mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Blur 4X owners advice (newbie)

Hello

I've owned a Heckler (medium) for 18months and a Chameleon (medium) currently. I loved my Heckler- maybe a little tight in the cockpit (22inch TT) but it was always reliable- fancied a change and switched to my Chameleon which is fantastic for control, berms and technical however of course on a long ride your back is abit sore.

Two things- firstly I regret selling the heckler however this is a great opportunity to get 'the same' but without the bob and the 'do-all'?? (I wont be) married in with the chuckability of the Chameleon- best of both worlds?

I've been offered a 4X frame (5th air) in large for the cost price- its the bikeshop mechanics. Is this a sturdy frame that will continue to take whats thrown at it? (I saw the pic of the 10foot drop ).....just abit worried about the frame failing due to abuse?

Got A Lust for Life...
    Were you worried about the Heckler failing? I wouldn't worry about the 4X either. The head tube junction is identical. The tubes are ovalized in a similar fashion. Some have surmised that it is indeed the same front triangle w/ different angles. Not sure if that is true, but just looking at it it seems to be the case. I am thinking about moving to a 4X as well. For the sprinting aspect. I like to get out of the saddle...on the heckler that is not a good thing.
    I am immune to your disdain.