mtbr member
    Dec 2005

BLT2 bearings/grease ports

Just curious what you BLT2 owners of the new bearing design and grease ports. I have an intense 5.5, the lower link squawks all the time no matter what I do. Intense says they are making a grease port retro fit kit for their bikes that is somewhat similar to the design of the BLT2. Do the new bearings and grease ports take care of the dreaded creak?

cup
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    wrong information post. sorry
    Last edited by cup; 08-12-2008 at 08:44 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    the blt2s are too new to know if it is a problem yet. Prob. in half a year or so. Is good that Intense will sell retrofit linkages.
    Last edited by Loll; 08-12-2008 at 06:10 PM.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    So far doing fine although my lowest zerk came out, tapped back in, seems OK. Did get a bit of wood in the ball bearing zerk orifices but cleaned them out with a pin knife. I like the idea but might think a future design with nylon plugs that you remove and use a fitting like Crank Bros use for their pedals to inject grease and remove would be less prone to damage.
    I think the locking thru bolts that SC BLT2's incorporate now should effectively reduce the noise vs the previous type as well as decreasing the "cut out"s in some linkages to keep dirt/water out. Time will tell.

emtb.pl
    Same here - no creaks or any other noise.
    Giving it a hard time since middle may

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Those grease fittings look like they were designed for the automotive industry. You can get rubber boots for them so they don't get clogged up with dirt.

I'm surprised they did not go the Turner style of grease fitting.

-Sp

Quote Originally Posted by pakdoc
    So far doing fine although my lowest zerk came out, tapped back in, seems OK. Did get a bit of wood in the ball bearing zerk orifices but cleaned them out with a pin knife. I like the idea but might think a future design with nylon plugs that you remove and use a fitting like Crank Bros use for their pedals to inject grease and remove would be less prone to damage.
    I think the locking thru bolts that SC BLT2's incorporate now should effectively reduce the noise vs the previous type as well as decreasing the "cut out"s in some linkages to keep dirt/water out. Time will tell.