mtbr member
    Mar 2007

650B conversion on 07 Superlight and building 650B Chameleon

I currently have an 07 superlight that i have ben thinking about converting to a 650B bike. I have seen a few people on here that have done it. Is all that i have to do is puta 650b wheelset on it then its good to go?

Secondly, I have been thinking about buying a chameleon off the SC website in the sale section for 350. Do they convert to 650B well? Thinking about getting one powdercoated in the tennis yellow like on the new chameleons. May do this to my superlight too.

Thanks everyone!

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by bmh2005 View Post
    I currently have an 07 superlight that i have ben thinking about converting to a 650B bike. I have seen a few people on here that have done it. Is all that i have to do is puta 650b wheelset on it then its good to go?

Secondly, I have been thinking about buying a chameleon off the SC website in the sale section for 350. Do they convert to 650B well? Thinking about getting one powdercoated in the tennis yellow like on the new chameleons. May do this to my superlight too.

Thanks everyone!
    Both should work. SL may need shock and fr der stop mod, maybe not. Lots of posts in here on it if you search.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Both should work. SL may need shock and fr der stop mod, maybe not. Lots of posts in here on it if you search.
    I haven't proven my conversion yet but my 3.3 SL is allegedly good to go if I use nevegal or neo-moto 2.1' in the rear.

I am curious if the current chameleon will support 650b

NedwannaB
    Yes, or a CrossMark or Quasi Moto.

Re the Chameleon, the older versions had sliding drops? Can't remember. The newer version have ecc bb so may not work as easy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    The newest does not have an ecc bb. I have not been following the chameleon thread to know the status of 27.5 tires. Could be a solid option though.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by brownc9 View Post
    The newest does not have an ecc bb. I have not been following the chameleon thread to know the status of 27.5 tires. Could be a solid option though.
    I could have the versions reversed.

But the Chameleon would be a great complement bike to have along with a converted xc SL as a beefy 650 trail HT given the range of fork travel it's designed for. As long as you could fit a descent size treaded tyre in back! Pretty sure the earlier versions had room.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    As far as the chameleon goes, it would be the Chameleon 4 frame. Is this a 650B compatible frame?

Thanks!