mtbr member

Blur 4x. Shock stroke 2.25 okay?

G'day,
    I am wondering if anyone runs a 2.25 stroke length instead of the 2.0 ?

If so are there any issues with doing this, it's not a large difference but I'm guessing there may be clearance issues?

Thanks.

Boyeeee
    I contacted SC about doing this a couple of years ago and was told that it wouldn't work. I'm guessing you'll get rear tire contact on the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Thanks SCBlur,

Yes, I let the air out of my leaking 5th element shock to check and there is only about 1/2" (10-12mm) of clearance under a bridging support at the top of the rear swingarm. With the extra .25" (7mm) it would be really cutting it fine and leaving no room for debri to pass through.

Thanks.

Boyeeee
    Does that shock have an internal bottom out bumper? If so, you have even less room than that on full compression.

hands up who wants to die
    I just sent a 2.25" Vivid to PUSH for tuning for my 4X. They told me 2.25" wouldn't work and installed a .25" spacer for an extra $20.

I'm still looking forward to the improved performance of the Vivid (esp. custom tuned) over the RP3 I had. Won't have a chance to ride it for a couple more weeks.

-r
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    my mtb videos: http://vimeo.com/album/6861

Boyeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    I just sent a 2.25" Vivid to PUSH for tuning for my 4X. They told me 2.25" wouldn't work and installed a .25" spacer for an extra $20.

I'm still looking forward to the improved performance of the Vivid (esp. custom tuned) over the RP3 I had. Won't have a chance to ride it for a couple more weeks.

-r
    I'm running a Push'd Vanilla RC on mine with a spacer to shorten it from 2.25" to 2".

I've tried a 5th Air, Marz Roco R, Float AVA RL, Push'd Float AVA RL. I like the Push'd coil the best.