Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone get their Bronson yet?

I ordered mine the first week, just curious if anyone has one yet?

Warrior's Society
    Local shop around here has already recieved a couple of them last week.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Ordered my BronsonC SPXAM April 2nd.
    i'm told it shouldn't be much longer.
    I'm in Phoenix,AZ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Local shop around here has already recieved a couple of them last week.
    where is "around here"
    Last edited by flyinmike; 04-23-2013 at 09:47 AM.

mtbr member
    I ordered mine on April 5th, also in Phoenix.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ordered mine not last Friday but the Friday before and I was riding it last Wednesday. Took it to Sea Otter last Friday.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Biker's Edge in Utah has a bunch in stock

GMM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsdad View Post
    Ordered mine not last Friday but the Friday before and I was riding it last Wednesday. Took it to Sea Otter last Friday.
    Impressions?

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinmike View Post
    where is "around here"

So. Cal.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I picked mine up Friday night. Im also in Phoenix, AZ area. I got the xt carbon build in medium. First ride was Saturday. Took it straight up National. Second ride was Javalina trail this am. So far I can tell you the 2.4 tires that came on in are already in the trash. 1100 grams each. No way could I spin those. They ve been replaced with Maxxis cross max 2.1 which not only are half the weight but roll way better. Replaced bars with carbon Enves and I'm waiting on a Kore 50mm stem to replace 70mm that came with bike.
    Riding impressions so far are the bike is not as fast on the flats as my carbon tallboy was. However everywhere else it's really good. I think it climbs really good and on the descents it's in a league of its own. I never really felt comfortable on my tallboy in the chunky/downhill sections we have in our area. Charles Bronson has exceeded my expectations already in that type of riding. I can only hope spending more time on it that it could only get better. Hope you others get yours soon.
    Last edited by Bronsondude; 04-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks Bronsondude - what kind of tires did it come with? I thought it was speced with high roller 2's?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsondude View Post
    I picked mine up Friday night. Im also in Phoenix, AZ area. I got the xt carbon build in medium. First ride was Saturday. Took it straight up National. Second ride was Javalina trail this am. So far I can tell you the 2.4 tires that came on in are already in the trash. 1100 grams each. No way could I spin those. They ve been replaced with Maxxis cross max 2.1 which not only are half the weight but roll way better. Replaced bars with carbon Enves and I'm waiting on a Kore 50mm stem to replace 70mm that came with bike.
    Riding impressions so far are the bike is not as fast on the flats as my carbon tallboy was. However everywhere else it's really good. I think it climbs really good and on the descents it's in a league of its own. I never really felt comfortable on my tallboy in the chunky/downhill sections we have in our area. Charles Bronson has exceeded my expectations already in that type of riding. I can only hope spending more time on it that it could only get better. Hope you others get yours soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    Thanks Bronsondude - what kind of tires did it come with? I thought it was speced with high roller 2's?
    Yes. It came with high roller 2.4s. I'm definitely not a fan. I'm sure they re a good downhill/shuttle tire. I ride more all mountain style trails and need a tire with a little more roll to it.

LCW
    mtbr member
    would you say the High Roller 2's roll worse than the original High Rollers ?
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    would you say the High Roller 2's roll worse than the original High Rollers ?
    Sorry. This is my first experience with this particular tire. I ve purchased Nevigals, ardents, and crossmarks to try. I wish Specialized made the fasttracks in 27.5. I think those in a 2.3 would really work good for where I ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    There are two Bronsons at my favorite shop just up the hill from Santa Cruz. If only I had $6k to drop on a bike. My truck isn't even worth that much.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Picking mine up from Steed in Vancouver tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronsondude View Post
    word is I should have mine by this friday
    too bad I can't make the trip up to Prescott for the Whiskey and a proper christening
    I figured the High Rollers would be a bit overkill for most of the stuff around Phoenix
    Let me know how the Crossmark's work out.. if they have decent roll combined with good edges they could really be a good choice
    Congrats on the new bike

cranktankerous Mainer
    I ordered an aluminum spx2x10am on 4/1, LBS said it should ship out by end of May.

There is a shop up Maine that has a few Bronson C's... but my LBS is pissed they didn't know about the bike release ahead of time... in fact, it was I, the customer, who informed them back in March, gave the LBS details and put money down on a bike that theoretically didn't exist yet.
    Been there, done that... don't remember it.
    Bronson, Tallboy & Highball

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Yep...and it doesn't suck.

mtbr member
    I went from Minion 2.5 EXO singly plys front and rear to swapping out the rear minion for a HRII 2.4 and it was the heaviest slowest rollling/climbing tire I ever felt in my entire riding career lol. It likely rolls very fast when pointed downhill/gravity assisted. but when on flat or climbing the thing is a slug. Huge gaps between the center treads. If you're a strong rider and don't care go for it but for trail riding they seemed ridiculous. This was the 26" version on my Mojo HD. Tire weighed in at 940 grams or so. The minion 2.5 was about 850 grams and isn't the fastest tire in the world but not nearly as bad. I also run a wtb weirwolf 2.3 tcs which weighs 920 grams but is fast as hell even with the weight.

mtbr member
    Hey Flyinmike -

What shop did you get yours from? I ordered mu=ine form Sunday Cucles on 4/5.

Thanks
    Mark

Ordered my BronsonC SPXAM April 2nd.
    i'm told it shouldn't be much longer.
    I'm in Phoenix,AZ

mtbr member
    Mark
    I got mine from Super Joe Berman @ Sunday Cycles
    that beautiful brown box just arrived today so yours should be very soon.
    I got lucky that it came today as everyone will be scrambling to get ready for the Whisky tomorrow
    Anyone get their Bronson yet?-photo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark194 View Post
    Hey Flyinmike -

What shop did you get yours from? I ordered mu=ine form Sunday Cucles on 4/5.

Thanks
    Mark

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Mark
    I got mine from Super Joe Berman @ Sunday Cycles
    that beautiful brown box just arrived today so yours should be very soon.
    I got lucky that it came today as everyone will be scrambling to get ready for the Whisky tomorrow
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	793472
    That's same build and color I got. congrats. Enjoy it. Super solid bike.

mtbr member
    Nice! I talked to Joe today and he said the end of May. I went with M BLK carbon XT build.

Congrats!

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    its here. will pick it up from the shop tomorrow and have it in time for the 4th/5th weekend.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast