mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Anybody know where you can get a deal on 5010 / Solo C frame?

Just wondering if anybody knew of anything

mtbr member
    Define "deal."
    Lots of places will sell a bit below msrp.
    However, the online folks that offer no sales tax, cheap or free shipping, and competitive pricing are generally regarded by the retail paying consumer to be the shops that are offering deals on bikes in season.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I mean 10-20% off, no tax....that sort of thing

mtbr member
    Lots of LBS will sell 10% below Santa Cruz list price.
    For online-Competitive Cyclist and Colorado Cyclist will offer free shipping + no sales tax(depending on where you live) and sometimes will price match and offer better deals.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Backcountry.com (competitive cyclist) hooked me up with a great deal. Call/email/chat with them and see what they can do for you. I was very happy with how things worked out for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTony View Post
    Backcountry.com (competitive cyclist) hooked me up with a great deal. Call/email/chat with them and see what they can do for you. I was very happy with how things worked out for me.
    Thanks for telling me that MadTony! Will check it out. Willing to give some detail about your deal?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thelucky1 View Post
    Thanks for telling me that MadTony! Will check it out. Willing to give some detail about your deal?
    I lucked out and they let me use the 20% off coupon on the spx carbon build (before they changed the listed exclusions on the coupon.) I was halfway expecting them to cancel the order, but they shipped it to me without issue. They were very responsive to inquiries using their online chat thing too. Definitely a great experience. I would say it is probably going to be tough to find that kind of deal, but I would bet that you can get $400-500 off a similar build if you chat with them and ask about pricing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MadTony View Post
    I lucked out and they let me use the 20% off coupon on the spx carbon build (before they changed the listed exclusions on the coupon.) I was halfway expecting them to cancel the order, but they shipped it to me without issue. They were very responsive to inquiries using their online chat thing too. Definitely a great experience. I would say it is probably going to be tough to find that kind of deal, but I would bet that you can get $400-500 off a similar build if you chat with them and ask about pricing.
    Yes - I saw that and had the bike in my cart for a couple of days, when I went to checkout a few days later I noticed they had excluded the 20% off....so steamed

Does anyone's LBS have a large orange in stock?If anyone would be interested in brokering a deal pls let me know. I am being told they are back ordered for a month or so...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have one of the original ones with the Solo labling in orange size large with X-11 set up and drropper post. MSRP was almost $7000. I'll sell for $5200 shipped.
    Have upgraded rear hub from 18 eng to 36 and put heicoper protective tape over parts of frame that coould get hit. Bike it great shape. Just need $ otherwise would keep.
    Best trail bike I have ever had.