mtbr member
    Oct 2007

anyone else miss the gangreene and orange?

Although the new colors are pretty cool, I am so glad I got the gangreene for my superlight when I had the chance. I guess I will have to build up my Blur LT2 when I am ready for the new bike with the liquid blue I think I will be a SC owner for life, so happy with my 07 superlight- bought the dxc build as my first FS bike and I think I have upgraded evey component in the last year or so of owning it (had a little upgraditis)!

Gangreen
    Aug 2008

Second Your Color Opinions

I agree, I have a Gangreen Heckler and I love the color. It just looks correct for outdoor pursuits. I recently bought some Dt Swiss bronze colored wheels that were take-offs from a Spesh Marathon, and they look amazing. Have you checked out the "Skidmark" color on the LT2? I haven't seen it in person, but if it's anywhre near as nice as the old SC "Root Beer" color, it will be a winner, and not near as common as the blue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    They have the skid mark color up on the website under the bike builder. Its interesting, would really have to see it in person though...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The gang green is starting to grow on me. But the new yellow, I really cant picture it on anthing other than the new nomad.

I also like the root beer color very much, the skidmark is so~so, some people like it, some dont. I expected more honestly.

I think I like the ano-orange a bit more than the PC orange.

Sand was ok, glad to see it go.

mtbr member
    I own an orange SL, so I don't miss it! Beauty color and look extemely well on forest background . Novadays I'll chose propably the red one (somehow on some fotos it's have a little pink background ) or mayby BLT skidmark.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    yeah i do miss the orange. I absolutely loved the orange powder coat on the heckler but unfortunately i would have had to wait like 2-3 months or more to get the frame. but there was a gangrene heckler at the shop my size (large) and i tried it out, and loved it. i still think back wishing it was orange but hey its just a color and with all the mud, i cant tell the difference

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Yeah my fav colour is orange I have a Heckler and Chameleon in orange and was thinking of a new Nomad in the spring would of liked 3 orange SC's may go for yellow :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I was missing the orange until I put my pennies down for a KAwasaki Green LT2....love it

mtbr member
    Glad I got the gang green, looks at home on the trail. I'm eyeing the BLT2 now, leaninig to the anno side

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Colors

I work at a bike shop that sales Santa Cruz bikes. We just received the new bikes last week, all the new colors are way bright compared to the previous colors. I like how the older colors had the darker tint to them. I think the new colors are a little to flashy, but I think the new red is pretty cool. But i don't think i can ride the new green or the yellow. I bought a SL last year in the liquid blue, but i really wanted the ganggreene. I was never a big fan of the orange color, but i'd definitely take it over the new green or yellow.

mtbr member
    my heckler in ganggreen,springcamo.....

http://forums.mtbr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1222624999

accu

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

The Orange collection

mtbr member

It's a shame...

Dang, the orange is my all time favorite color! Such a shame they did away with it. The Liquid Blue is still pretty cool. I like the idea of the Lime Green, but not completely sold. Something about the Yellow, Lime Green, and Red are just a little off, but I can't put my finger on it.

I actually ended up with a white Heckler because it was such an awesome deal. But, if given a choice for the same price, would have loved loved loved to get the orange.

Seems like there was a big push on the white near the end of the season from the Heckler Pic thread.

Gangreen
    Aug 2008
    Well, you can always get it painted for about the same price as a set of wheels. Spectrum Powder Works in Colorado does awesome work at a reasonable price and turnaround. I've had two road bikes painted by them over the years (including one in orange!) , and their work is impeccable. I also like Cyclart in Vista, CA , but they are higher priced and slower. I was thinking that I might get the Heckler repainted in a couple of years, wondering if a metallic maron/burgundy color would look cool (maybe with white components like brake levers/calipers, bars etc). Hmmmm

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

... and if we just ...

I have an 08' SL in lime green.....looks sick!! how come it does not show the lime green
    powdercoat on the SC site, is it a special order or are those the colors on the site for the 09' superlight's ?

Gangreen
    Aug 2008

Pic of '08 Gangreen

Pic of my '08 Gangreen, with a photoshop'd background courtesy of one of our artists here at work.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I may as well post a pic of mine...Too bad the Blur LT2 or new Nomad don't still come in gangreen, then my wife might not notice when I get a new frame.
    Last edited by GTV8; 10-03-2008 at 06:06 PM.