Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ano Colors for LT2

941 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Timm 
#1 ·
I know I know. . . Matte Black and Silver and stealth is f'ing cool as hell but I have this ridiculous need to ask for help on this retarded decision.

Going expensive and sick on my Skidmark Blur build. King, Hope, I9, Hadley, (a whole other decision making process) etc.

Narrowed it down to Red, Green or Blue for headset, hubs, BB, various bits (Maybe Gold)

Only King and Hope make green I think so that takes care of that as obviously King is the one ;)

And then of course you could get into the raceface full colored component packages and all that craziness. I'm thinking XT drivetrain to keep it from getting too rediculous looking at just doing the basic color matching components

Help a fellow Bling obsessing retard. :D

I remember the 90's and want to at least maintain the more modern and tasteful version of that spirit of the sport. I might get nuts and go full purple :thumbsup:

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
For bling, I think your option to go green would look great! I also think the Gold would be excellent aswell, especially if you were considering X0 2x10 or X0 for that matter.

#3 ·
Oh man. . . Narrowed down to 2.

Gold would be sick. Then I could go Hadleys. And that drivetrain would be ridiculous.

I did take a trip to hell the other night getting an XO rear trigger shifter back together and working after all things went bad on a cable change so I'm leaning towards Shimano. That Sram stuff sure is crisp though.

Maybe gold and green haha!

#4 ·
Timm said:
Oh man. . . Narrowed down to 2.

Gold would be sick. Then I could go Hadleys. And that drivetrain would be ridiculous.

I did take a trip to hell the other night getting an XO rear trigger shifter back together and working after all things went bad on a cable change so I'm leaning towards Shimano. That Sram stuff sure is crisp though.

Maybe gold and green haha!
I have never had that happen....I replace the cables 1-2 times a year in my SRAMs w/o a problem, but i guess lots of practice too! I have never had the "yo-yo" spring come unwound, come to think about it, they have absolutely been flawless year after year..and that is the whole entire system.

I think the only shortcomings that I have witnessed was the PG-980 Cassette that is split in the middle of the cassette, and R/D pullies being replaced after 4yrs of heavy abuse!

In my opinion, the SRAM system seems to be more robust, and requires less adjustment. Not to mention, looks better and costs less than the Shimano equivelent at every group level.

#6 ·
Looks like 2 to 1 Gold.

And I hear you on the Sram. My dumb a$$ pulled the trigger handle and guts underneath off the body of the pod and that was it. I have since realized it is as simple as hell to do if you be a little careful.

One or two more votes!

#7 ·
IMO gold would be more subtle (which I regard as a good thing).

I myself am building up a Skidmark BLT2 from Chainlove - here's what I will have (pretty much all bought at crazy eBay prices or other deep discounts):

- RS Revelation XX 150 fork
- XT Dyna-Sys drivetrain with 180mm cranks
- Formula R1 brakeset, 180mm F&R
- Hope Hoops wheels (black Hope Pro 2 hubs with black Notubes Flow rims) with 2.35" Maxxis High Rollers (will probably start with tubes and move to tubeless in the spring riding season)
- Thomson black straight post and X4 stem
- Syntace Vector Carbon Lowrider bar
- Cane Creek 110 headset, black
- Shimano XTR Trail pedals

#9 ·
I went with blue... Blue RaceFace Atlas AM cranks and Atlas FR bars, blue Hope headset (maybe seatclamp in the future)... Came out nice, only problem is, that blue on all three parts is slightly different :)
I've spent quite some time photoshoping the color combinations..
- red is out, too many builds like that, hate it already
- gold - dont really like it
- orange - cool, finished closed second, gives it a bit hippie look
- green - cool, but not many comapnies make green stuff and it's all ini different shades
- blue - best for me, gives a bit techy look to that warm skidmark color

I don't have a real photo yet, here is the photoshoped one:

Attachments

#10 ·
F$ck yes!!

That thing is beautiful!

Nice to know I'm not the only crazy one around here :D

The Blue looks sick.

Now I'm looking at all the blue stuff on my white heckler and thinking how easy and cheap it would be to swap it right over. Haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.