mtbr member
    Apr 2004

BEST custom paint shots!!

Come on! No one is going to disagree that these ARE the best custom paint one can do to his bike, right?

The is the first ever ride on my NEW Heckler, judging from the mud on it, you know that I am loving it since its first ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Stupid signs!

Don't know what's up with the government departments here in HK, just MTB seems to be very unwelcome...

Even the official association for cycling, the HK Cycling Association. We have only 4 to 5 official races for MTB each year!! There are road races every week and only a handful of MTB, that's really unfair...

Envy you guys living in a country that can ride everywhere and won't afraid get arrested, and can race a lot in every level, from sport class to pro...
    Attached Images Attached Images

All Mt, DH
    Yes Ernest I know what u mean.

I'm in Hong Kong too and of what few trails there are it seems the governament is concrete happy... slapping it around....
    2007 Blur 4x
    2009 Driver 8

The king is on fire
    how is that maxxis tubeless setup working for you?
    Have fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteJdm
    how is that maxxis tubeless setup working for you?

Amazing. I am running a UST HighRoller on the back with Stan's solution. And the front, is a wire bead non-UST HighRoller ST 2.35, but now used as tubeless with Stan's solution, without any rim strip, just the Mavic 819 and the HR tire.

Both tire has never been flat since mounted. Normally, I have two pairs of wheels, a pair of ZTR olympic with 240s hubs for some XC stuff, and these in the pic with 819 and HighRollers. I seldom ride any pavement with these tires, so they wears slowly.

The rear UST tire has been on there for 5 months now, flats free. 2 scoops of Stan's solution and never add anymore, there is still some left, I can tell by shaking the rear wheel.

The front non-UST tire is about the same as the front, 2 scoops, no flats at all. Just it has been on there for about 2 months, I changed it from the UST version to save weight.

Stan's is really amazing, everyone should use them with 819 or any UST rim with non-UST tire. In this way, no more flats and weight is saved!

Headhunter on 2 wheels

Hua-ren

Hi Ernest, i'm running non-ust tioga tires with stan's sealant on mavic 321 and they are a really neat. It's been two months now and had a flat on my rear a couple weeks ago.

I had a flat once a couple weeks ago and found out later that i didn't used enough sealant. Refilled it and haven't had a problems since. I would recommend using non ust rims/tires to make the conversion if you wanna safe some weight but remember to use tires that's got a thicker sidewall.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing" - Travis Deane

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cy6ex
    Hi Ernest, i'm running non-ust tioga tires with stan's sealant on mavic 321 and they are a really neat. It's been two months now and had a flat on my rear a couple weeks ago.

I had a flat once a couple weeks ago and found out later that i didn't used enough sealant. Refilled it and haven't had a problems since. I would recommend using non ust rims/tires to make the conversion if you wanna safe some weight but remember to use tires that's got a thicker sidewall.

Just anything from that Stan's guy is great.

I'd use UST rims though. You won't going to save much or even any weight using non-UST rim, because you still have to add the weight of that rubber rim-strip, which is about 55g for a normal size rim and more for wider DH rims. And, when using a UST rim, you know there is not going to be any leak due to your rim, just that your seal is not good, and you are not leaking from the rim-strip.

Just my 2%, but all in all, I think that both UST or non-UST rim conversion is really great. His product should be in some kinda hall of fame for any mountain bike product.

Knomer
    Somebody left a piece of pizza on top of your seatpost.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Where did ya get that blue seat collar?

What are you looking at?
    I got busted for building jumps and I've been yelled at countless time for skateboarding so I know what it's like...
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drumbum
    Where did ya get that blue seat collar?
    That's just a hope seat clamp in andoized blue, nothing special, you can buy it easily on e-bay or lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Somebody left a piece of pizza on top of your seatpost.

Sorry, I don't get it. What did you mean?

What are you looking at?
    lol...
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Lam
    Probably talking about that rediculous seat...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Lam
    it means that your saddle looks like a pie of pizza...
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.