Just Ride!

2013 Superlight 29 R XC

So tell us more about your 2013 Superlight 29er? I am really impressed at everything that is offered on the R XC model at this price level. From the Fox CTD and SLX Shadow technologies, it sounds like Santa Cruz has really outdone themselves!

I am just hoping that I can raise the capital before the stock is depleted. More pictures and ride reports appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    JUST ordered one yesterday, so I'll be able to let you know in a week or so.

Got it in black, medium (I'm 5'10"). Very, very excited to unpack it, dial it in, and hit the trail.

This has been a long time coming - I'm still on my '93 Nishiki Alien. In fact, the elevated chainstays and geometry of the SL remind me a lot of the Alien (and Mantis) of the 90s.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I picked up an large R XC and love it but i went with XT brakes and XT 2x10 off the bat so skipped the avids altogether. I am a relative noob so not that insightful...I have not ridden in about 8yrs (previously had a chameleon never rellly built a good skill set) but i love how the bike feels and quality of the components at the price.Don't regret it one bit.