Threading freely...

Anyone running a new dual MRP LRP chainguide on a Blur LT? Or any new no-mod setups?

I had a single ring gamut that barely fit, and it was rather noisy. Now I need a double ring chainguide, but I don't want to have to make modifications, or have a loud device ruining the quiet of my trail rides. Does anyone use one of those BB mount new MRP LRP with the fin that prevent's BB foul?

There are a few threads on the forum, but I couldn't find people running the most recent versions of the MRP LRP BB.

Anyone here running another successful dual ring chainguide setup on a Blur LTC without needing to do mods?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    I recently picked up a Blur LT for my winter project and I wanted a 1x10 drivetrain. I searched the Internet (and of course MTBR) for weeks trying to figure out what chainguide would work. I even started a lengthy e-mail conversation with the designer of the Silent Guide from Straitline Components. Bottom line... I found nothing that worked well, or without modification. The lower VPP link is just in a bad spot and it won't let you setup a lower guide pulley at the right angle, so it doesn't provide much tension. It can be done, but it's not really optimal.

I've settled on the Freechucker guide from E.13 (no bottom pulley) and lots of protection on on the chainstay.

Threading freely...
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, I have been having a hard time finding something that would work. Unfortunately, the Freechucker is only single-ring, so that won't do.