Thread: BLT 2 creaking?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

BLT 2 creaking?

Anybody having any creaking issues with their Blur LT2? I've just about had it with my BLT1 . After multiple visits to different LBSs, nobody can cure the creaks for more than 100 miles. Always returns. Thinking about getting a BLT2 frame - but only if your experience shows the creaking problems are solved. Thanks.

emtb.pl
    Quote Originally Posted by mfiles
    Anybody having any creaking issues with their Blur LT2? I've just about had it with my BLT1 . After multiple visits to different LBSs, nobody can cure the creaks for more than 100 miles. Always returns. Thinking about getting a BLT2 frame - but only if your experience shows the creaking problems are solved. Thanks.
    !LOL! no creaking on my LT2 since may.
    Try putting some antiseize on the shafts/axles in both lower pivots - it did help on my LT1
    I can bet TNC will be here soon:P

iby
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I got my BLT2 over the summer, I ride 2 or 3 times a week and DO have creaking pivots. I have used the grease gun serverals times which helps! but the creaking keeps coming back.

Seriously not happy after all the marketing aimed at the 'creak free' pivots.

Also i find dirt gets compacted into the lowest bleed port pushing the ball bearing into the lower link housing.... water and dirt must get in because when left to stand a drop of water has usually formed (and the ball bearing is pushed back out again from the presure of the grease)

Its going back to the shop when i get time and hopefully they will be able to sort it out.

Awsome bike, but dont belive the (marketing) hype. Buyer beware!

Got A Lust for Life...
    I've had mine since May. I've dunked it many times and it has developed a creak. I have no idea where from as it comes and goes. Could have been the crank, could have been the frame. The plus is how easy it is to take the links apart. Well, that and the bike is an absolute rocket.
    I am immune to your disdain.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I got my since first week in July and haven't have any problem. Keeping my finger crossed.

Since I gotten the bike, I have not wash it. Every weekend, I usually get a wet towel to just wipe it down. Wet, but not dripping water wet, making sure that there is absolutely zero water going to the pivots.

My riding involve dirt jumping, XC, road, and some light FRing/ DH.

The bike is amazing though, in the sense that yesterday morning I spend an hour at the intermediate section of the dirt jumps and it did decently, then I drove over to the local trail to meet a friend and did a 4 hrs semi-epic ride, and even toward the end, I still had enough energy to enjoy the trail, playing with things off to the side.

In my mind it went from a B+ to an A- rating just from yesterday. You will like it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    i have a blt1 and have no creaking problems. like above poster said when washing it, just wipe around the pivots.

icy
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Got blt2 in June and rode four time a week all summer which included many wet rides and it is perfectly quiet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I've had mine for 3 months and there are no creaks yet. Hoping it stays that way.

pin it to win it
    Nov 2005
    have been pounding on a lt2 in and around Downieville since june and have no creaks at all and i have been greasing the lower pivots once a month.

sinner
    Jan 2007
    Check the DU bushings in the shock. I got a little creak and that was where the culprit lived. Pressed out the old ones and pressed in new ones and blammo. Creaky gone.

MEDBLKANOSCBLT2RP23
    No creaks since late July, greased once with gun. The RP23 does "wheeze" with ProPedal off.
    Washing is bad, very bad and makes my Blur Classic start creaking immediately (after it dries). Even a ride in light rain does it and will until I take it all apart and regrease.

emtb.pl
    Come to think of it i havent washed it either.
    With all anodized bieks I just use medium/hard brush and no moisture. I don't care that much if it's clean or perfectly clean.
    I ride in rain a lot though and no creaks.

Busted!!!
    Mine hasnt creaked yet, and it gets washed with Simple green and water atleast once a week, since July. Im meticulous about my maintenance, and the thing seems rock solid.

I do hate the "squeek" the RP23 has though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I've had mine for almost 2 months. The pivot which attaches the rear triangle to the carbon link backed out and developed play. I took it to my lbs and they 'fixed' it be tightening the axle too much, which then became a squeaky, binding suspension. I took the axle out, used anti-seize instead of grease, tightened everything up and have been a happy owner since. SC warranty told the lbs that a few bikes had this axle coming loose, which was causing play, but didn't know why. I guess they were sending some new hardware in case it happened again, or so I'm told. I was getting pretty frustrated, but it is a great bike overall and would definitely buy again.