mtbr member

2016 Bronson owners... Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?

So looking at the Bronson 2016 and like the pink colorway. However, I think it will grow old sooner rather than later and probably more popular... I like the matte black frame, but without any color pop as seen on something like the 5010, etc., it just is vanilla.

Anyone used frame graphics or added graphics to spice up the matte black? Even rim decals to make a smaller pop?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    you can order custom letter overlays for the 'Santa Cruz' portion.

I have the black Bronson as well but am running the matte invisiframe film, I added a little color variety by running fox shock and fork. but basically my bike is black with a side of black haha. I have seen a clear protection film where it adds a camo pattern, not sure if that's something you're interested in.
    Joey | Bronson 2.0 CC | SRAM | Fox | Derby | KS

mtbr member
    I've got custom decals on my matte black Nomad, made by Vidiom graphics, then covered by clear invisiframe....it definitely made my bike stand out of the crowd!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I too found the black/gray scheme is a bit of a snooze (but thought the kalimoxto would get old), so I used my chosen hubs as my theme as I loved their color. BUT, I'm already having what you see here totally redone (decal-wise) as I found it to be too much and some of the decals didn't fit right. I'll have v2 done in a week or so (decals are on their way to me). This time I'm going gloss black on the decals like the Nomad that was offered in matte w/ gloss decals, and I'm just going to let the green hardware bits stand out going forward with this "murdered out" black frame theme. The hardware w/ the green:

• Onyx hubs in Anti-Freeze Green
    • DVO Diamond's various green parts
    • Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals in Light Green (not shown in these pics, but on the bike now)

Also changing out the SIXC bars for the matte+gloss Santa Cruz 800mm bar since that SIXC green didn't match. Great bars, wrong color (vain, I know). I'll post the final, finished build here and in the picture thread.

2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-bike-complete-v1-small.jpg2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-bike-complete-v1-b-small.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newman17 View Post
    I too found the black/gray scheme is a bit of a snooze (but thought the kalimoxto would get old), so I used my chosen hubs as my theme as I loved their color. BUT, I'm already having what you see here totally redone (decal-wise) as I found it to be too much and some of the decals didn't fit right. I'll have v2 done in a week or so (decals are on their way to me). This time I'm going gloss black on the decals like the Nomad that was offered in matte w/ gloss decals, and I'm just going to let the green hardware bits stand out going forward with this "murdered out" black frame theme. The hardware w/ the green:

• Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals in Light Green (not shown in these pics, but on the bike now)

Also changing out the SIXC bars for the matte+gloss Santa Cruz 800mm bar since that SIXC green didn't match. Great bars, wrong color (vain, I know). I'll post the final, finished build here and in the picture thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike - Complete v1 (A) small.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	1080333Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike - Complete v1 (B) small.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	345.1 KB 
ID:	1080334
    Dude, the color scheme is dope. I went with the pink frame myself as I wanted a bit of pop but your color scheme is just the right amount of pop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member

SUPER SICK!!! I was going to pull the trigger on teh Scott 910 and the colors were what I loved a ton about the bike. This is similar and love the idea. Our race bikes are a kawi green accent and this is dope!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Your bike looks awesome. I would leave the green decals myself. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, except with red. Did you get the decals from Vidiom, and if so, how did you like them?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I too am getting a bit tired of the black/grey especially since I have black rims and black hubs/spokes. I had wanted to throw some color in the I9 hubs but they were backordered 3+ weeks when I went to order my wheels and I wanted to ride more

I think what I may end up doing is getting white SC graphics to replace the grey ones and leave the rest of the bike murderd out. I liked the look in the crude photoshop mockup I did, to give it just a little pop. If I replace the SC graphics I may pull the decals from the PIKE and run it stealth.

I almost went with the Kalimotox and I'm really glad I didn't.. I felt like it would have worn out it's welcome after about a month.

2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-img_4500.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    I too am getting a bit tired of the black/grey especially since I have black rims and black hubs/spokes. I had wanted to throw some color in the I9 hubs but they were backordered 3+ weeks when I went to order my wheels and I wanted to ride more

I think what I may end up doing is getting white SC graphics to replace the grey ones and leave the rest of the bike murderd out. I liked the look in the crude photoshop mockup I did, to give it just a little pop. If I replace the SC graphics I may pull the decals from the PIKE and run it stealth.

I almost went with the Kalimotox and I'm really glad I didn't.. I felt like it would have worn out it's welcome after about a month.

Name:	IMG_4500.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	445.6 KB 
ID:	1082022
    The white looks really good. I'd keep the white Pike decals, but that's me. I was hoping to do red decals in a couple weeks, but my dropper just died, so looks like decals are getting put on hold for a bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i wish there would be custom decals for the v2 bronson that it looks like the mint and orange like on the black hightower...i really like that colourway. or the mint and yellow 5010.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    This is what I have planned for my Bronson...

2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-my_bike_bronson2_orange-sky_ano_rims3.jpg

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by misuge View Post
    This is what I have planned for my Bronson...

Name:	My_Bike_Bronson2_orange-sky_Ano_Rims3.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	289.6 KB 
ID:	1082586
    I dig it. What are you using to make that? Also where are you ordering actual stickers from?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Photoshoped...
    I already have the decals ready, just cant decide whether to go for it or not... kinda got used to the black frame with orange anodized hubs and headset only. And orange of Fox forks.

The decals are from NLD - Nemeth Laszlo Designs Custom stickers for those who wants to own unique bikes!
    They are not exactly the same as original, but should work just fine. Will report back once I decide to apply them.
    I pretty sure you can get some from Vidiom or Slik graphics

mtbr member
    WOW it looks so good! The decals aren't the same as original as in quality they look a little different? Would love to see a photo of the sticker sheet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I mean some shapes are not exactly the same as original, but should work just fine once applied, here is an example, the one that brought me to this guy: https://www.facebook.com/NLDesigns.e...95037000567754

this is the preview of the sticker sheet:
    2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-bronson.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misuge View Post
    I mean some shapes are not exactly the same as original, but should work just fine once applied, here is an example, the one that brought me to this guy: https://www.facebook.com/NLDesigns.e...95037000567754

this is the preview of the sticker sheet:

Name:	bronson.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	1083033
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArbez View Post
    Your bike looks awesome. I would leave the green decals myself. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, except with red. Did you get the decals from Vidiom, and if so, how did you like them?
    Thanks. I, like the other guy above, went with NLD (Nemeth Laszlo Designs), but honestly wasn't fully thrilled with what I received. The chainstay & seatstay decals didn't fit at ALL (way too big), the toptube/headtube one would not go on correctly and wrinkled where it somewhat "wraps" around the top of the head tube. It was due to how it was cut. Also, to get the shiny gradient look (trying to match the hubs), we agreed to print them on chrome vinyl, but what I didn't know (and wasn't told) was that there was going to be a chrome edge on every sticker. So you have chrome, on matte black, and it doesn't look right. Everything else on this bike is black and green in the chrome edge looked tacky and sort of homemade. He says he can't print black or green all the way to the edge. The pictures above hide a lot of these negative details that you can actually see easily in person, so I hate that it's the case, but the pics are better than the real deal because of these issues. I've attached the sticker sheet here, and of course no chrome was shown.

2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-nld-bronson-final.jpg

On the upcoming second round of decals (murdered-out gloss black) I've been working with HAS Designs (hasdesigns.pt) and I now have the decals, but haven't applied them yet. I hope to get around to it this week and hope for better results and fit than the NLD decals. I'll report back w/ updated pics and comments good or bad so it helps out any of you looking for custom decal work. I'd also be curious about others experiences with other decal shops (Slik, Vidiom, & whoever else)!

Here is the sticker sheet from HAS from the decals that are about to land on my frame. The red lines are just cut lines, not actually on the decals.

2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-matt-newman-cc8-rmk.jpg

mtbr member
    Here is the sticker sheet from HAS from the decals that are about to land on my frame. The red lines are just cut lines, not actually on the decals.

Name:	Matt Newman CC8 RMK.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	1083052
    Awesoe, thanks for sharing your experience. Good real world info. How much did each set run you, if you don't mind saying?

Lev
    You Guys Riding?
    I used Slik a couple years ago for Pike stickers. They're still holding strong and I'm pleased with them.

Definitely appreciate the real world feedback on the posted bikes, as the pics don't always represent the real thing. I just ordered a new Bronson with the matte and slate blue. Curious how it's going to come out. May play around with the color scheme a bit, and this thread is helping with the motivation. I'm curious how difficult it is to make these stickers look "natural" on the bike in real person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    You guys should check out Home | Stikrd.com they did the decals for the Ibis enduro team

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BK-XC View Post
    Awesoe, thanks for sharing your experience. Good real world info. How much did each set run you, if you don't mind saying?
    These prices are converted from Euro to USD here (obviously exchange rates will vary, but this is pretty close as it stands today).

HAS Designs
    $40 frame (gloss black & dark 80% gray for fonts, includes shipping from Portugal for frame & crank decals)
    $17 crankset (NextSL in gloss black)

$24 fork (I chose not to use any on the fork though)

bkstickers.com
    $19 for Fox Float X shock (includes shipping). Donít have this one yet so canít comment on quality or fit.

NLDesigns
    $110 for frame, crankset, fork (includes shipping from Hungary)

I did not enjoy trying to apply all these, and you get mad at yourself for spending $ on it and then it getting jacked up in the installation process. The smaller ones are way easier than the large ones, but this time I'm having a local printing/sign shop or my bike mechanic friend do it (he's put on his share of decals). It's worth it to me to pay a little for the application as they know tips and tricks (using Windex, heat gun here and there, etc).

mtbr member
    These prices are converted from Euro to USD here (obviously exchange rates will vary, but this is pretty close as it stands today).

HAS Designs
    $40 frame (gloss black & dark 80% gray for fonts, includes shipping from Portugal for frame & crank decals)
    $17 crankset (NextSL in gloss black)

$24 fork (I chose not to use any on the fork though)

bkstickers.com
    $19 for Fox Float X shock (includes shipping). Donít have this one yet so canít comment on quality or fit.

NLDesigns
    $110 for frame, crankset, fork (includes shipping from Hungary)

I did not enjoy trying to apply all these, and you get mad at yourself for spending $ on it and then it getting jacked up in the installation process. The smaller ones are way easier than the large ones, but this time I'm having a local printing/sign shop or my bike mechanic friend do it (he's put on his share of decals). It's worth it to me to pay a little for the application as they know tips and tricks (using Windex, heat gun here and there, etc).

Definitely seems like I could mess it up pretty easily. Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    This is great info! Just happened to pickup 2 Santa Cruz Bronson C S and a Bronson C R for my wife a few days ago and road them at Mammoth Lakes trails. Awesome bikes! Will be looking for something like what you guys have here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016 Bronson owners...  Matte black frame - spiced up with decals?-20160722_142051.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Has anyone tried these yet? Santa cruz are doing their own custom colour downtube decals.

I just ordered a blue set for my black and grey Bronson
    https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/a.../stickers.html