Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mtbr member

Sent from my Grand using Tapatalk
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C XX
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad CC XX1

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Unless they're waiting for the weekend it doesn't look like we'll be seeing it at Sea Otter

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I've read somewhere (on that forums I think) there supposed to be some Fox announcement at Sea Otter, also nothing?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by strasznyzbigniew View Post
    I've read somewhere (on that forums I think) there supposed to be some Fox announcement at Sea Otter, also nothing?
    Yeah and SRAM still hasn't show GX Eagle yet (Or I haven't seen anything about it being revealed, I'm getting to Sea Otter tomorrow). It is odd but they could be waiting for the weekend to reveal it. Santa Cruz hasn't historically revealed anything at Sea Otter but given the expected availability in June it would make sense for them to show the Nomad now. My guess is if they don't show it now it won't be available until at least the Fall, possibly next Spring

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisclifford View Post
    Yeah and SRAM still hasn't show GX Eagle yet (Or I haven't seen anything about it being revealed, I'm getting to Sea Otter tomorrow). It is odd but they could be waiting for the weekend to reveal it. Santa Cruz hasn't historically revealed anything at Sea Otter but given the expected availability in June it would make sense for them to show the Nomad now. My guess is if they don't show it now it won't be available until at least the Fall, possibly next Spring
    The folks at Competitive Cyclist seemed pretty sure it's coming in the next couple of months, so Sea Otter does make sense.

I was buying a new Nomad and they were warning me a new one is on the way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    New 2018 36 is out

2018 Fox 36 first ride - Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    The folks at Competitive Cyclist seemed pretty sure it's coming in the next couple of months, so Sea Otter does make sense.

I was buying a new Nomad and they were warning me a new one is on the way.
    Santa Cruz isn't taking backorders for the Nomad right now, they're selling off their existing stock. A Newmad is on the way the question is when...hopefully this weekend

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I think N3 was available from day 1, so if it's expected to be available in June, they may show it in june.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Now that the 2017 Nomads are right around the corner, anyone know what we might expect to happen to existing stock's pricing?

I'm still interested in the current model but am waiting on a sale (or for someone to unload and un-abused large CC frame).
    Mike's bikes will be selling the 2017 Nomad CC X01 for $5k (normally $6.7k) during their Mega Sale next week. It was in a flyer I received in the mail yesterday.

Scroll to last page: https://view.publitas.com/mikes-bike...eview-2/page/1

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Love love LOVE my 2017 with DHX2 with double offset bushings, 36 170, 165 cranks and 2.5 Minions on 30mm internal Nexties. Can't imagine a more fun or capable bike, and it absolutely eats hack and rock gardens for lunch. The coil actually keeps it higher in the stroke for amazingly efficient pedaling, eliminates the VPP mid stroke air hammock droop, allowing you to run lighter compression for super supple small bump sensitivity (big shout out to SalesPunk for the tips here on MTBR). 20-30 mile epic rides are a non-issue.

I don't feel 27.5 frames benefit from Boost like 29ers do. 29 wheels, especially carbons, put more leverage on rear triangles causing more flex. The Nomad is in it's 4th model year with mere annual color changes, and it's still a top selling bike. Nuff said.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan View Post
    Love love LOVE my 2017 with DHX2 with double offset bushings, 36 170, 165 cranks and 2.5 Minions on 30mm internal Nexties. Can't imagine a more fun or capable bike, and it absolutely eats hack and rock gardens for lunch. The coil actually keeps it higher in the stroke for amazingly efficient pedaling, eliminates the VPP mid stroke air hammock droop, allowing you to run lighter compression for super supple small bump sensitivity (big shout out to SalesPunk for the tips here on MTBR). 20-30 mile epic rides are a non-issue.

I don't feel 27.5 frames benefit from Boost like 29ers do. 29 wheels, especially carbons, put more leverage on rear triangles causing more flex. The Nomad is in it's 4th model year with mere annual color changes, and it's still a top selling bike. Nuff said.
    Which offset bushings did you get? Planning on changing the shock on my Nomad as well. Also, which size DHX2?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I, too, am absolutely in love with my 'Mad. Lyrik with an Avalanche-tuned Monarch Plus.

I've owned a lot of bikes and this is really in a class by itself. Destroys technical downhill and climbs way better than it has any right to.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

BarBanger
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerrone View Post
    Which offset bushings did you get? Planning on changing the shock on my Nomad as well. Also, which size DHX2?
    Burgtecs on stock shock size. I tried a 8.75x2.75 air and coil and I felt it destroyed the supple initial stroke. Look at the leverage ratio graph: very low leverage off the top. Pushing the swing arm back by lengthening the E2E worsens the leverage curve at initial stroke. I have never bottomed out at 165mm since the Nomad is highly progressive at end stroke, which lends itself greatly to a linear coil.

lph
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

nice.

there room for the specialized 2.6" slaughter in the rear triangle?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    nice.

there room for the specialized 2.6" slaughter in the rear triangle?
    Yep - running them on mine with 35mm (30 internal) rims.

lph
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TXNavy View Post
    Yep - running them on mine with 35mm (30 internal) rims.

cool.

friend interrogated the guys manning the booth at sea otter and they did nothing more than shrug re: v4 nomad. they wouldn't answer any questions.

bike rider
    Yeah and SRAM still hasn't shown GX1 Eagle yet.
    What's this? I haven't even seen X1 Eagle yet. Wouldn't that be expected later this year and GX1 next year?
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    cool.

friend interrogated the guys manning the booth at sea otter and they did nothing more than shrug re: v4 nomad. they wouldn't answer any questions.
    The reply I got was "sell your current Nomad before June"

LCW
    mtbr member
    Why can't they release before the season is half over?

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Why can't they release before the season is half over?
    I remember when the Bronson and 5010 V2 was released in September? That was ridiculous! But not everyone is living in the North East......some lucky people can ride year round.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    The reply I got was "sell your current Nomad before June"
    What was their reply when you asked them about the Hightower LT or the new links? Glad I sold my Nomad though.

Congrats on the win at Sea Otter BTW!
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    One of the few times in recent history that I'm totally unconcerned with a bike getting an update. I'm still super-stoked with how my Nomad is riding here in AZ. No desire to upgrade.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yep, I'm ready to buy now. I guess my options are a 2017 Nomad on sale or a Firebird.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    What was their reply when you asked them about the Hightower LT or the new links? Glad I sold my Nomad though.

Congrats on the win at Sea Otter BTW!
    Thanks! I did not ask about links unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    One of the few times in recent history that I'm totally unconcerned with a bike getting an update. I'm still super-stoked with how my Nomad is riding here in AZ. No desire to upgrade.
    This. I don't know what I'd change. 29" wheels are the only thing that I think would make it faster and I don't want those. More travel and a longer fork would be better some places but not others. My Nomad is still perfect.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Most Nomad3 riders are running a bike that is too short (often not realizing it themselves). Reach numbers have increased a lot during the last three years, so basically almost every current Nomad3 rider should upsize from S to M, M to L, and L to XL. Heck, even the Nomad3 XL size has about the same reach as Pole Evolink 140 in size M and 2017 Kona Process size L!

Otherwise I agree that Nomad3 is still quite good. Although lately I have been hearing more and more bad things about the linkage ratio, and how Nomad4 could fix that with similar linkage setup as V10.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    But then you ride it and understand that random internet discussion about linkage ratios, likely from someone who doesn't actually own the bike, is just more noise.

The XL is perfect for me at 6'2. The 170 Lyrik is proper, the bike pedals exceptionally well and the suspension is dialed (post-Avalanche tune). I also have a dialed 29er (Phantom), so I'm stoked on the wheel size.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Just got an email from Competitivecyclist.com

All Nomad frames and complete builds are up to 30% off

We're getting close...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    Most Nomad3 riders are running a bike that is too short (often not realizing it themselves). Reach numbers have increased a lot during the last three years, so basically almost every current Nomad3 rider should upsize from S to M, M to L, and L to XL. Heck, even the Nomad3 XL size has about the same reach as Pole Evolink 140 in size M and 2017 Kona Process size L!
    Just because it's not as long as the longest bike on the market doesn't mean it's behind the times. These trends always ebb and flow, for years everyone loved narrow bars, currently it's wide, we did the really wide rims 15 years ago, and at 6'3" the last thing I need my XL Nomad to really be is longer, with it's 48" wheelbase.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    I canīt say Iīm not eager to see Nomad v4, but itīs hard not to be amazed with v3. Iīm 1,83cm and riding a X01 2015 matte black size large Nomad. It fits me all right and is so light and efficient, I can climb anything easily, although far from being very fit. I find this bike superb going downhill, very plush, nimble, fast, but quite stable and reliable. And the bike is absolutely beautiful. I know that the industry moves on and frames and parts get better and better, so most certainly Nomad v4 will be a better bike than Nomad v3, but anyway thatīs hard to believe!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post

Otherwise I agree that Nomad3 is still quite good. Although lately I have been hearing more and more bad things about the linkage ratio, and how Nomad4 could fix that with similar linkage setup as V10.
    Opinion based on keeping up with the jonses. These bikes are getting stupid long and boringly stable.

Graves, rude, Garay, all on mediums. They followed my lead probably. But thats not the point. Last gen nomads are fine on reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pedromayall View Post
    I canīt say Iīm not eager to see Nomad v4, but itīs hard not to be amazed with v3. Iīm 1,83cm and riding a X01 2015 matte black size large Nomad. It fits me all right and is so light and efficient, I can climb anything easily, although far from being very fit. I find this bike superb going downhill, very plush, nimble, fast, but quite stable and reliable. And the bike is absolutely beautiful. I know that the industry moves on and frames and parts get better and better, so most certainly Nomad v4 will be a better bike than Nomad v3, but anyway thatīs hard to believe!
    Looks wise that new design is going to take some getting used to (if that leaked pic was it).

believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I spent last year riding my Nomad as a one bike quiver. It did everything I asked of it and really is a true all purpose bike. I bought a MTBparks pass last year and explored as many east coast parks I could. Only twice did I wish I had more bike than the N3.....but these were the "old school' gnarly east coast places that require downhill rigs. When not exploring the parks my N3 was my everyday trail bike, and aside from a few trail systems that are particularly mellow the N3 did fine as a trail bike.

With all that being said, at the end of the year I was able to buy another bike and decided to buy a 5010. I wanted a bike I could ride on the more mellow stuff and keep the fun factor up. The N3 is a great bike as it is except for the mellow stuff....but why take it there? When you have a one bike quiver you have to, or don't ride.

Part of me hopes that the N4 will just have a few tweeks in the geo to update it to "current" standards like more reach and boost rear, etc. If this happens I wont have to think about upgrading any time soon.

There are other scenarios though that cant be overlooked.

One is a complete redesign. This would be the 29er version.

Another is the 180mm version. Think Intense Uzzi....still can pedal uphill, just not like it can now.

The one I would like to see is the adjustable geo version. Take the flip chip technology from the Hightower that allows you to have a park bike, then flip the chip to shorten wheelbase, steepen HA and improve pedal efficiency.

Then you have to think about the game changer......this is the bike that no one would ever think was possible. VPP4 with something magical that has the newest, shiniest, coolest, piece of technology that everybody will be scrambling to figure out!

Damn I hope the N4 is not a game changer!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The Nomad is in it's 4th model year with mere annual color changes, and it's still a top selling bike. Nuff said.
    The ultra long model lifecycle isn't necessarily a good thing. It slows down innovation and I also know many big spenders who have changed bike brand because of this. For example Nomad2 with its four year lifecycle was quite outdated towards the end, although had good options for tuning (push link, 1.5 headtube for angleset, etc.).

OT: The slow innovation also manifests itself in the model line. The new Chameleon should have been released 1-2 years ago. And SC is still missing a long travel 29er (150 link for HT doesn't really fix this, they need a new frame with slack HA and steep SA).

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePitch View Post
    I spent last year riding my Nomad as a one bike quiver. It did everything I asked of it and really is a true all purpose bike. I bought a MTBparks pass last year and explored as many east coast parks I could. Only twice did I wish I had more bike than the N3.....but these were the "old school' gnarly east coast places that require downhill rigs. When not exploring the parks my N3 was my everyday trail bike, and aside from a few trail systems that are particularly mellow the N3 did fine as a trail bike.

With all that being said, at the end of the year I was able to buy another bike and decided to buy a 5010. I wanted a bike I could ride on the more mellow stuff and keep the fun factor up. The N3 is a great bike as it is except for the mellow stuff....but why take it there? When you have a one bike quiver you have to, or don't ride.

Part of me hopes that the N4 will just have a few tweeks in the geo to update it to "current" standards like more reach and boost rear, etc. If this happens I wont have to think about upgrading any time soon.

There are other scenarios though that cant be overlooked.

One is a complete redesign. This would be the 29er version.

Another is the 180mm version. Think Intense Uzzi....still can pedal uphill, just not like it can now.

The one I would like to see is the adjustable geo version. Take the flip chip technology from the Hightower that allows you to have a park bike, then flip the chip to shorten wheelbase, steepen HA and improve pedal efficiency.

Then you have to think about the game changer......this is the bike that no one would ever think was possible. VPP4 with something magical that has the newest, shiniest, coolest, piece of technology that everybody will be scrambling to figure out!

Damn I hope the N4 is not a game changer!!!!!!
    Bluepitch -like you I love my 2015 N3 and have run it as my one bike for over 2 years now. I sometimes do wish for a fun xc/trail bike to take on mellower trails though.

How do you like the 5010 for this?

And what type of terrain are you riding on?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SCJG View Post
    Bluepitch -like you I love my 2015 N3 and have run it as my one bike for over 2 years now. I sometimes do wish for a fun xc/trail bike to take on mellower trails though.

How do you like the 5010 for this?

And what type of terrain are you riding on?
    I live in upstate NY and ride NY and in New England. We have very different terrain here and the trail systems tend to vary greatly all within a 2 hour drive. I have a local trail near my house that is mainly hard packed sand that has very few technical challenges but is perfect for an after work ride that I can pedal from my house to the trail in under five minutes.

Here is a pic of the trail. Nomad was no fun here. 5010 turns this trail into a playground. Every acorn, root, branch, etc is an opportunity to pop of the ground.

2017 Nomad - Changes...?-img_0303.jpg

This is where I prefer to ride....typical NE chunk with plenty of climbs and steep and varying elevations.

2017 Nomad - Changes...?-img_0142.jpg

Go to the 5010 Picture thread.....lots of people who own N3's have 5010's.

mtbr member
    I think the reach on the N3 is a bit short compared to the current trend, but whether that works for you or not is just personal preference. For me, the large Nomad is as short as I'd ever want to go on reach. It didn't ever feel small to me and/or I didn't ever get that feeling I needed a longer reach, but it as small as I'd ever want to go at 17.25". But I also know the other end with bikes at 18" or so is as long as I'd ever want go. Ideally for me it is somewhere in the middle.

My large 5010v2's reach is ~17.5", and I've got a 60mm stem on it versus the 50mm I had on the Nomad. The 5010 def feels better, which is one reason the Hightower reach seems about perfect for me (at ~17.75".)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePitch View Post
    I live in upstate NY and ride NY and in New England. We have very different terrain here and the trail systems tend to vary greatly all within a 2 hour drive. I have a local trail near my house that is mainly hard packed sand that has very few technical challenges but is perfect for an after work ride that I can pedal from my house to the trail in under five minutes.

Here is a pic of the trail. Nomad was no fun here. 5010 turns this trail into a playground. Every acorn, root, branch, etc is an opportunity to pop of the ground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	1133833

This is where I prefer to ride....typical NE chunk with plenty of climbs and steep and varying elevations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	1133834

Go to the 5010 Picture thread.....lots of people who own N3's have 5010's.
    Hmmm... hanging around in 5010 pics thread I see many senior mtbr members came off their N3 and have gone for either 5010 or HT.

N3 to 5010 v.2:
    - tbmaddux
    - sonomabiker
    - bluepitch

N3 to HT
    - salespunk

...and more ppl have gone similar way I believe.

I personally love the Nomad myself but can't reject that today's riders are implying that maybe we don't really need long WB+slack HA+long travel as the 650b enduro bike era seemed to be. I surprised how fast modern FS bike trend goes - last few years we enjoyed the 650b enduro bike, this year it's noticeably quiet and obviously now being replaced by trail-geo 29er bikes like HT. I've never expected things to change this way at this speed. It's too fast IMHO.

I sub'd in 2017 Nomad changes thread, 5010 picture thread, and also HTW thread to keep up with you guys and see how my next bike should be. I mostly enjoy dropping offs and practice trials moves so the 5010 with long fork seems very, very interesting.

This cool action pic I captured from 50to01 clip saved in my phone, but now it's not available anymore on Youtube.

mtbr member
    I ride both the Nomad and 5010. Both great bikes. I don't know what to make of the leaked photo of a V10 trail bike but I plan to keep riding my Nomad until it or I am too broken. I also don't know what to make of the 5010 sneaking into this thread. I sure hope we don't start speculating about the 2018 5010 or arguing about putting a big fork on it in here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmaddux View Post
    I ride both the Nomad and 5010. Both great bikes. I don't know what to make of the leaked photo of a V10 trail bike but I plan to keep riding my Nomad until it or I am too broken. I also don't know what to make of the 5010 sneaking into this thread. I sure hope we don't start speculating about the 2018 5010 or arguing about putting a big fork on it in here.
    My bad. I started it by asking Bluepitch how he liked his 5010 as a complementary trail bike to his N3.

thanks for the response Bluepitch, appreciated

and back to Nomad talk now

mtbr member
    My prediction is that the Nomad will move towards the Firebird and Uzzi and the Bronson will move up towards the N3. Totally a guess, but probably a pretty decent one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Looks like it after "bottle caged V10 TR" spy shot On the other hand, what would be the point of calling this "Nomad"? Great name for wander-everywhere bike, I don't think it would make sense for bike park slayer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbmaddux View Post
    I also don't know what to make of the 5010 sneaking into this thread. I sure hope we don't start speculating about the 2018 5010 or arguing about putting a big fork on it in here.
    Oops, sorry

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    After the news of V-10 29 "(predictable) ...

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...a-e4c110e2d9ec

My prerdiction is that in the future all the catalog of santa cruz will be in 29.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
    After the news of V-10 29 "(predictable) ...

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...a-e4c110e2d9ec

My prerdiction is that in the future all the catalog of santa cruz will be in 29.
    Page can't be found. I guess you tried to refer to this page?
    https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en...te-29-inch-v10

29er V10, oh my ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Momentum seems to be strong towards 29" bikes even in the gravity segment now with the 29" V10 out from the shadows. If someone from Syndicate wins Lourdes with it, I think it will change the industry. I think all this underlines even more the need for long travel enduro 29er from SC. I wonder where this leaves the Nomad4 as it seems to be 27.5" with even more travel than the current version. It could become a niche bike just like the Driver8 years ago.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I don't agree.

In Enduro winning with a long travel 29" isn't common.

2016 Men Pro category:
    6 wins on 27,5" bikes, 2 wins on 29" on very special tracks (Ireland shorter and flatter, USA highspeed and flatter than usual).

2017 Men Pro category:
    2 wins on 27,5" bikes up to now.

In my opinion Santa Cruz needs both, a long travel 29" and of course a modern 170/170mm 27,5" Enduro (call it Nomad )

mtbr member
    My prediction is that the Nomad will move towards the Firebird and Uzzi and the Bronson will move up towards the N3. Totally a guess, but probably a pretty decent one.
    So the 29er V10 is up on Pinkbike. The 29er Newmad can't be far behind. Then a beefed up Bromad in 27.5 from the Bronson.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    This is what I was told by someone who has ties to SC....but take it with the usual grain of salt.

mtbr member

Hope

I see some friends here congratulate Salespunk for his winning at Sea Otter. I'd like to congrats for him too, even though I don't know who he is. Would anyone (or SP himself) kindly tell me who SP is, so that I can follow his future works. Maybe he is someone in these news?

Winning Bike, Winning Runs - 2017 Sea Otter Dual Slalom - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

Jared Graves & Jill Kintner win the 2017 Sea Otter Classic Downhill - Mtbr.com

But if it's confidential, that's okay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyFreeman View Post
    I see some friends here congratulate Salespunk for his winning at Sea Otter. I'd like to congrats for him too, even though I don't know who he is. Would anyone (or SP himself) kindly tell me who SP is, so that I can follow his future works. Maybe he is someone in these news?

Winning Bike, Winning Runs - 2017 Sea Otter Dual Slalom - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

Now I got the answer. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zauberer View Post
    I don't agree.

In Enduro winning with a long travel 29" isn't common.

2016 Men Pro category:
    6 wins on 27,5" bikes, 2 wins on 29" on very special tracks (Ireland shorter and flatter, USA highspeed and flatter than usual).

2017 Men Pro category:
    2 wins on 27,5" bikes up to now.

In my opinion Santa Cruz needs both, a long travel 29" and of course a modern 170/170mm 27,5" Enduro (call it Nomad )
    Did Tracy Moseley not dominate in the womans pro for years on a Trek 29er?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chick0 View Post
    Did Tracy Moseley not dominate in the womans pro for years on a Trek 29er?
    She did. I think those stats are more than a bit skewed. Without including the ratio of 29'er to 27.5 overall appearances, we have to assume an equal number of each. Also, I'd probably go further to only count bike types amongst pro riders since those are the ones that will end up with the wins.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    New products coming June and July. Likely Newmad and HT LT or a long shock link for the HT. New products, not necessarily new bikes (although the June launch will be a bike)

mtbr member
    I guess you can disregard my suspicion of the possible weak swingarm as the v10er has the single sided swingarm. But it still may require super boost to get the stiffness back.

mtbr member

I'm just a hack! If you didn't get the answer I will PM you, just let me know.

mtbr member
    I'm just a hack! If you didn't get the answer I will PM you, just let me know.
    Whoaa I know you now sirrr!
    Congrats for your podium sir!

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I have a solid source that says new Nomad will be in shops very soon. Same one that said XXL Hightower was coming. Get your wallets ready.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    I have a solid source that says new Nomad will be in shops very soon. Same one that said XXL Hightower was coming. Get your wallets ready.
    After 9yrs of riding my Nomad Mk2 it might be time to replace it with a Newmad if the 29er rumours are true.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

99% sure it will be a 27.5

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    99% sure it will be a 27.5
    Whew. Saved some $$ there then. Unless the High Tower Extreme gets dropped as well.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

That's coming too, but no time frame yet.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Word in the street is that the new nomad will be presented next week

mtbr member
    May 2014
    There have been more false starts in this thread then there are in a under 10 swimming race.
    I'm at the stage that I'll believe there is a new Nomad after I've been riding one for a year....
    Fingers crossed but.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by B Rabbit View Post
    There have been more false starts in this thread then there are in a under 10 swimming race.
    I'm at the stage that I'll believe there is a new Nomad after I've been riding one for a year....
    Fingers crossed but.
    I'm with you on that one B Rabbit!

I was ready to drop the cash for the last 6 months on a new Nomad or long travel SC 29'er.

I gave up.....
    Last edited by SCJG; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    There's one small thing that I missed last time I looked at the proto, this time not upside-down: imgur.com/a/xKAQA

That Fox shock doesn't look like anything they announced recently... More like this -> imgur.com/a/0E0lh ?

mtbr member
    That Fox shock doesn't look like anything they announced recently...
    Looks like a Float X, allowing for dust and photo quality to make the kashima and blacks look muddled/similar.

mtbr member
    There's one small thing that I missed last time I looked at the proto, this time not upside-down: imgur.com/a/xKAQA

That Fox shock doesn't look like anything they announced recently... More like this -> imgur.com/a/0E0lh ?
    That was the first thing I saw in the picture. That is not a standard FloatX or even close.

LCW
    mtbr member

2017 Nomad - Changes...?

Any updates on potential N4 release and/or sightings?

EVIL Following

Surly Wednesday

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    That was the first thing I saw in the picture. That is not a standard FloatX or even close.
    I thought that was simply 2018 Float X. It was released around Sea Otter and doesn't look anything like it. So my bet right now is Fox Live as it looks similar to that rumored one on new Altitude. On the other hand, why it was not announced with Altitude? Obviously this thing is finished and ready for production. Would make sense to announce it with some big-brand bike to show it's capabilities.

Some guys who know some folks who know some dealers who know some insiders came up with next week release date. I would not take that as granted

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Local shop said they will get one in stock in 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    There was a proto/new Float X on that Nomad 4 and a proto 36 different than the 2018 that has come out.

mtbr member
    One another thing I notice from the leaked photo of (probably) N4 is that, as the shock has been relocated to lower link, the shock needs some room toward the rear wheel. And I think it's inevitable to move the rear axle further behind, resulting in longer chainstay.

To my preference I think CS length of N3 is already long.
    I wish the 4th gen had shorter CS for a bit better maneuverability.

But who knows what the final bike looks like and when we'd really see it. Hope that the rumor of release date in June became true, unlike the April fool's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Might be one of the reasons for asymmetrical real triangle - it looks like they did this on V10 29 to shorten the chainstay by eliminating what linked left and right parts.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

mtbr member
    Might be one of the reasons for asymmetrical real triangle - it looks like they did this on V10 29 to shorten the chainstay by eliminating what linked left and right parts.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Thanks. Single-sided cs design may help shortening the cs like your pics imply. To my liking this thing makes V10 looks more distinctive too, although still doubting about the single design's quality to deal with such ultimately brutal DH application.

But still I prefer the v3 design over the rumored one, at least at this moment.

Sent from my hands using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    The latest talk around town here is a June release.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    But still I prefer the v3 design over the rumored one, at least at this moment.
    Same here. Hoping that also-rumored long travel 29" will keep it.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I heard the new Nomad is being realsed 5 weeks ago.
    I was speaking to someone who has nothing to do with SC and we werent even talking about the new Nomad, or bikes for that matter, but I did manage to confrim with them it will have 26" wheels, be 3x10 drive train, have rim brakes and come with optional spokey dokies.
    Can't wait!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by B Rabbit View Post
    I heard the new Nomad is being realsed 5 weeks ago.
    I was speaking to someone who has nothing to do with SC and we werent even talking about the new Nomad, or bikes for that matter, but I did manage to confrim with them it will have 26" wheels, be 3x10 drive train, have rim brakes and come with optional spokey dokies.
    Can't wait!!
    hahaha awesome...

I heard it will also have the best reflectors seen on any nomad to this point as well as an optional attachment to hold a card into the spokes for that real BRRRRAAAAAAPPPPP action

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    No tassles? Pffft
    2015 Specialized Stumpjumper 29er HT
    2015 Mongoose Vinson fat bike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123