mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Age of this bullit?

I am considering buying a Bullit, but am unsure of the year. I am guessing it is 2002-3. Does anyone have a better clue based on the decal?

Bullitlogo.JPG

Thanks!

TNC
    noMAD man
    Well, it has a decal like my '03, but based on the bundle of cables/hose under the top tube I'm gonna say it's a '99-'02. The only thing under the top tube of '03-'05 models is the front derailleur cable. Is this a contest or something? Why not show us the rest of the bike? That bundle of control cables/hose points to a pre'03 model for my money. Yeah, SC doesn't adhere to strict year models like everyone else, blah, blah...but basically you have '99-'02 models without a headtube brace plate, and you have '03-'05 models with the headtube brace plate. There are other issues between models, but the big break is between '02 and '03.

mtbr member
    Is there a gussett at the headtube/top tube junction? If no, then pre-2002. What shock?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The pic was freaking huge and I thought it might be enough info...Here is the whole thing.

Here is a smaller version.

Bullitsmall.JPG

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Shock is a Vanilla RC...aftermarket i am guessing. Fork is a Super T pro.

Was a diff one i was looking at w/ the 5.0, thanks Silverstick.
    Last edited by Floggus; 09-25-2008 at 06:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    shock looks like a fox vanilla RC. pre 02 for sure

TNC
    noMAD man
    That's a pre '03 for sure. Yeah, the gusset plated Bullits became available in about the last 3 months of '02, but that's what everybody else was calling an '03 at that point, so pick your poison. How about we call that a 1st generation Bullit? The first one being '99-'02, the second being '03-'05, and the third is the current model of about '07-'09.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Thanks for the help guys.

Just another FOC'er
    I'd guess 2001 or 2002 because the decal isn't in italics like the older ones. There's also a crank clearance dimple in the swingarm that wasn't there until 2000.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Im gonna say 02 and good observations by everyone, im saying 02 cause it looks to be in great condition! Then again it does have 01 Hayes Mags on it??