ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Best spring rate for my weight!!

Im about to buy a new spring (may be a Ti one...) as the stock spring is too soft (350)for my weight(190lb with gear), this goes on a Heckler with a Fox Dhx shock...I have checked different spring rate calculators and, as none of them agrees on my best spring weight, I want you Heckler & Fox Dhx shock users to share your spring rate (keen told me he was using a 450 and he is 200lb...)so maybe the 450 spring its a bit heavy for my weight??also, I want to know if there´s any problems in fitting a 5th element ti spring on a Fox dhx.....cheers!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Ban,
    I would not get a ti spring yet. Try out diff. springs 1st. get it right because a 400lbs might be perfect and a 450 to much or Vice Versa. Once you find out what works then get the ti.
    MCtigre

mtbr member
    According to a spring calculator I use, you need 459 lbs. or 450 to be exact. I'm 225-230 and use a 550 which is perfect for me.
    Get over it!

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    According to a spring calculator I use, you need 459 lbs. or 450 to be exact. I'm 225-230 and use a 550 which is perfect for me.
    okay, cheers for the advice!,btw, which calculator did you use??cheers!

Members who have read this thread: 0