mtbr member
    May 2005

5th Element CV/t Gravity

I see the 5th Element CV/t Gravity can be specced on the nomad.

Seeing that fox has issues with the dhx air (and i've never been a fox fan) and I've had no issues with the 5th air on my blur and even at it's longest length the weight of a 5th Element CV/t Gravity @ 340g is lighter than a fox dhx air, thus I'm considering it as a very real option.

Scouring the net for info has yielded me little info on the 5th Element CV/t Gravity, so if anyone can provide some first hand feedback on the shock it would be appreciated.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...t-gravity.html

TNC
    noMAD man

Availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripo
    I see the 5th Element CV/t Gravity can be specced on the nomad.

Seeing that fox has issues with the dhx air (and i've never been a fox fan) and I've had no issues with the 5th air on my blur and even at it's longest length the weight of a 5th Element CV/t Gravity @ 340g is lighter than a fox dhx air, thus I'm considering it as a very real option.

Scouring the net for info has yielded me little info on the 5th Element CV/t Gravity, so if anyone can provide some first hand feedback on the shock it would be appreciated.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...t-gravity.html
    Since that shock had been on their site for nearly two years yet wasn't available, I had called Progressive from our shop a couple of times while considering that shock for different applications. Apparently Progressive had some developmental problems, so they didn't release the shock as soon as they intended. That's why, even though it looked like the shock had been available for some time, no one actually had one. That's why there's little info out there. I think the 5th E coil is one of the best coil shocks available, so I'm not down on Progressive. On the other hand, I wouldn't dismiss the DHX-Air, as it is much more tuneable than the Gravity because of the boost chamber. I've tried a bunch of air and coil shocks over the last three years, and the DHX-Air was the first stable platform shock that didn't produce a small but noticeable level of harshness while providing its stable pedaling platform. The leaking Q-ring issue with some Fox air shocks has been an odd failure issue. The ones that fail seem to fail almost immediately. If they don't, they provide reliable service basically like any quality shock. If they fail, after repair under warranty, then the shocks provide the same reliable service. There has not been a pattern of continued failure that I've seen either at the shop or from reports here on this forum. I'm running two DHX-Airs, one on a Bullit and one on a Nomad. One had a failed Q-ring on the second ride and one never had an issue. Both have been operating with total reliabilty since.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    [QUOTE=Gripo]I see the 5th Element CV/t Gravity can be specced on the nomad.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com...t-gravity.html[/QUO

I JUST ORDERED MINE WITH THE FIFTH ELEMENT LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO SO WHEN I GET IT I LET U KNOW HOW IS IT