mtbr member
    Oct 2007

2nd Santa Cruz, suggestions...

I broke both pivot bolts on my Heckler, looks like reading in other posts it is a fairly common problem Anyway at my LBS they couldn't take the bolts off the rear triangle and it must be shipped back to SantaCruz in California. Because of all of this I will stay without a bike for almost 1 month.... I've been riding 4 to 5 days a week and I'm willing to get immediately a new bike, I was thinking in a new Nomad but nothing will be available at least until December so my only quick solution is a BLT2 (available now). I've ordered few days ago a talas 36 (to replace a float 32) and a dhx coil (to replace a rp23) and new wheels for the Heckler so that I was thinking in keeping the Blur on the light side to have more bike options.I can order the bike with the same talas fork and wheels and return the ones I have (unsued) and switch the parts to the Heckler when it will be fixed.... I'm 6'5" x 260 lbs. I've being playing with numbers and trying to find a good used XL Santacruz but didn't have any luck.

Any suggestion will be accepted
    Last edited by orkaccio; 09-10-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Hail Satin!
    Can't you just drill the bolts and get them out with an ex-out or something?
    Can you just take a hacksaw and cut a grove in them and take them out with a flat head screwdriver?
    I can't believe a bike shop can't get out broken bolts.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

Underweight Rider
    Your local machinist shop would have taken 10-20mins to extract the bolt out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The end of the story is that the rear triangle was sent back to SC , looks like they couldn't take the broken bolts out neither since they send me back a brand new triangle at no charge under warranty....and in the meanwhile I bought a new BLT2

a.k.a Slacker
    Jan 2006
    Cool story though man - and now you have the confidence that you just bought a second bike from a company that will take care of you.

Hail Satin!
    Represent baby.
    In the great Ford vs Chevy debate, I choose Porsche.

mtbr member
    awsome man congrats on the new toy and thats good to hear that SC took care of you.
    remember to post some pics when she's all built up.