Sep 2005

2008 Marzocchi Stuff

from Singletrack World

I'm really interested in the New Fifty-Five ATA for my Nomad:
    125-165mm
    4.65 lbs

Too Much Fun

Good job! Ditto...

Me too. I loveLOVElove my '06 66SL (black) but would also love dropping a pound and being able to drop the front on the fly for climbing.

I never set my 66 to the max travel anyways...
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    I agree, I think its a really sweet looking fork. I like the raised lettering used in 06 and sleak stealth look better "not that it REALLY matters anyway." I do like the new arch. I think it would be awesome if Marzocchi offered a 55 RC2x. I KNOW I would never use the lockout that the TST offers. I have also heard that RC2 is superior to TST, so that is one reason I will be sticking with my 06 works 66sl which will be shortly converted to a RC2x. I also cant afford an 08 because I have a used car I just bought that needs $ put into, and school to pay for. Money for bikes is gonna be kept to a minimum this summer Oh well, atleast I will be able to ride stuff out of town rather then ride the same dern trails over and over again Never the less, I still enjoy just seeing the new technology coming out. The new RC3 Auto damper in the 66 series has got me interested. I heard that it has adjustable Mid Compression...any one care to comment and/or know what it exactly is?
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR

My understanding....

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikextremist
    The new RC3 Auto damper in the 66 series has got me interested. I heard that it has adjustable Mid Compression...any one care to comment and/or know what it exactly is?
    Lo-speed compression damping works for gradual/slighty inclined trail events (think of a speedbump or water bar), objects that would efect the suspension travel in a gradual way. Hi-speed compression damping works for square edge bumps/events (think of a curb) where the suspension travel is abruptly effected.. I would imagine the Mid compression on the RC3 is for "mid-speed", somehwere in the middle of the two extremes. I can't imagine a consumer without a lot of knowledge of suspension would need/know how to tune the suspension to that degree. I know a bit about suspension tehnology and lingo, but I would def. need expert guidance with that much adjustability.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

Members who have read this thread: 0