Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DigbyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    65

    Anybody Experiment w/140mm Fork on Superlight?

    I know it is not recommended, but wanted to see if anybody tried the setup. My girlfriend wanted it try it on her superlight. She loves that bike ,but would like a bit more travel up front.

    Just curious to see if anybody had any thoughts on the setup.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    381
    One of my pals has a 140mm fox float on his 2007 Superlight. He runs it with a load of sag to keep the geo nice. I was trying to find a picture of it.....

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DigbyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    65
    I installed offset shock bushings also to slacken ahead angle. it would be great to see a picture if you can find one.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    173

    Talas 140

    I'm running a 3 pos Talas (140-120-100).
    140 is nice for going down and it raises the low bb which helps a lot for the rocky socal trails I ride, but you do feel the difference climbing and in tight trail handling. I probably spend 80% of the time running @ 120mm with the other 20% @ 140 and never drop to 100mm.

    Anybody Experiment w/140mm Fork on Superlight?-slw.jpg

    I'm selling this bike btw to make way for a Blur TR. Trying to put in the classified if I can get it to stop crashing.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    173
    Bike is set at 120 in this pic

Similar Threads

  1. can you replace an 80mm travel fork with a 140mm fork
    By crankbrother in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 06:30 AM
  2. Best 140mm QR Fork?
    By bikenut316 in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
  3. Best 140mm fork
    By Evil Chocula in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
  4. Is this 140mm fork going to be ok on my On-One?
    By Finch Platte in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •