mtbr member

Am I Up Shiite Creek??

A couple of years ago I purchased a Nomad. I needed to buy some replacement parts and I decided to look at my receipt to see if there were some part numbers on the build sheet. I was flabbergasted to see my frame was listed as a medium, when I thought I was getting a large frame. The guy that helped me set up the bike when I bought it no longer works at the shop, and if he did I'm fairly certain he'd be able to help me out some how, some way.

I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs, and I've never felt completely comfortable on this bike....now I know why. But I have ridden it for two years, and don't feel completely comfortable walking into a shop and telling them they gave me the wrong size frame. The shop I bought the bike from does my tune up's and other repairs, and they've never been anything but cool to me.

Do I have any leg to stand on......or is it too late to fix the mix up?? I thought I'd run it by y'all first.

never ender
    Hmm, since it's been two years since you bought it an outright return probably won't happen. SC will usually pretty good about crash replacements, though, and if you go to the shop owner and tell him what happened, he'd probably work with you to score a size L front triangle for cheap.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I would be prepared to go half way with the shop, its always worth checking your frame measurments it maybe a mistake on the receipt

Doesnt ride Banshees
    I didn't feel comfortable on my medium and Willy worked with me to swap into a large mainframe for a reasonable price. If you have a good relationship with your shop then speak with the guy thats been there the longest and refresh his memory of who sold it to you and what you've recently found out. I think the fairest outcome would be for you to pay the straight up invoice price and shipping on a new mainframe. The shop rights it wrong and keeps you happy at the same time. Where its been two years, its unrealistic to expect anything for free at this point in time in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Try posting it for sale or trade?

Alot of people have purchased the wrong size frame and looking to fix it at little cost.

Also with the new frames coming out alot of people will be switching over.

just thoughts.

Good luck.

Rather than look at your receipt, try measuring the frame to make sure if it's a medium or not, could be a typo...at 6'2" hard to imagine you on a medium at all....
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    Rather than look at your receipt, try measuring the frame to make sure if it's a medium or not, could be a typo...at 6'2" hard to imagine you on a medium at all....
    I found out it is a large frame....I took it back to the shop that built it and all the paper work is wrong. They did all the measurements in front of me and called SC to verify. The funny thing is all the guys I ride with on Thursday night have been telling me my bike is waay to small for me. When I saw the build sheet I thought the worst.

The shop that originally built my Nomad would really love to sell me the new version though!!

never ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper
    I found out it is a large frame....I took it back to the shop that built it and all the paper work is wrong. They did all the measurements in front of me and called SC to verify. The funny thing is all the guys I ride with on Thursday night have been telling me my bike is waay to small for me. When I saw the build sheet I thought the worst.

The shop that originally built my Nomad would really love to sell me the new version though!!
    That's funny...I'm 6'4 and ride an XL Heckler currently, and if I had a chance to buy another bike I'd probably go a size smaller.

At least you know that nobody screwed up completely, and if you want to swap the mainframe or the whole bike for something else, it shouldn't be too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Zipper

Actually as I'm 5'10" going on 5'9" (age sucks) and am comfortable on a L Nomad, I'd figure you would be a possible candidate for the XL Nomad...depends on what you want and the dimensions of the rest of you...listening to the guys is often not much to go on.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    try a longer stem and a laid back seat post