mtbr member
    Dec 2014

2015 Bronson and New DBInline

So I've had my Bronson for a little over a year. Best (most expensive) bike I've ever owned; I love it. It rails beyond my capabilities. As with everyone else I was drooling over the 2016 bikes; not cause I need a new bike but just because they're dope.

I decided to invest in my 2015 Bronson as I'm going to keep it for a while. I did the OneUp conversion already and next up was a new shock. Every Bronson related shock post I've read is how the Fox ctd is the weakest link on a dope bike. I thought the Fox shock was good but then I had nothing to compare it to as this was my first nice bike. After a lot of research and saving up some coin I found a used (new) DBInline. Well, I did my first ride today, a short one cause of time. Holy sh!t...I can't believe what a difference. It was a wet ride here in the east bay (NorCal) so the trails were great in some areas and mudded out in a few. I did get a decent taste and am blown away. Climbed good on the fire road up but the amazing part was on the steep technical portion (it's called little Moab to give you an idea of the terrain). No bottom out, no pedal strikes (where I did sometimes prior), great instant pedal power on switchbacks, etc.. The other area I could tell a huge improvement was a flow section with some jumps and tight turns with drops, etc..

Rambled on a little too much but in short this shock on the Bronson is a game changer. It's like a new bike! I can't wait to log some more miles. Anyone considering this upgrade, don't wait...treat yourself to an early X-Mas present.

mtbr member
    I have one on my Bronson and it's leaps and bounds better than the CTD it came with. I'd love to try the DB Air CS to see the difference!

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    How is it in terms of set up? I was talking to my LBS about one and they were actually talking me out of it. They claimed it requires a lot of tweaking, I'm more of a set it and forget it kind of guy.

mtbr member
    Here's the Bronson + DBInline thread and the Bronson + DBAir CS thread.

I had great results with the Bronson-specific DBAir CS on my black/orange v1 Bronson.

EDIT - It's easy to set up if you just follow the guide from Cane Creek on a trail you know well that has enough going on to tune it, especially the HSC and HSR settings.

mtbr member
    I'm a set and forget guy too. Just take the hour or two on the first ride to set it up and then forget. It's definitely worth it