Thread: 40 lb Heckler

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

40 lb Heckler

I knew my heck was built heavy but I didn't realize it reached 40#! I am running 2.5 minions on outlaw wheels. Domain fork and pig dh headset with a bmx stem. Also a DHX shock and 8/7" brake rotors. I guess all this stuff adds up quickly.

Its a blast to ride downhill though. Anybody else have a Heckler this heavy?

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by wylyman View Post
    I knew my heck was built heavy but I didn't realize it reached 40#! I am running 2.5 minions on outlaw wheels. Domain fork and pig dh headset with a bmx stem. Also a DHX shock and 8/7" brake rotors. I guess all this stuff adds up quickly.

Its a blast to ride downhill though. Anybody else have a Heckler this heavy?

Yeah, it was called a Bullit.........seriously, my Heckler was heavy enough at 33 lbs. My '03 Bullit was 38 lbs. before I put the Shiver on it......that pushed it over the 40 lbs. but was not much fun.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    UHH, my Heckler in its lightweight R AM build with 5" airfork/shock with a weak wheelset weighed around 32#.

I prefer the heavy build over the weaker light build.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Never put mine on the scale but she's on the heavy side too.
    2007 Heckler with Fox Float 32 and Dhx5.0 Coil.

But for this 275# Clyde it is just what I need.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    Yeah, it was called a Bullit.........seriously, my Heckler was heavy enough at 33 lbs. My '03 Bullit was 38 lbs.
    Hahaha, same here. Bullit 37lbs. O well. climbs good, goes downhill great, and it ain't gonna break. 6 -7 lb insurance policy

boxcar
    My Heckler is 32.5lbs. built with vivid coil, lyrik coil u-turn, Mavic 321 with hadley up front, rest of build is x9/x0. love for dh'n, but it climbs real well too. my dh bike is 40lbs though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am at about 36 lbs-domain fork, coil rear, and mavic 721's with big tires, platform type clipless etc. Works fine for me more fun down and I can still pedal it up all the stuff I did when it was stock

mtbr member
    I dunno if I'll have fun on a 40 lb. Heckler. Mine started at 28... then I added all this All-mountain stuff (DHX-Air replacing Float, adjustable post, chain guide, beefier wheelset, wider bars, hybrid pedals {clip/flats}, heavier stem) and she's about 32 lbs now. No fun pedaling up, but very stable coming down.

Like someone else said, 40 lbs is DH weight at this point. My DH bike weighs 42.7 lbs with dual ply 2.5 tires... and could be under 40 if I switch those out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Maybe my 40# weight is slightly off. I used a digi bathroom scale while holding the bike and standing on scale. Subtracting my weight I came up with 39.4#.

I just did a 4.5 mile climb with it and yes its tall and heavy but with compression and propedal dial it is possible to pedal this thing up a hill. Its all worth it when headed down though.

mtbr member
    Wow. My Heckler all of a sudden feels super light...no pun intended...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Slowest Rider
    My Heckler is around 38 lbs. But it needs the strength for my 260 lbs with lots of rugged XC and DH riding. Anything less breaks quickly. That's why I bought the Heckler and built it strong.

I have a Marz AM1 fork, Fox DHX5 Coil, Saint 8" Brakes front and rear, Saint Cranks, Saint Dual Control levers. Also have a Gravity Dropper and heavy Mavic XM321 rims with thornproof tubes.
    It's not slow, it's doing more MTB time.

Swedetarded
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    Wow. My Heckler all of a sudden feels super light...no pun intended...
    I see what you did there.