and it has worked very well. I have had Marz 55s on front (I am a big fan of the Micro Ti) and used the Fox Float RP23 (OK only). I think a lot of what you get depends on how you ride. You may not need 160 up front if you emphasize more of a trail bike. That Manitou Mattoc looks interesting with the ability to change travel.

mtbr member
    Thank you Sooner518 and Clyde rash for your replies.
    I'm leaning towards Rock Shox. Most likely Pike 160 up front. Not sure which shock though. Can anyone make a suggestion as to which Rock Shox shock is a best match for Blur LTC?
    Reason I like RS is their service manual looks very well written with excellent graphics.
    I think it's ******** to have to send your suspension in every 100 hours when it should be able to be worked on at home.

Gangreen
    Aug 2008
    I'm running the RP23 with a Vorsprung big volume air can. It transformed the shock from a stiff/wallow/stiff progression to a soft/firm/stiff progression. Sweet

mtbr member
    So long trusty BLTc. Hello Nomad!

b a n n e d
    ^^^ Nice.

My 2010 BLT is also nearing the end of its lifecycle. I don't know what I want next though. Considerations include the Mach6, HD3, and Bronson. I'd also consider the 5010, especially if my hunch is correct about this new mystery SC bike.
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    So long trusty BLTc. Hello Nomad!

Huge congrats!!
    Enjoy the beast

mtbr member
    Lucky guy here. Willie at Santa Cruz and my LBS worked out all the details. Im super grateful to have the new frame.

Wheels are getting built as we speak and Ill be building her up with a mix of new stuff and stuff im pulling off my BLTc

b a n n e d
    So this was a warranty/crash replacement?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    So this was a warranty/crash replacement?
    warranty replacement. had a small crack on the headtube (picture is here: Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread - Page 45- Mtbr.com)

was able to salvage the SC rider badge though....

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Hey fellas, I am a Blur LT Carbon rider from Germany, and I need a little help. As a Santa Cruz owner, I am a very small minority in Europe as they are very expensive here, so the community is not very big. So I came here, and this thread is amazing, even though I haven't read all of it ;-)

So I am looking to replace the RP23 Boost Valve stock shock on my Blur LT Carbon. I could get my hands on a Fox CTD shock with Kashima for 150 Euros (170 USD), but I am not sure if
    a) this is the best option (I've seen some folks here with bigger air cans and piggyback dampers)
    b) what the damping tune would need to be.

Reasons for replacing it: I blow through the travel a little too often with my current shock, and the rebound and compression tune seems too low. I guess the shock also needs a service (rebuilt the air can but the damping has not been touched by me), but the new damper would almost be the same cost as a full rebuild.

So those who have replaced the stock shock on their Blur, what did you choose, how does it work and what damping tune was it?

FWIW, I have a 32 Fox Float 150 in the front. Used to run a RS Lyrik, but since I got my Banshee Rune, the Santa has gone on a diet since I have the Rune for the rough stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Hey fellas, I am a Blur LT Carbon rider from Germany, and I need a little help. As a Santa Cruz owner, I am a very small minority in Europe as they are very expensive here, so the community is not very big. So I came here, and this thread is amazing, even though I haven't read all of it ;-)

So I am looking to replace the RP23 Boost Valve stock shock on my Blur LT Carbon. I could get my hands on a Fox CTD shock with Kashima for 150 Euros (170 USD), but I am not sure if
    a) this is the best option (I've seen some folks here with bigger air cans and piggyback dampers)
    b) what the damping tune would need to be.

Reasons for replacing it: I blow through the travel a little too often with my current shock, and the rebound and compression tune seems too low. I guess the shock also needs a service (rebuilt the air can but the damping has not been touched by me), but the new damper would almost be the same cost as a full rebuild.

So those who have replaced the stock shock on their Blur, what did you choose, how does it work and what damping tune was it?

FWIW, I have a 32 Fox Float 150 in the front. Used to run a RS Lyrik, but since I got my Banshee Rune, the Santa has gone on a diet since I have the Rune for the rough stuff.
    If you want to improve your BLTc riding go with a CC Inline.
    I did and it's WAY better that the Fox thing it came with and the BOS Vip'r i had before the Inline.
    I'm in Europe too and happen to have an almost brand new 216x63 CC Inline for sale if you're interested (shoot me a pm if you are).

If you don't want a CC Inline, just keep the RP23 and have it serviced, changing it for a CTD is pointless and will probably even make things worse. I hate CTD.....

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'd suggest look to have the shock custom tuned. The result would be far better than any off the shelf replacement. Contact TF Tuned in the UK or perhaps there is a custom suspension tuner in Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Thanks for the quick answers. DB Inline is an awesome idea. I have the DB Air on my Rune, and for my weight the XV air can is unnecessary (read full of spacers by now), but the damping works great. The VPP really doesn't need a lockout or platform damping, I've always had mine at stage 1 even on uphills, so it wouldn't be missed.

I have been looking at the DB Inline for a while now, but always viewed it as too expensive. I see quite a few people selling theirs from their stock Specialized Enduros though.
    The second thing is: On the plus side, Cane Creeks have this awesome adjustment range, on the negative side, they have this awesome adjustment range...
    without a base tune you're left to tinker on your own. I have seen a few people asking for base tunes in the Cane Creek lounge, never checked back to see if they got an answer.

UPDATE here's a picture of my bike.
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-1786703-9axwm06d4jlq-img_2373-large.jpg

mtbr member
    i had a DBInline on my BLTc as well and thought it worked very well. Id sell you mine but I live in the US and shipping might be prohibitively expensive. Its on my Nomad now but im looking at switching it out for a Vivid soon

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    It seems a lot of people are throwing the DB Inline out of their Specialized Enduros (beats me why they'd do that, but whatever). You can get them for around 200 euros here slightly used. Why are you throwing yours out?

The cost for a new one is a joke, like always they sell cheap to OEMs and screw the end users over to balance it out.

The single biggest advantage of the DB in general is the lack of a factory "tune". The adjustment range is so big that they don't need to do that. Which may make it more difficult to set up, but at least you can buy one in good faith no matter what bike it came off.

EDIT oh damn, it seems the ones from the Enduros are actually different? In what way, does anyone know?

mtbr member
    It seems a lot of people are throwing the DB Inline out of their Specialized Enduros (beats me why they'd do that, but whatever). You can get them for around 200 euros here slightly used. Why are you throwing yours out?

The cost for a new one is a joke, like always they sell cheap to OEMs and screw the end users over to balance it out.

The single biggest advantage of the DB in general is the lack of a factory "tune". The adjustment range is so big that they don't need to do that. Which may make it more difficult to set up, but at least you can buy one in good faith no matter what bike it came off.

EDIT oh damn, it seems the ones from the Enduros are actually different? In what way, does anyone know?
    yea, the Enduro requires an Enduro specific shock. basically the Enduro requires a shock to have a different mounting hardware than basically every other shock on the planet. super annoying. and you cant use the Enduro-specific shock on any other bike basically.

Enduro-specific DBInline below (I dont know why this has a Fox shock in the pic, just disregard that. just a pic i found online):
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-914773d1407743363-new-inline-double-barrel-cane-creek-august-2014-045-50pc.jpg

I've also heard (anectdotally) that the Enduro design places a lot of stress on the shock, basically sideloading the shock with a lot of force at times, which causes a lot of the problems people have had with DBInlines..... dont know how accurate that is, but ive read that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Looking for upper link for LTC

Hello fellow LTC fans,

I'm looking for the upper linkage for my ~2010 LT carbon (pic attached). I was having my shock tuned, and during the final install the mechanic discovered that the linkage is cracking. So now I have a sweet tune for a broken bike...

This part doesn't show up on the SC website, is out of stock everywhere else, and I'm starting to worry that it doesn't exist any more. So I'm wondering if anyone on the thread here has an old (but not cracked) linkage that they want to sell (or donate)? My LBS has a call in to Santa Cruz, but that's taking a while (and I bought the bike used) so I'm exploring other options.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

UPDATE: I think I jumped the gun here. LBS eventually got in touch with Santa Cruz, and a new upper link is on its way. Hoping for many more happy years on my bike. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.
    Name:  scs-04-05111.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  11.9 KB
    Last edited by ibturkey; 12-18-2015 at 10:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ibturkey View Post
    Hello fellow LTC fans,

I'm looking for the upper linkage for my ~2010 LT carbon (pic attached). I was having my shock tuned, and during the final install the mechanic discovered that the linkage is cracking. So now I have a sweet tune for a broken bike...

This part doesn't show up on the SC website, is out of stock everywhere else, and I'm starting to worry that it doesn't exist any more. So I'm wondering if anyone on the thread here has an old (but not cracked) linkage that they want to sell (or donate)? My LBS has a call in to Santa Cruz, but that's taking a while (and I bought the bike used) so I'm exploring other options.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
    Name:  scs-04-05111.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  11.9 KB
    Try calling or emailing (Ill PM you an email address of the guy at SC who helps me a lot) Santa Cruz yourself. I usually get a response same day or next day. and their website is not always updated with what replacement parts they have. I bet they have your upper link in stock somewhere.

I got a new lower link from them maybe 6 months back for my old BLTc and its not listed on their site.

In fact, if anyone needs a practically new BLTc lower link, PM me and ill sell to you for relatively cheap.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    techsupport@santacruzbicycles.com has always worked fine for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    OK I see the Specialized DB Inlines are out. They only have one "eye" and a rectangular thing on the can when you remove the special piece.

Has anyone tried the Rockshox Monarch Plus with DebonAir or without on the Blur LT Carbon? I kind of think the large volume air can of the DebonAir is too much, but I haven't tried of course. Would welcome feedback on this.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Still looking for an upper link for a Blur LTc or LT2

Hey, I posted a couple of weeks ago
    (Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread - Page 46- Mtbr.com) because the upper link on my LTc cracked. I finally got through to Santa Cruz and learned definitively that this part is no longer in stock, and won't be in the future. So I'm asking again:

Does anyone here have an upper link for a ~2010 Blur LTc or LT2 that they want to sell or donate?

I'm still waiting to hear if SC is going to offer me anything (I bought the bike used), but what I would REALLY like is to just get my current bike back on the trail.

Thanks in advance for any help.

mtbr member
    Hey, I posted a couple of weeks ago
    (Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread - Page 46- Mtbr.com) because the upper link on my LTc cracked. I finally got through to Santa Cruz and learned definitively that this part is no longer in stock, and won't be in the future. So I'm asking again:

Does anyone here have an upper link for a ~2010 Blur LTc or LT2 that they want to sell or donate?

I'm still waiting to hear if SC is going to offer me anything (I bought the bike used), but what I would REALLY like is to just get my current bike back on the trail.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    I stripped my BLTc when I had it warrantied. I have one, a carbon one.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm keen on buying an XL Blur LTc 2013 or later. Hit me up if you got one you wanna offload.
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Blur LTc Replacement Upper Link - FOUND

Just to close the loop on this, I found a new alloy upper link for my LTc at Jungle Products, a UK distributor for Santa Cruz. The part is SANTA CRUZ BLUR LT 2.2 UPPER LINK - ALLOY, located here:
    Santa Cruz Blur LT 2.2 upper link - Alloy from Jungle Products | Jungle Products Ltd

Jungle only ships to the UK, so I had to use a reshipping service (Borderlinx). It came to just over $100 US including new bearings. Shout out to Pau11y for offering his used carbon link, but I'm pretty stoked to get a new part.

mtbr member
    Just to close the loop on this, I found a new alloy upper link for my LTc at Jungle Products, a UK distributor for Santa Cruz. The part is SANTA CRUZ BLUR LT 2.2 UPPER LINK - ALLOY, located here:
    Santa Cruz Blur LT 2.2 upper link - Alloy from Jungle Products | Jungle Products Ltd

Jungle only ships to the UK, so I had to use a reshipping service (Borderlinx). It came to just over $100 US including new bearings. Shout out to Pau11y for offering his used carbon link, but I'm pretty stoked to get a new part.
    Congrats man! I was a bit nervous selling you my old link, to be honest...since I know they tend to crack.
    Hey, but keep an eye out on the lower main pivot eyes. That's where mine cracked, and they let me choose my replacement frame (ended up w/ a Nomad 3, Miami Vice colors).
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    How does that reshipping service work?

Seems pretty lame of Santa Cruz not supporting their older models with parts. Especially so for a frame that isn't even five years old.
    Last edited by Spacer; 01-22-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Basically, you tell the reshipping service what you want to order and they buy it for you (Jungle Products only accepts credit cards from the UK) and have it shipped to their UK facility. Then they ship it on to the US, dealing with customs etc. You pay for this service, but they have a shipping calculator on their website so you can figure out how much it will cost ahead of time.

I'm sure there are other companies doing the same thing, Borderlinx was just the first and most legit-seeming one I found. They have good info on their website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    For the Blur LTc, when exactly did they convert the rear axle to 12x142? I'm under the assumption that it was 2013, but I've now attempted to buy two different LTc's that have the 2013 paintjob style and are advertised as 2013 but still have the standard QR.

I'm confused. Did SC make the Blur LTc differently throughout 2013? Did they produce the LTc at all in 2014?
    **I don't subscribe to threads. Just PM me if you have a question/comment for me. **

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey, I´m hoping I can find some help in here. I have a Monarch Plus RC3 fitted to my Blur LTc, tune is M/L. I have 30% sag and rebound fully open but it just doesn´t seem to work, specially when dealing with high frecuency hits (like when going over ruts at speed). Shock doesn´t seem to be able to recover or something, it feels like it packs up. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisingrassia View Post
    For the Blur LTc, when exactly did they convert the rear axle to 12x142? I'm under the assumption that it was 2013, but I've now attempted to buy two different LTc's that have the 2013 paintjob style and are advertised as 2013 but still have the standard QR.

I'm confused. Did SC make the Blur LTc differently throughout 2013? Did they produce the LTc at all in 2014?

I believe Santa Cruz made the axle switch in late 2013. I bought mine in late 2013 and it came with 12X142 rear and iscg tabs. I do not think they made the Blur LTC after 2013. I think they only made the Blur TR after 2013.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I've been away for a bit, but here's an update of my situation:
    After reading some articles from people who changed the shocks on their VPP bikes, most have gone in the direction of bigger volume air cans (relative to the RP23 Fox which is ridiculously small really).
    I have seen some enthusiastic reviews of people who used RS Monarch Plus RC3, but I haven't been able to find decent info on the shock tunes that they used.
    RockShox recommends L/L for a leverage ratio of 2.2 (which is what the Blur LT has got), but there are almost no shocks on the market with such a tune. Most are M/L (first is rebound?), and some people ride M/M and say it feels good.
    Does anyone have more information on the shock tune that would fit? This is my trail bike, so I am aiming for small bump compliance and smaller jumps, not the big hits.

mtbr member
    I have seen some enthusiastic reviews of people who used RS Monarch Plus RC3, but I haven't been able to find decent info on the shock tunes that they used.
    RockShox recommends L/L for a leverage ratio of 2.2 (which is what the Blur LT has got), but there are almost no shocks on the market with such a tune. Most are M/L (first is rebound?), and some people ride M/M and say it feels good.
    Yes on LV air can...
    Homework: Monarch RC3 Plus shim stack

Time to get your mitts dirty
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dsc_8401.jpg

Blur LT Carbon Setup Thread-dsc_8406.jpg

Upgraded my wife to a LTc from a 09 LT. She says its a better bike in every way.

Now we play the waiting game for the 11 speed SLX to be released to the public so we can ditch the front derailleur and go 1x.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Members who have read this thread: 9