Mtbr minion
    May 2006

Attention Carbon/Blue Nomad C owners

How is the paint finish on your frame? Does it seem really thin and have weird spots that look like grease stains? I just received my new frame and you can see the carbon weave on the top tube through the paint.

Just wondering if this is normal.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Mine is exactly the same.

Had the frame for 6 months, and have ridden it harder than any bike I have owned before it and its still going strong, unlike my SB66 which was in for warranty 3 times over a similar period.

Paint wise I find it chips quite easily, but being a predominately black bike it is not very visible. That being said I have protected the most vulnerable areas since day one with a frameskin.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Can you tell me more about your experience with frameskin? I have the green nomad C and have already put many scrapes in the finish. Just leaning the bike against a rock the other day took out a hunk. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb123 View Post
    Mine is exactly the same.

Had the frame for 6 months, and have ridden it harder than any bike I have owned before it and its still going strong, unlike my SB66 which was in for warranty 3 times over a similar period.

Paint wise I find it chips quite easily, but being a predominately black bike it is not very visible. That being said I have protected the most vulnerable areas since day one with a frameskin.