Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Attn new Heckler owners with XT front derailleur

788 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  yfdcap 
#1 ·
Does your FD rattle in the middle ring?

I ask because mine does and it's driving me nucking futz. I have no idea how to fix it either

#3 ·
It could just be the LBS...

It's really flat where I ride so I spend most of my time in the big ring up front and the smallest 3 in the back. I don't have trouble in the middle ring (I run an XT front derailleur), but nobody at the LBS can keep the chain from rubbing on the outer plate of the cage. Talk about driving me nuts!?! Can anyone give me any advice to pass on? I'm a horrible mechanic!

#5 ·
historeeteacher said:
It's really flat where I ride so I spend most of my time in the big ring up front and the smallest 3 in the back. I don't have trouble in the middle ring (I run an XT front derailleur), but nobody at the LBS can keep the chain from rubbing on the outer plate of the cage. Talk about driving me nuts!?! Can anyone give me any advice to pass on? I'm a horrible mechanic!
Sometimes the cage needs to be tweaked with pliers or a screwdriver(very slightly). This is not just a B.S. fix. Some of the best shops out there do this. It works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.