mtbr member

Any Bronsons with CCDB Inline?

Looking to possibly replace my Float CTD and am intrigued by the Cane Creek Inline. Anyone running it on a Bronson yet? Wondering if it's worth it or am I better off with a piggy back shock. I like the inline because I don't lose the water bottle cage but don't want to sacrifice performance either. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Yep, I was going to get my Fox Pushed but as I had the basic Evo version it turned out that wasn't an option. Went for the Inline and couldn't be happier.

This is the first time I've upgraded a shock on a bike and I've no experience of piggyback shocks but the Inline has definitely transformed the Bronson for the better. The support and rear grip is amazing. Recommended!

Any Bronsons with CCDB Inline?-photo-6.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2005

knockbox...does the Inine fit the Bronson the other way around so the "air can" is towards the top mount....

I know that it might be more difficult to turn the climb switch on/off but I'd rather have dirt etc. run off the shock shaft...

Also care to share your tune...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have a medium 5010. I've installed it can up and down with the CS switch facing down. No problem with clearance. The only combination I can't speak of is can towards top mount with the CS switch up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post
    knockbox...does the Inine fit the Bronson the other way around so the "air can" is towards the top mount....

I know that it might be more difficult to turn the climb switch on/off but I'd rather have dirt etc. run off the shock shaft...

Hi, the air-can be mounted either way. Like you said, I mounted it that way to reach the CS easier!

As for my tune, I'm running it like this at the mo:

17mm sag
    No spacers
    HSC: 1-2
    LSC: 5
    HSR: 2.5
    LSR: 10

I've been adjusting the HSC depending on the kind of trail I'm riding, increasing it if there's jumps and drops. Haven't had any harsh bottom outs yet though the o-ring is usually about 3mm from the end after a ride.

Enjoy
    Sam.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gripo View Post

Yeah! I was also thinking about swapping it around on my 5010, as I did not like the idea of the dust and dirt collecting against the seal. Not sure if swapping it around would help going towards extending the seal life or not?