Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

2007 Bullit??? Anybody heard/scene anything?

Seems it's going through some changes. My guess is that it'll have a hydroform top tube like the V10 and Nomad. Might even show up at Sea Otter. Keep those eyes and camera peeled.

Riding dirt since 1970
    That's exactly why I'm checking the forum. My '03 will probably keep rolling indefinately, but I'm still curious. Anybody out there ever broken a Bullit? I love my Bullit, but frames don't last forever, and I'm hoping they don't change it too much.
    Med. Nomad C for sale

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by MqtRider
    Seems it's going through some changes. My guess is that it'll have a hydroform top tube like the V10 and Nomad. Might even show up at Sea Otter. Keep those eyes and camera peeled.

I heard from a local SC rep that there should be one at Sea Otter. Guess we will have to wait and see now won't we.

When I asked if it was going to have the swooping top tube like the V10/Nomad......he said "No comment" with a little grin. So take that how you wanna.

mtnbikej

FishZapper
    You know, there was a couple little things they could've tweaked on the bullit, but by and large the bike works fine. I agree that maybe replacable dropouts and maybe a swinglink should be added, but I hope they dont **** it all up by adding one of those stupid, nad-crushing top tubes.
    Why would they do that? People were still buying bullits. They're great. I hope mine lasts a long time and that the new ones arent too much different so I can get another without rendering myself sterile.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Bullit Redoux

I love my Bullit and instead of buying a new bike I decided to complete update my bike. The only thing that I think the Bullit needed was a Floating Brake. I personally don't think it needs replaceable dropouts unless you wanted to have different dropouts available for standard QR or the option of adding a 12mm Through axle. Anyhow, I hope they don't change them much. Here is my re-done 2004 model and it is only waiting for the new Juicy's to arrive to be finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    That's a pretty bike....thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks

Thanks Man!

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out!

Cheesiest
    Did you get that puppy repainted? Sweet bike!

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by lifer
    That's exactly why I'm checking the forum. My '03 will probably keep rolling indefinately, but I'm still curious. Anybody out there ever broken a Bullit? I love my Bullit, but frames don't last forever, and I'm hoping they don't change it too much.
    Cracked mine at the rear triangle where the dropout meets the tubular sections on the brake side. Sent my 3-year old broken frame to SC along with $500 and got a brand new frame!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Repainted?

Hey, thanks for the compliments! Well, I did not get it painted but did get it powder coated. I've been kicking around the idea of getting a Nomad but just have not been able to bring myself to do it. I have had this Bullit for a couple of years and love the bike. I've felt that the only thing a Bullit needed to be perfect was a floating brake to eliminate the brake jack. If you are off the brakes the Bullit is super plush but once you engage the rear brake on steep rutted and rocky downhills you can feel the rear stiffen up and kind of bounce over things. Not very confidence inspiring. I've been pretty sick since the end of January, caught Whooping Caugh, and have not been able to ride. So, I decided to spend the time upgrading just about everything on my bike. First I picked up a Brake Therapy floating brake kit. It was scuba yellow before and I really did not like the color so I took the whole bike apart. Spent a couple of weeks talking to different powder coating companies and deciding on a color. I wanted something completely different from any other Bullits that I've seen. I decided on this color that Dupont makes in a high gloss polyester powder called Evergreen. I ordered the sticker kit direct from Santa Cruz. I rode it for the first time today. This bike is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The floater makes an incredible difference. It is like a completely different bike. I had a 888RC on here before and it was sweet but I picked up a 66RC to lighten it up a bit and it is better than the 888RC. Just as plush with the same travel but the air assist for preload is awesome by eliminating any brake dive. It is the perfect fork for the Bullit. I can't wait till I am 100% well again so I can take it out for several hours of thrashing. The Bullit is out of production and being redesigned by Santa Cruz. I have to wonder if they will add a floating brake option when re-released. I hear they are going to have one of the new models at Sea Otter so I'll find out in a couple of weeks and of course, pictures will be posted on here of whatever I see there.

mtbr member
    I contacted SC via E-mail and they told me that nothing had been finalized for the new bullit yet except that it will be a single pivot. They also said that it should be out by the fall. I hope they dont change it too much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Man i cant wait to see the new Bullit, ive tried to block it outa my mind since i first heard it was happening. I own a 03 so maybe its time to upgrade? Oh yeh my fingers are crossed it doesnt have a hydroformed top tube, i hate em! they look yuk and seem a hinderance, maybe if SC hydroformed them downwards not like a hump?? wheres the logic?
    CHUNKY says no HUMP!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    What i really want to know is how much travel it will have. The old one had 170mm of claimed travel? Now that the nomad has 165mm/ 6.5''and is used frequently as a trail bike (and to mind mind has stolen the aggro trail soul of the heckler) does this mean the bullit should be pushing more towards the single pivot Vpfree territory? my bets (and hopes) are an 8.5inch free/dh type ride. the reason i reckon this is because when they said they were going to do a VPP bullit we got the Vpfree and not the nomad

Then they just need to re-tread the heckler to 6.5 '' and the SL to 5'' and SC has the full range of single pivots to match the vpp.

just a hunches...no facts

mtbr member
    I agree that they need to align the single pivot bikes with the VPP bikes but why not leave the Bullit at 6.5-7 inches of travel and bring back the Super Eight as well? The greatest attribute of the Bullit was its versatility, something it would loose if it starts to push the eight inch travel mark. I am hoping that Sea Otter will have a proto type.

FishZapper
    I agree about not upping the travel. I love that my DH bike is also my XC bike, and I aint no Mark Wier so climbing 3000 feet on a VP Free aint my idea of a good time...

Cheesiest
    Rather than having redundancy in SC's line-up, I hope they keep the Heckler and Bullit to fill the gaps in an affordable way. With three bikes, they can cover the entire spectrum, with some overlap: Superlight-XC/Trail, Heckler-Trail/AM, and Bullit-FR/DH

I pray they only make some basic changes, but keep the Bullit's soul where it's at.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways
    Rather than having redundancy in SC's line-up, I hope they keep the Heckler and Bullit to fill the gaps in an affordable way. With three bikes, they can cover the entire spectrum, with some overlap: Superlight-XC/Trail, Heckler-Trail/AM, and Bullit-FR/DH

I pray they only make some basic changes, but keep the Bullit's soul where it's at.
    I agree with that...With the generation of long travel trailbikes, The Bullit still fits to gap of AM/FR setup...

Mine is 36lbs with Z150FR, a Deemax wheels and 2.35tires makes it a real and perfect AM bike...
    When trails gets tougher, Just stand up and deliver.

mtbr member
    I think that the Heckler is capable of being the AM/light freeride bike but as it is currently i think that the 140mm of travel is a little short for the freeride side when compared to the competition. If they would bump it up to 150-160MM i would be the first to buy one.

Whoaohohohoh
    Just got back from day one at Sea Otter, I didn't see any new proto type bikes from santa cruz or the new version of the bullit. I don't know if its going to show up or not, but if it does I will take some pics and post them up here. Right now the outlook doesn't look good but we got 3 more days.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoaohohohoh
    Just got back from day one at Sea Otter, I didn't see any new proto type bikes from santa cruz or the new version of the bullit. I don't know if its going to show up or not, but if it does I will take some pics and post them up here. Right now the outlook doesn't look good but we got 3 more days.
    Keep us posted...I am sure the closer you get to the weekend, more stuff will prevail.

~SIDEBAR~

I am taking my Bullit to the shop to have the finishing touches done this weekend! I am SO stoked that I will finally be able to ride my dream bike soon!

Whoaohohohoh
    Got back early from day 2 of sea otter, still no luck. Santa Cruz did however manage to mount the manitou fork on there show chamelon backwards, which i thought was pretty bad.

mtbr member
    I just want to add my new Bullit to this thread....I am very proud of it!

FishZapper
    you proud of that seat? G-zus!

mtbr member
    Yep, I like it! It's my bike, you don't have to ride it... I am used to a seat like that...I had a SDG Big-Boy before that....just something that I am used to.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Anyone heard anything more? I wouldn't be surprised if it has around 180mm rear travel to match the 2007 66 forks and the new rs totem, they may even go for a 1.5 headtube for the travis and 1.5 steerer totem, they experimented with 1.5 steerers on the vp free but don't seem to have put them into production, maybe this will turn up on the new bullit. I would also like to see a rear rs maxle either in a 135mm or 150mm spacing, 135mm would be better cos then the bb could stay at 73mm not the 83mm that is really required for a 150mm rear end, there arent enough 'all mountain' cranks available for 83mm yet as far as i'm aware, at least not with a hollowtech 2 or x-type setup.
    Just a few thoughts, Ben.
    Last edited by ben_stamp; 04-21-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast