mtbr member
    Sep 2005

any Swinger x6 Coil on Nomad MK1 out there?

Hey! does anyone have a Manitou Swinger 6-Way Coil (2009 version) fitted in a Nomad Mk1?

I'm talking of this version: http://www.bikepedia.com/Images/imag...2.jpg&f=Hawley

The correct shock size for Mk1 (M size) is 8.5"x2.5" (216x 63mm), but now I'm a little worried about the bushings as I heard Manitou uses specific bushing with different size from other vendors. any comment on that?

From SC site: http://www.santacruzbikes.co.uk/site...aqs/nomad.html
    The mounting hardware is 22mm (21.8mm for rockshox products) wide with an 8mm through hole.

and what about the overall performance, does the Swinger 6 way handle the job for hammering the Nomad down some nasty rock gardens?

nomad + swinger owners, please comment!

cheers!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I run a progressive 5th coil(very similar) that felt ok in stock form but recently sent it to avalanche and now it works fantastic. It's a good shock but the spv is not really needed. It should feel pretty good but good luck finding hardware. I had a swinger 4 way air from my bullit I wanted to try and couldn't find the hardware anywhere. It may be out there but will definitely be hard to find.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecklerofhazzard
    ... good luck finding hardware. I had a swinger 4 way air from my bullit I wanted to try and couldn't find the hardware anywhere. It may be out there but will definitely be hard to find.
    Manipoo doesn't use the same HW as Fox?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    No, they want to be different for some reason.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanks for the feedback.
    yup, manitou bushing dimensions are different (14mm instead of 12mm I think).

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Manitou uses 12mm instead of 1/2" (or 12.7mm) as Fox and others.
    The other problem is, that Nomad Mk I uses non-standard shock mounting bolts - 3/8" or 9.53mm, instead of 8 or 10mm. So you need Manitou bushings with 3/8" mounting holes.
    I've mine at betd.co.uk, but I think you could get them elsewhere nearer

By the way 2009 Swinger has no SPV, it's SFS (or shim stack) version.
    Works smoother as DHX 5.0 coil and the piggyback volume is easier to adjust.