jam
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Any liquid blue Superlights out there?

Trying to decide on my next frame. Still considering a Turner Flux, but a Superlight looks like a great choice. I've seen the Ano grey which is divine, but are there any pics of liquid blue ones out there? Would love to see one built up!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

SL v flux

I love my SL. I had a Flux for a while, too. The flux was always harsher to me and didn't accelerate as well. I suspect the low pivot "active" design, my weight of 215# and a shock stroke length of only 1.5" combined to allow me to "overwhelm" the shock and blow through travel unless it was run at high pressure. Then it was harsh on all the little stuff. I never got comfortable now matter where it was tuned, bottoming out too much and still harsh on small/slow stuff. I even got the shock PUSH'd, but it still didn't work well for me.

Get the SL, and make sure you get a 120mm fork for it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Not sure about the liquid blue but i have a ano blue superlight and love the colour. Would agree that the 120mm fork is best. Havent tried the flux but can recommend the SL as long as you dont mind a low BB.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    i love my SL in PC White...shows all the dirt nicely, 120mm fox does the trick

mtbr member
    Heere is my Superlight I just sold in Liquid Blue..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legend
    Nov 2004
    Isn't that liquid blue the juliana colour? Could have sworn one was built up when I picked up my ano-blue one. FYI: the ano blue matches really pretty like with the Fox fork (the blue in the logo), and all the anodized bits. I think blue wheels would have made the bike perfect.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think mine is the anodized blue. The link to the pics is in the signature.
    '07 Superlight RXC build
    '98 Stumpjumper Comp

Pictures of the SL

jam
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    CHeers all, Ano blue looks hot!