b a n n e d

3x --> 2x setup on BLT2.2: Extra BB spacer needed?

Just to check . . . going from a 3x to 2x setup and before I get everything back together, do I need to install an extra drive side spacer?
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    no the spacing is the same

mtbr member
    Are you pulling the big ring and throwing on a bashy or are you replacing the entire crankset? If you're doing the bashy move, I wouldn't think your spacing would change. But if new cranks, NOooo idea...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

b a n n e d
    Basically new drivetrain . . . . new cranks, new derailleurs, new chain . . . old cassette though. It's all running without any extra spacers. Can't get the indexing right though

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    Basically new drivetrain . . . . new cranks, new derailleurs, new chain . . . old cassette though. It's all running without any extra spacers. Can't get the indexing right though
    Are you sure it's indexing and not the (new) chain skipping on the (old) cassette?
    You'd typically change the chain and cassette together while the rings can skip a change...larger radius, less stress/wear on the teeth and all.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

b a n n e d
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Are you sure it's indexing and not the (new) chain skipping on the (old) cassette?
    You'd typically change the chain and cassette together while the rings can skip a change...larger radius, less stress/wear on the teeth and all.
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering the same thing actually . . . a little bummed because I don't really want to shell out for a new cassette right now, but I might just have to . . . its got probably 2K miles on it.