mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Anti seize instead of Rock and Roll Super Coat grease?

I had come crazy noise coming from the rear shock and upper link area on my Blur XC. The rear shock shaft snapped in half yesterday on the trail. The broken shaft pretty much froze to the upper link spacers. I couldn't get it out. I'm going to buy the Pro pack kit but I need to find suitable grease. Can I just use Anti seize instead of the rock and roll supre coat grease that Santa Cruz recommends?
    Last edited by 1max2nv; 07-14-2008 at 09:08 AM.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Rock & Roll products are great, but when it comes to pivot axles and such, SC still doesn't get it IMO. I don't think there's anything in the way of normal lubricants that will compete with antiseize...various brands...when it comes to metal-on-metal applications like pivot axles and such. Grease is the obvious choice for bearings and such, but nasty places like pivot axles do better and do it longer with antiseize...period.

However, I will add this edit at 10 hours later. The pivot links with grease zerks are definitely the way to go if you have them...like the newer generation of VPP bikes. When you can keep pumping grease in there with the simple application of a grease gun, antiseize won't be as big an issue.
    Last edited by TNC; 07-14-2008 at 07:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    what does IMO mean?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    In my opinion.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I called SC. They are going to warranty the bearing and the shaft. I think I can get the broken pieces of the shaft out of the spacers.