Thread: 2008 Blur LT

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

2008 Blur LT

I was in the process of chosing between a Ironhorse MKIII comp and a Giant Trance X2 and was leaning towards the IH until I found out that they were losing their dw link suspension contract and might be looking to make cheap bikes for walmart soon. I'd hate to have a problem with my frame that they'd probably NOT back up!!!
    Then an hour ago I stepped into the santa cruz dealership where they had a 2008 Blur LT ($2900) that they'd sell at invoice to me for $2100. Very sweet bike!! I'm 6'1" and would prefer a large but this bike was awesome and almost seems worth living with a slightly smaller frame. Advice? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    DO NOT BUY A MED!!! I am 6'2" and Ride an XL. If you need a large, I have two large frames for sale: A BlACK ANO and A LIQUID BlUE.
    Price would be 1750 and 1850. Both of these frames have the RP23 Shock and are new in box.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    On someone 6'1" I'd think the M frame would be way too small. SC suggests the max on a M is 5'10". From the SC measurement chart, at 6'3" you'd be in an XL frame. At 5'11" you're still in a L. Seems a stretch fitting on a M. A setback seatpost only gives you abt. 5/8" extra.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    agreed, I am 5'11" and I tested a medium with a 110mm stem and a slight setback post, and I found myself cramped. I went into the store anticipating that i would ride a medium as I like a slightly smaller frame but no way would I be able to handle that. Go at least a Large!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    BLT2s runs compact. I fit a medium at 5'8", and I found it very cramped.