mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Air Pressure for RP3 on SC XC

I'm sure this tread is already out there, I just can't find it.

Can you guys tell me what air pressure you are running on a RP3, 2007 Blur XC. I'm 175-180 lbs. and ride rocky ruff trails mostly.

I had heard that you set the pressure to weight, but I feel like the sag is too much. I know it is suppose to be 25% of the shock stroke, but I would like to know what people are actually riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    VPP suspension is all about the sag. Get the sag right and don't worry about the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtis
    I'm sure this tread is already out there, I just can't find it.

Can you guys tell me what air pressure you are running on a RP3, 2007 Blur XC. I'm 175-180 lbs. and ride rocky ruff trails mostly.

I had heard that you set the pressure to weight, but I feel like the sag is too much. I know it is suppose to be 25% of the shock stroke, but I would like to know what people are actually riding.

Shuttles R 4 Pussies
    Quote Originally Posted by 1max2nv
    VPP suspension is all about the sag. Get the sag right and don't worry about the pressure.
    Exactly. Don't worry about the pressure measurement; just play with it until you get the right sag measurement.

The pressure recommendations were all wrong for me (I suspect the gauge on the pump might not be accurate, but I'm not sure). If I was going on the recommendation of pressure equal to my weight in pounds, I would end up having about 40 psi too much in the shock and too little sag for the suspension to work as designed. The important thing is to get the sag measurement right when you sit lightly on the bike, in riding position, without bouncing the shock.

FYI, the sag measurement on a Blur XC should be about 0.55 inches (1/4 of the shock travel).
    Screw the chairlift, I'm riding to the top. You're all worthless and weak!!!